Not the London Bus - another open thread.

Here a few pictures "coaches" not buses that my late father used to drive for Premier Albanian from Watford back in the late 70's early 80's He always said he was a coach drive rather than a bus driver.

img703 by Doug, on Flickr

This Coach below was an interesting vehicle , as it was on test from Bedford and had a turbo engine that the company had to keep strict records on and report back to GM on.

VM GNK816N 003 by Doug, on Flickr

Premier WUR80M 001 by Doug, on Flickr

Clearly, Premier Albanian liked their Bedfords!

Clearly, Premier Albanian liked their Bedfords!
oh yeah, when my father drove for them they had a fleet of about 26 Bedford's, plus a couple of AEC , mixture of Duple and Plaxton bodies. They phased out the AEC's and Duples to go 98% Bedford / Plaxton. They did buy 2 Leyland Tigers, I forgot about those. The family sold up the early 90's having been going for over 60 years.

Last edited:
While talking about Leyland, this is NOT my photo, don't know where it came from, was sent to me last week by coincidence.

My connection is that I worked on it and other Worldmasters in the fleet, even drove them when the drivers were on strike. (they had no power steering, so very heavy when overloaded)

Wilson preselect box and fluid flywheel, not a very good vehicle really for the long and steep hill we had, so used mainly on the central routes.

This particular one ended up being called the flying s**thouse, as it had a loo installed, luxury seats, higher ratio diff and was used as a shuttle when planes could not land at the city's airport.
The hill in the distance behind the bus is 1000' above he street where the bus is, the city was in a hollow and ILS of the time could not work with the surrounding hills.

The NPC on the numberplate was for Natal Pietermaritzburg Corporation

wmpmb.jpg

Inside a Stagecoach 57 from Exmouth to Exeter. These buses appear to have uprated seats, etc for this "premium" service...

Bottom deck Exmouth bus 10mm superwide A65 DSC03746.JPG

Inside a Stagecoach 57 from Exmouth to Exeter. These buses appear to have uprated seats, etc for this "premium" service...

View attachment 404397

We have a similar set up down here in Kent, our uprated buses are called Stagecoach Gold. They look a pretty similar layout to one in your pic'.

Last edited:
Rural buses get pretty crowded after 09:30, which may be because a lot of us oldies are entitled to free travel then...

View from the back of the bus 5D 9154.JPG

Brentwood Buses -- 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + A12 back + 2002 dated Fuji ASTIA E6 film home-processed 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* @ f5.62023-11-09-0010.jpg

Stagecoach's 157 service navigating the narrow Vicarage Road in Sidmouth. Sometimes, it's a tight squeeze but they seem to manage it without tears...

157 bus passing two cars Vicarage Road Sidmouth GM5 P1240268.jpg

From Beamish museum

i-88KSMmP-XL.jpg

Even buses have to stop for zebra crossings...

Young woman on phone crossing in front of bus Exeter P1011092.JPG

Back