Not the London Bus - another open thread.

Edit My Images
No
For those of us who avoid The Great Wen, a place to share our buses.

To start us off, a bus called "aBus"...

Abus double decker pulling into The Triangle Sidmouth A65 DSC02952.JPG

Not full up on top...

Empty top deck bus at Exeter station E-PL5 P5200004.JPG

The Big Banana: a local bus in the Austrian Tyrol...

Regio bus at Seefeld TZ7 P1020549.jpg

Stopping a bus...

Bus queue Heavitree Road Exeter P1230898.jpg

A small rural bus leaving Exeter for Moretonhamstead, taken from the top deck of a Seaton bound double decker...

Small rural bus Exeter GM5 _1050747.JPG

There's a lot of glass at Exeter bus station these days...

Buses reflected in station windows GM5 P1240153.jpg

Even the local buses are kitted out with comfortable seats these days...

Bus seat backs Exeter FZ82 P1010296.JPG

Aboard a rare beast; Axe Valley Mini Travel's Number 52.

This leaves Seaton at 10:00 Monday to Friday, arriving at Exeter Bus Station at 11:10. It then sets off home at 13:40, arriving back in Seaton for 14:50. It doesn't quite duplicate Stagecoach's (roughly hourly) 9A service...

Top deck of 52 bus Axe Valley Mini Travel E-PL1 P1011549.JPG

Two vintage Leyland buses in Morecambe yesterday.

i-r5gk5h7-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Here a few pictures "coaches" not buses that my late father used to drive for Premier Albanian from Watford back in the late 70's early 80's He always said he was a coach drive rather than a bus driver.

img703 by Doug, on Flickr

This Coach below was an interesting vehicle , as it was on test from Bedford and had a turbo engine that the company had to keep strict records on and report back to GM on.

VM GNK816N 003 by Doug, on Flickr

Premier WUR80M 001 by Doug, on Flickr

Unavailable.

Last edited:
Thought I'd drop this in- an ex-bus:
20190915-P9150058 - OldBus by Lindsay Pennell, on Flickr

My suspicions about what that is prompted me to investigate and find I was correct...

It's actually a former London Transport Leyland National 2 which used to serve on the Red Arrow routes in the centre of the city.

There's a 1991 photo of it (not mine I should add) on the 503 on New Oxford Street here.

In 1993 it was rebuilt by East Lancs coach builders with a 'Greenway' body and then re-registered and operated with Mass Transit of Lincoln for a few years before being acquired by Northampton College.

Last edited:
Wow @Musicman , that's really impressive that you could find out all that! Well, it's now sitting in a field behind the Northampton & Lamport Railway heritage line/museum just north of Northampton.

From one Leyland National 2 to another, this time owned by Ribble at Ambleside Bus Station in Cumbria in April 1983

Ribble 870 (LFR 870X) by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Continuing the other theme of ex-London buses operating elsewhere, an ex-London Transport short wheelbase Bristol LH on a Mountain Goat service, also at Ambleside the same day

BS 14 by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Finally, another Bristol bus at Ambleside, this time a Marshall-bodied Bristol RE

Ribble RE 300 (LRN 300J) by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back