Not to my taste...

As thread title!

I quite like one or two of them, but have to say that it is an effect that would soon(did quickly) loose its appeal for me..

I think the fourth shot is stunning, not as a sunset but for the effect.

It's good to see different photographic techniques being used. I think they're great for that. The cloud chaos one is a mind bender. Full size on a wall they'd be something else. The web page display is a poor way of showing them really.

o_O Undecided.
There are a few there where it seems to have worked really well and I love the end result, but some of the others are doing nothing for me at all.

Agree with Suz on this though. Interesting technique and nice to see something totally different - and printed full size displayed on a wall would probably transform them.

I like em, think the technique is interesting. I'll be reading a bit more when I have more time.

Just waiting for the first "How do I get this effect?" thread...

IIRC it tells you in the link...

Some of them are very over done. Simple technique though, you could do the same using image stacker, starstax might also so it, I think the frame lines ruin it with the cloud detail though, but that's just me being anal! the wind turbine one was the best, might have to give it a try when I'm about next time in Cornwall.

Great, nice to see something different. At least it's not yet another shot looking down Ashness Jetty..

Was gonna say, starstax might work for this. I rely like some of these where the artifacts aren't too obvious.

I love them. As has been said, poster sized, and properly framed there'd be some fabulous art there.

I liked them. Take away the artefacts from moving and you'd just be looking at a 10 stop shot. Some do make my head hurt a bit but it's definitely a useful technique, just requires the right amount of movement present.

It's art and so it's subjective
I think it's good art, not in love with it but don't hate it

H

Would you leave on auto exposure I wonder? The light's going to change over an hour or two I guess?

I personally think it would look better as only 4 or 5 shots stacked rather than it being so staccato. Still wouldn't be to my taste but it might be less unpalatable! Might even give it a try with multiple exposure rather than messing about in PP.

Interesting but very sci-fi looking. It would make a good poster for a sc-fi movie or album cover

Wind turbine one is a beautiful image, would have that hung on my wall any day. Some of the others were crackers too big bang standing out for me.

Steve

What is that all about?!! Sorry just doesn't do it for me!

Back