Note 8 SD Card Issue

Name
Anonymous
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Note 8 which as of late seems to be developing some issues.

Chief of which is related to the camera. I have a SanDisk 128gb Microsd card in it and I save my photos to it. As of late, many photos and videos don't appear on it. In the gallery, the thumbnails appear grey and if I play a video, it just gives an error saying it can't be played back. Many photos appear to be partially processed as in the top 5% looks ok but everything is greyed out. This is quite aggravating as I'm currently in Dubai and I've taken loads of photos.

Try reading the card on a PC of some sort to see whether the card has been written to incorrectly or whether it's the Note not reading it. If it's the former then try a new card to see if the problem is the card or the Note. If it's the latter then it's something you can probably live with for the moment.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, this happened when I loaded the card to a friend so he can use it in his go pro camera. Thankfully everything that was already on it was backed up but everything that has since been added (I.e. photos taken/ videos recorded) are coming out corrupt. The data is their in the respect I know they were long videos and the files over well over 500mb and a gig in some respects but all I want to now know is how to salvage these files.

If you can store your photos elsewhere for a little while try formatting the card in your camera.

I'm not particularly fussed in how I can go from here as I've decided to have the camera create the files directly onto the phone as that is fastest and seemingly the best option and after they've been backed up, I'll off load them on to the SD card to free up space.

It's just how to recover my corrupt fles. I've just come back from Dubai and I made a few videos and their seemingly gone. 1 video is a gig in size yet it says their is no data. Are their programs out their that can help me ?

Whilst I appreciate the link, I haven't lost files in the literal sense. As in after I've recorded a video, its gone. My problem is corrupted files which aren't view able. I have loads (Photos and Videos) which just fail to open. I assume (Perhaps wrongly) their is a possibility I can recover these files as I'm thinking the file header has somehow become corrupt during the file save process.

After reviewing an earlier post, I realize I made a mistake in phrasing the question. Apologies.

I had exactly the same issue this weekend, I had run out of film and came across a few things of interest so decided to use my phone, As I was away from home for a few days and don't have data on my package they weren't auto backed up to Flickr as is the norm as I log into a local Wifi network ( I was in the mountains of Wales) as soon as I arrived home I found they were corrupted or the card had died, exactly as you described it looked like half the file was there. I tried various Android apps none of which worked until I found one called photo recovery this worked a treat and I have now managed to back them up to Flickr in in fact posted some on here. The phone still has a problem with the card but at least I've rescued the photos It's worth trying this app.

Last edited:
I appreciate the response Brad. I've tried to use this app to no avail. Unless I'm remarkably moronic, I don't find the app intuitive to use. I did a search and it just displayed like a 1000 photos (Most if not all were photos I already have and don't need to be recovered).

O.K Proff this is how I used it if I remember right ! Select the icon on your Apps page , I get some adverts but press back button at bottom, I get various groups of photos displayed ( it does seem to show all of them and they seem in a strange order) select the group you think or can see the photos are in , then select the photos you wish to restore ( this will give them a coloured border) press restore the photos should then end up in your gallery or in a folder called restored pictures. It's a little difficult for me to run through the whole process as it tells me the images I am trying to restore have already been restored (I cannot fault it here as they have) Hope that helps Proff.

Last edited:
Back