Answered Notices

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Is there any chance to give us the option to dismiss a notice once we have seen it please?

At the moment the current forum notice (Several new and exciting challenges starting soon. *Updated*) is showing up on every page load, as have other notices in the past.

Best,

Milo

Not at the moment, no.
Its pinned for a reason,
but I'll make it dis-missable in a day or two.
As I / we have with others in the past

Can you explain please?

If a person has read/seen the notice then I am not sure why you would not allow the option for them to dismiss it.

Best,

Milo

Can you explain please?

If a person has read/seen the notice then I am not sure why you would not allow the option for them to dismiss it.

Best,

Milo
Plenty of browser extensions that can do what you want. You can pretty much hide any elements of a website.

Reactions: Sky
How about: we don't want it dismissable whilst we are trying to draw people's attention to something? We rarely leave undismissable notices up for very long, but it's our prerogative to do so if we think it is appropriate.
In this case, it would be all too easy for someone like yourself to decide, without looking at the linked post, to dismiss it, and then you would later complain that you weren't aware there was (as in this case) a members challenge with prizes. So that's why it is not dismissable yet.

Plenty of browser extensions that can do what you want. You can pretty much hide any elements of a website.

Yup, I am aware oof that and I have such an extension.

However I am loath to use it in this case as I may end up missing an important notice or one that is of interest to me, hence this thread.

Thanks though.

Best,

Milo

How about: we don't want it dismissable whilst we are trying to draw people's attention to something? We rarely leave undismissable notices up for very long, but it's our prerogative to do so if we think it is appropriate.
In this case, it would be all too easy for someone like yourself to decide, without looking at the linked post, to dismiss it, and then you would later complain that you weren't aware there was (as in this case) a members challenge with prizes. So that's why it is not dismissable yet.

Hi,

Many thanks for explaining a bit more, it is appreciated.

I actually do read the notices but I get that some will not and just dismiss them without a second glance.

I understand this is your forum and you get the make the rules.

I do however get a sense of hostility from the replies and I am not sure why?

I just made a simple request and then asked for some clarification, I meant no disrespect by it.

Anyway thank you for your time.

Best,

Milo

No hostility intended, but your second post sounded like a challenge to how we do things, and coming from a pretty inactive member of the forum, that seemed a bit .... However, I have explained, you have understood, so I think we are on the same page.

No hostility intended, but your second post sounded like a challenge to how we do things, and coming from a pretty inactive member of the forum, that seemed a bit .... However, I have explained, you have understood, so I think we are on the same page.

HI,

Please do accept my apologies if that is how it seemed, that was not my intention.

Unfortunately many many years go I received a head injury and since then I have had problems with communicating/articulating myself in an acceptable manner.

Because of this it can also take me some time to write just a simple reply as I tend to over think things and will often re-write things multiple times.

I am not sharing this because I want sympathy, or a pass, on the contrary I need to be picked up on things if I get it wrong.

Best,

Milo

Back