Now THAT'S customer service!

Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a Microsoft optical mobile mouse 6000 for my laptop. I really liked the the way it can be used on any surface without the need for a mouse mat. After about 3 months of use, the wireless USB dongle got extremely hot and the mouse just stopped working.

As I bought it from my local PC RipoffWorld I went back to them and got the usual "Sorry, nothing we can do..." treatment. so I phoned Microsoft. They said. "Yes, we know about this problem with some of the earlier mice we sent out ( PC RipoffWorld holding old stock?) so let us replace it please". Seriously, they said "Please".

They sent me a DHL tracking number, it came via Antwerp, Eindhoven, Gatwick, Leeds and finally to my home today. I then got a call from them saying that they had noticed I had taken delivery, did I need assistance in installing it and was there anything else I needed. Well done Microsoft.

How good is that?......

Thats pretty good...however I would also take issue with PC Fraud refusing to sort it out...

good result........

the sales of goods act is an intersting read........ive sent many items back, including me recent sigma lens due to the stripping issue.

i have a friend who recently just had his five year old plasma TV replaced

Thats pretty good...however I would also take issue with PC Fraud refusing to sort it out...

You know what, I would normally agree but I was that way out that day and I just couldn't be bothered fighting it over a mouse. I guess they rely on a lot of people feeling that way too.

It does pay to complain that is the only way these companies will start sorting their act out.

I know it doesn't seem like a large amount but it is the principle, they sold it and take their cut so they should deal with THEIR customer.

I have an issue with 3 mobile at the moment, the wife's little used 10 month old LG 405 mobile screen developed a fault overnight and the store manager has said that it has been damaged under the screen even though there is no visible damage and the phone is mint. Have tried contacting LG but their customer care email line was down due to maintenance. 3 are next to useless at sorting out issues, the call centres are even worse.

It is all good fun, well that is what I try and tell myself anyway.

Great service that is. Bought my mac from pc world, they make a point of saying as soon as it's bought they have no responsibility for it in terms of after care etc Good really as I wouldn't dream of taking it to them anyway!!

That's good of Microsoft but PC World should have sorted that, especially after only 3 months. Your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer

Microsoft are bang on when it comes to customer service, I have had a few issues with their mice even ones over 12 months old but they have always replaced them.

Their best product the their old mouse 2.0 and 2.1, bomb proof I still have one attached to my server and its usuall on the floor run over by the chair wheels and it works no matter what.

I have to say though that without a proof of purchase, no retailer is obliged to help with an issue!

The great thing is a proof of purchase doesn't have to be a receipt. You can use a bank or credit card statement as proof. Also most large retailers hold on to their record of transactions for at least five years in case of a tax review and can, if they're being nice, search their systems for your card number (I know Tesco could do this and that's going back 15 years or so!).

In fact under data protection laws you might be able to request all your details they hold on file.

That's completely try and I'm not disputing that fact, also I have just noticed the timescale of your problem. After 28 days (I think may be wrong but its around that) the remainder of the years warrantee is provided by the manufacturer not the reseller

That's completely try and I'm not disputing that fact, also I have just noticed the timescale of your problem. After 28 days (I think may be wrong but its around that) the remainder of the years warrantee is provided by the manufacturer not the reseller

You are wrong.

The SoGA makes the retailer responsible, for the first 6 months the burden of proof lies with the retailer after that it lies with the customer, claims can be made against the retailer for as long as a hypothetical reasonable person would expect the goods to last. For an expensive electrical item this could be as long as 6 years.

Back