Nutters with Cameras - f&c style.

Just came across this, which my wife took as I emerged from trying to take an arty-farty shot through the bracken, near Lake Taupo, North Island NZ, in 1974...

SS74Gr08 by Chris Rusbridge, on Flickr

(I think if a click-through to Flickr works, you should be able to see said arty-farty shot as the next one along!)

Cripes!!! You haven't changed a bit..the camera never lies..

on his knees s***ting himself more like ..god i hate anything over five foot two high

Bit harsh on everyone except Yv and Nick. :(

could have been worse ,,, i could have said four foot two and then everyone would have been included :D

wouldnt they ?? :rolleyes:

Well... I've not met Nick but Yv wouldn't have to crouch too much! ;)

Not strictly Nutters with cameras but I believe the street where all the mods live.... :D

Banning-Street by Andy, on Flickr

could have been worse ,,, i could have said four foot two and then everyone would have been included :D

wouldnt they ?? :rolleyes:

Hey! my grandaughter was taking shots with my T90 plus flashgun..and she loved it and didn't mind the weight...so you can't dislike the little people ;)...erm well she is nine now and more than 4'-2" but she did have a toy digi when she was about 5.

ish gods.....the poor child

can't we phone somebody bout this tragedy...

is there not a charity for disadvantaged child photographers....or something

i can't sit by and accept this situation, Nikon donation thread time........

:)

Last edited:
Just found a very fuzzy picture of me taking a photo the other night in the fog. I only know it's me because I nodded to the guy taking it as I walked passed. You can just make out the tripod and a person behind it.

It's on Facebook and I can't work out how to link it.

ish gods.....the poor child

can't we phone somebody bout this tragedy...

is there not a charity for disadvantaged child photographers....or something

i can't sit by and accept this situation, Nikon donation thread time........

:)

:D:D:D

I was going to take the AF Nikon 90x but wasn't sure if it could focus properly in dim conditions, also not sure if my non Nikon flash guns would work properly (say on program or TV).....she did have a problem focusing on the T90 so set it at 5' and told her to take shots at that distance....AAMOI the Canon EOS 300 is a bit crappy as in dim conditions and set the lens at AF and it wont fire the flash gun (seems a crappy system where you can't take a shot if the exposure is incorrect) ..and only fires the flash if the lens set on manual. I hate it when the camera thinks it knows best :rolleyes:

eeee, you cannoners have some funny ideas about nikons...:D

1. 90x will have pretty good af compared with other cameras of the same age and tech.
2. most flash guns will work with it, nikon has the best flash exposure metering ever in the history of anything.
3, no such thing as TV, its Shutter priority "S", Aperture priority "A", whoever came up with "TV" for anything, musta been smoking something, makes no sense.
4. Nikons do what they're told, there's none of that refusal to fire cos its too dark rubbish.

:D:D

eeee, you cannoners have some funny ideas about nikons...:D

1. 90x will have pretty good af compared with other cameras of the same age and tech.
2. most flash guns will work with it, nikon has the best flash exposure metering ever in the history of anything.
3, no such thing as TV, its Shutter priority "S", Aperture priority "A", whoever came up with "TV" for anything, musta been smoking something, makes no sense.
4. Nikons do what they're told, there's none of that refusal to fire cos its too dark rubbish.

:D:D

Well the Nikon 401 was crappy as that wouldn't fire with incorrect exposure in daylight :rolleyes: but I suppose I should get the matching flash for the Nikon F90x and have seen them at the bootie for as low as £12 but keep forgetting the model No for my camera....maybe next year and will write it down.

Aperture priority "A"
A group of people asked me to take their photo (with their camera) a few months ago, because they saw me with my camera and decided I might know what I was doing. Anyway, she handed me her camera, said "It's already on automatic". So I pointed out that "A" stood for Aperture, and that "P" stood for Program Mode, which is automatic, and I realised what a stupid system that is, too. I wonder how long they'd been taking photos at a fixed f/5.6.

A is another automatic mode, as is S. A and S just give priority to the user's selected aperture and shutter speed respectively then automatically select the other parameter according to the meter.

Hey! my grandaughter was taking shots with my T90 plus flashgun..and she loved it and didn't mind the weight...so you can't dislike the little people ;)...erm well she is nine now and more than 4'-2" but she did have a toy digi when she was about 5.

My grandaughter (just turned 9) did a good job taking this shot and we supposed to make a funny face:-

The mark on the shot is a puzzle as it's not on the neg or the index of thumbnails, so when I go back to Asda will get them to scan again for a better CD...film was Kodak gold exp 2002 and lens Sigma 24mm.

Last edited:
Really like this thread. I'll see what I can dig out.

Last edited:
One from the archive that made me laugh. The guy taking the photograph is using his new Cosina CT-1, which I guess dates the image! I was using an Olympus OM-1N loaded with Kodacolor

16112593032_3181cdca9e_b.jpg

I can only see two changes, but I don't know if they are obvious or not!

Well I have spotted the less obvious change...dunno if it is the one you mean though.

Oh just spotted the third!

I can see four - but I don't know if one of them counts...

Got the 3rd! Shame on you, Andy, be proud, man!

Yep, all 3 :)

PM sent...
Received and replied.......i can confirm that Stephen wasn't on the brandy......hé simply likes to exceed ( maybe that could do to say excel :p) in what hé does, including spotting more différences than what exist! :D:D

Last edited:
Gorgeous, just gorgeous. :naughty:

Back