\o/

Well now, not doing too badly eh MK? :clap:

I found this shot on OcUK which is one of your 1st efforts that you posted (I can't find the earliest on that you posted on TP :()

You've come a long way Alaisdair.(y)

mkocukpict0008ug2.jpg

Wow, thank you everyone for your kind words. I am excited about it all now.

I found this shot on OcUK which is one of your 1st efforts that you posted (I can't find the earliest on that you posted on TP :()

You've come a long way Alaisdair.(y)

Thank you Susane. If you look at the exif of that shot, you will see if was taken on the 13th April 2007. This is actually the day i consider to be my first day as a photographer. I am planning to head out April 13th this year and try and retake the same shots at the exact same time as I did last year, :)

Late to a thread as always, but congratulations. Those are excellent images; 1 and 3 particularly captivating.

:clap:

Wow, thank you everyone for your kind words. I am excited about it all now.

Thank you Susane. If you look at the exif of that shot, you will see if was taken on the 13th April 2007. This is actually the day i consider to be my first day as a photographer. I am planning to head out April 13th this year and try and retake the same shots at the exact same time as I did last year, :)

That will be most interesting to see.(y)

Nice one MK (y)

As ever, loving your work :D

I would like to add my congratulations to the others already giving. Thank you also for sharing the images so we can see what type of image is a successful one. This is something we can all learn from and I for one would like to thank you for sharing for this reason.

(y)

Fantastic news :clap::clap::clap: you must be so proud :D

I just love the miner shot. Not long after I joined TP I saw this image and it still amazes me to this day. Well done

Alan

pfftt...you fail to mention all the other entrants where from 2 year olds with a handful of crayola's :p....

...only joking!!! The rate at which your work has progressed is pretty outstanding mate and anything you get will be richly deserved! Severe kudos for the miner shot, outstanding capture. (y)

Congrats and best of luck MK

dsc3208edittl8.jpg

:D

Second out of about 300 entries. Im quite happy with that, especially as it also earnt me £300. The pictures are also on exhibition in the gallery for a month with all of them for sale, so hopefully i'll get some more sales and interest in my work off this. :)

:clap::clap::clap:
Well done Sir (y)

Well done! Been following your progress on here and OcUK and your work is quite simply stunning!

Excellent news Alasdair - 1st place next year then? ;)

Hope you get some good news from the shots you have up in the gallery too :)

Well done, that's a really great result.

Well done Al, a true achievement :)

Very well done my friend, The miner shot has to be one of the finest portrait images ever to grace the pages of this forum.
£300 eh!!!! spend it wisely young man;)

Dean:)

congrats on your win

extremely well done
many congrats
your pictures are awesome - good to see you getting recognition! :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks you lot. :)

Excellent news Alasdair - 1st place next year then? ;)

Hope you get some good news from the shots you have up in the gallery too :)

Nope, it a bi-annual competition. ;) The plan for this year ahead is to get my LRPS and be well on my way to an ARPS, and also get increasingly bigger exhibitions. Im going to try and get one at the local art shop soon. :)

LRPS feedback due soon as I recall?

Well done old fruit! Well done indeed! :clap:

Great news Alisdair....that shot could turn into a nice little earner over time. My copy's smiling down on me right now.

Bob

Thats a great result mate(y) It must have been something really special that managed to beat your photo:eek:

Back