Och aye the noo am a heighlan coo..

I think you'll find that it is impossible to make a racist remark against a race of people of which you yourself are a member. ;)

Wrong again. It's clearly down to the perception of the victim or anybody else. Nothing to do with actual different races or nationalities.

Last edited:
what a retarded law, if that's the case

Yeh, yeh. The law is the law. I didn't write it, just quoted it. You don't have to agree with it, I don't care.

Wrong again. It's clearly down to the perception of the victim or anybody else. Nothing to do with actual different races or nationalities.

What that means is, if I for arguements sake, make a comment that there are a lot of fat people in Glasgow, then that could, by your reckoning, be construed as being a racist remark. In fact it would mean that any slightly derogatory remark made by anyone to anyone else could be classed as being racist in nature.

Anyway, I'll remember for the future that you're a sensitive wee soul that gets all het up "awfy" easily ;)

Last edited:
BTW - There are a lot of fat people in Glasgow, as there are anywhere else you care to name ;)

Oh SIGH! It really amazes me that people always out-do themselves. Phonetic, racist, racism, dialect, language, race, accent, grammar, spelling, are all very clearly defined words.

How one choses to interpret them, is, of course, entirely personal, but just like everyone has an opinion, it doesn't mean you are right.

/end caring.

I like the pic Graham, interesting effect at 18mm that close up...

They can be quite nasty and unpredictable can they not?

The Highland cattle as well..............:naughty:

(Typed in the Queens English to avoid further civil unrest north of the border...:).........)

Wow one of my most popular threads.. For my next post it will be a black dwarf rabbit doe with only three legs.. Surely that wouldn't stir up any debates :annoyed: :LOL:

If only it was still the 30th I'd submit a photo of my monitor with this thread as a POTY entry.. I would call it "Storm in a Teacup" :naughty:

How ace is that ranting smiley!

Thanks for all the comments by the way.. Raphael.. I can just imagine the picture on a birthday card or something.. "Douglas got a shock when his internet wife appeared at the door"

Last edited:
Sorry Leon, I think I've posted too much in this without commenting on the whole reason for the thread.

I'm pretty certain from the comments you attach to your first post, that you're aware that this isn't the best shot ever. However, it's far from a bad one. The eyes are crazy, and the composition isn't bad. I'm sure you know how it could be improved, and I'm pretty certain you're not looking for critique on this image. So I won't bother, I won't mention the other random crap in this thread. Full stop.

What that means is, if I for arguements sake, make a comment that there are a lot of fat people in Glasgow, then that could, by your reckoning, be construed as being a racist remark. In fact it would mean that any slightly derogatory remark made by anyone to anyone else could be classed as being racist in nature.

Anyway, I'll remember for the future that you're a sensitive wee soul that gets all het up "awfy" easily ;)

Nah, you missed the point, which is, if one person of a certain race says something to a second person of the SAME race and that second person, or anybody else, percieves it to be racicst, then in Scottish law that is regarded as a racist incident. Fact. Obviously it is the same if it occurs between people of differing races as well. Hope that clarifies.

As for me being sensitive. You'll never know. I'm certainly not het up.:shake:

Sorry Leon, I think I've posted too much in this without commenting on the whole reason for the thread.

I'm pretty certain from the comments you attach to your first post, that you're aware that this isn't the best shot ever. However, it's far from a bad one. The eyes are crazy, and the composition isn't bad. I'm sure you know how it could be improved, and I'm pretty certain you're not looking for critique on this image. So I won't bother, I won't mention the other random crap in this thread. Full stop.

Yep you're spot on.. I probably would have spent more time their but I couldn't stay long where I was parked so just took a few snaps. It's just one of those shots that your eye misses the faults because you are just drawn to the humour of the pic.. It's the crazy eyes!

As a Sassenach living on the West coast - racism, what racism :D

There's almost daily court cases in this area for racist comments and 90% of the time it is Scot against Scot. The other 10% nobody is sure about as they can't understand a word that has been said.

Aye, you lads fae the west - Westie Pestie's.
Ye cannae beat an Eastie Beastie - unless it's wi a stick. ;)

Back