Oculus Rift

Oculus Rift

Sounds like Spidermans latest Nemesis......LOL

I needed to google it, but seem to rememeber a similar name on Click tec show and was reminded....

You are gonna need a decent GPU too

Very tempted, have upgraded my main PC over Xmas and dropped on a 390x in the sales in preparation. Not got the cash to order it yet until I flog some parts.

Very tempted, have upgraded my main PC over Xmas and dropped on a 390x in the sales in preparation. Not got the cash to order it yet until I flog some parts.
The money isn't charged until it's dispatched and with new orders now showing as April you will have plenty of time to save up!

I'm also very interested in this too.

I want to get drunk whilst sitting on an asteroid.

If I had such a thing I'd probably go ambling around the world on google street View. Seems a waste :)

How much are these electronic goggles?

Have you looked at the HTC Vive?

If I had such a thing I'd probably go ambling around the world on google street View. Seems a waste :)

How much are these electronic goggles?
Google street view already has 3d, which you can use a phone with. I have the £5 cardboard 3d viewer for my android phone that works well.

I agree, some is fun for a short while, but I wonder if things like the rift are better?

I agree, some is fun for a short while, but I wonder if things like the rift are better?
I can only go on reviews and such and apparently it's quite significant. I had also looked into the HTC Vive but from what I have heard it is not very good and still very buggy.

Excellent - look forward to seeing your review. I used to work in post production and broadcast, heavily into the 3D equipment.

I can only go on reviews and such and apparently it's quite significant. I had also looked into the HTC Vive but from what I have heard it is not very good and still very buggy.

We have one of the earlier rifts at work, the resolution isn't very good and I found it quite laggy, i thought this was pretty impressive

Ordered mine, cannot wait. Delivery in April. Played with Aden kit briefly and was impressed, was a bit of lag but it was running on a standard laptop.

I did preorder but missed the first delivery date, I think the Vive could be a better supported device, so at least I can see what the Oculus can do and decide. The dk2 was pretty impressive but I found myself still going back to 3d vision glasses.

Last edited:
anyone know how differing vision in l/r eyes will impact using one of these?

my left eye has a bit of blurriness in the upper right of it's vision. In normal day to day my right eye overlaps and makes up for it, is the screen on these going to be so close to me eyes that this stops being an effective substitute?

I did preorder but missed the first delivery date, I think the Vive could be a better supported device, so at least I can see what the Oculus can do and decide. The dk2 was pretty impressive but I found myself still going back to 3d vision glasses.
I heard that the Vive is likely to cost quite a bit more so in my mind it would be good to try the Oculus for a year or so and then see how all the prices look and which one seems to be best. A bit like when the new consoles come out but you seem to see everyone switch over to one particular brand after so long.

I think they originally said £700 for the Vive, but I'm hoping orders open up before my rift is shipped so I can decide if its worth the extra.

The main thing for me is developer support and being backed by valve the vive may win there, but with Facebook's money, PR and being first Oculus is going to do well.

Last edited:
Back