Odd colours

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
OK guys,, whats happening here?

I have taken my photos in RAW.. colours look great on the camera in sRGB. They still look great when downloaded into Lightroom.
Lightroom is set to export to Photoshop CS3 as sRGB...so they still look great in Photoshop.

When I have finished sharpening etc... I save them to a folder and when I open them again..... they look great in Photoshop, Windows RAW viewer, Windows Fax & Picture Viewer.

Now heres the odd bit........ they look pale and grey and washed out in MSPaint, Quicktime Picture Viewer.... and when I upload to the forum.
And oddest of all.........the tiffs look fine in Fastone Viewer but the jpgs look washed out and grey! :thinking: :bang:

Any ideas chaps?

Are the profiles still intact in the finished versions? Do the tiffs and jpgs have the same profiled assigned - check this from the files to make sure it's not being changed/lost during save.

Have you checked colour management is turned on in Faststone?

Check at what point the problems start - if you export files from LR do they show the same results or is it only CS3 that introduces the problems?

If none of that leads to any clues can you post back with more detail about the process, especially how you're saving the files from each app, settings, etc.

Thank you Pxl8 I tried all the things you said and I can now upload again with true colours!

It all came from a WinXP reinstall and a Lightroom and CS3 reinstall.

Thanks again! :clap:

Back