Office Chair

Staples, and it's holding up quite well. We've had some of the better Ikea ones and they did OK too.

But I get an email every bloody day from "Furniture at Work" :mad:

Yeh, Staples for me too for the PC at home. Looking a bit stained nowadays tho:cool:.

At work if I need to be in the office I just grab whatever is free.

Looks great, but they don't make it easy to buy/price.

True. But worth it....especially if the company are paying (hence the Staples chair at home!)

Herman Miller Mirra or Aeron if you can stretch to it £££!

You can pick up some great deals on eBay as most are collection only so limit their market.

Herman Miller Aeron in the right size for you, which you determine by sitting on it - not by the size guide chart! (According to that, my wife needed an A and I needed a B. We actually got a B and a C)

When you work out the cost per hour that you'll spend sitting on a thing that you only buy once and how much you can get back for it if you flog it, it's very good value for money indeed.

...But I get an email every bloody day from "Furniture at Work" :mad:

Lucky you. At least you can block that. We had two copies of their "catalogue" drop through the door every 6 months for at least 7 years.

Last edited:
If you have any secondhand furniture shops near you, have a look. Companies sometimes/often get rid of perfectly good furniture simply because they don't like it. You could get a good deal.

Dave

Reactions: Nod
My current one came from Staples (IIRC) several years ago and the one before that was free from a bank who were upgrading changing their office. The air ram in the current one seems to be getting a bit dodgy and lowers me gently to a lower level over time but luckily I spend as little time as possible on it so it's not a real problem. If I had a little more space in the computer room, I would pinch one of my wife's exercise balls since they're very good for keeping a decent posture while on the 'puter.

On a more real world budget, Vilgot from Ikea has a lot of what you want in a chair for less than 50 quid - when I was looking recently, Staples couldn't come close. But I'd still pay the £300 you can get a lightly used Aaron for ;)

Expensive, heavy, but per hour of use probably the best value thing I've ever bought.

The Herman Millers look good and are probably a wise choice, considering how much I'll use it. It's still way more than I budgeted for.

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned the other huge advantage of the Aeron i.e. you fart through it, not into it. Admittedly that's not necessarily a Good Thing if you share your office with another human bean, but it's a boon if you're on your own :)

I'm still on the same chair I had 25 years ago. Ordinary office chair from Viking Direct. Seat pad is a bit flat but I recovered it when I got fed up of the foam falling out! It's proved to be great value for money. No idea whether it still adjusts as I've had the same desk for even longer...

It says 6 to sell in the heading. In the description it says 3 available/1 sold.
No feedback and a strange collection of items for sale. Member since Feb 2013.
Tempted to say it's OK, don't know why but it looks too "odd" to be a scam.
Thinking of getting one myself!!!

My office chair cost £650, My sons office chair was nearer £900 both presents from my sister!

Well, if I was in the market I would probably give it a punt - they're fairly local and I've got faith in fleabay/paypal protection if it doesn't arrive or is not as described. :help:

Worth paying an extra £50 to get the lumbar support?

If you sit as advised by all the posture people with your desk height, monitor height, keyboard reach yada yada yada all good and you're concerned about preventing lower back pain, yes. Otherwise, treat the girlfriend to a decent meal instead.

If you sit as advised by all the posture people with your desk height, monitor height, keyboard reach yada yada yada all good and you're concerned about preventing lower back pain, yes. Otherwise, treat the girlfriend to a decent meal instead.

It depends how you sit in the chair. If you sit "properly" with your back to the back rest rather than slouching or stooping over then the lumbar support is definitely worth it.

If you tend to be quite casual with how you sit then you'll get more benefit out of a nice meal as Dan days :D

one from staples, one from ebay (actually a stressless armchair... for sleeping thinking strategic thoughts )

Back