Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Much as i wanted to I just couldn't get out to take any proper pics today so I'll have to just show you a boring test shot I took with the 23mm. To get this from RAW into LR involved use of Fuji's RAW file convertor which is a step I'd rather not bother with but it will have to do until I get LR updated in a couple of weeks time. For now I can say that the 23mm is a lovely lens to use on the X Pro2, the AF is fast to lock on. Having charged the battery before use I haven't had any of the custom settings loss issues reported elsewhere (so far, anyway). So, here it is, probably the most boring shot on the forum but I needed to have a play before it got dark, you get the idea. Slightly cropped original (f/1.4, ISO 200, 1/2000 sec, Acros film sim without grain) then 100% crop of that file with a small amount of output sharpening applied. What does this prove? Not a whole hell of a lot, other than I got the camera today and I like it so far. Hopefully I'll take and post a few interesting pics tomorrow :

25225930069_eeef1a1ecc_b.jpg

25567356896_769188fe7e_b.jpg

It's part of the reason I sold the X100T. I know it's a great camera and the form factor are what a lot of people go for, but to me it just felt like a metal body filled with plastic. The XPro2 feels rock solid in comparison.
I think the size if the X100T is a big part of its appeal, over your shoulder you wouldn't know it's there, I take mine everywhere while on holiday, thus taking more shots.

I think the size if the X100T is a big part of its appeal, over your shoulder you wouldn't know it's there, I take mine everywhere while on holiday, thus taking more shots.
I totally agree Jim. I really wish there could have been space in my line up for both cameras but I needed to shift the X100T to buy the XP2.

Glowing reeview in this weeks Amateur Photographer - 5 stars, and the last line ' The saying "Good Things Come to Those That Wait" is true in the case of the Xpro-2'

All I can say is roll on the X-T2!!!!

Yep this in the XT1 body with the larger EVF and tilt screen should be good, I can't see what else will be different.

Just looking forward to:-

X-T1 body with titling screen
X-Pro2 sensor
X-Pro2 slightly faster focussing
X-Pro2 Dual Card Slots

For me the perfect (for now) camera!

I would add X-T1 tethering to that list. At the moment it's just not worth moving to an X-Pro2 from an X-T1

My favourite feature on the X-Pro2 has to be the joystick. I'm not sure how they would fit it into the XT body with its central viewfinder, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Got mine today, loving it so far, the overall speed is hugely impressive (even more so considering it's a Fuji).

Looking forward to getting out with properly at the weekend :)

My favourite feature on the X-Pro2 has to be the joystick. I'm not sure how they would fit it into the XT body with its central viewfinder, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

All they need tt do is move the focus assist button, could put that next to disp. Job done.

I would add X-T1 tethering to that list. At the moment it's just not worth moving to an X-Pro2 from an X-T1

I do wonder if certain bits might get held back from an XT2 a bit like you often see with Nikon and Canon to create differentiation.

It would be easy to leave out say the focus joystick and dual SD Cards for example if it was a route Fuji wanted to go down.

I do wonder if certain bits might get held back from an XT2 a bit like you often see with Nikon and Canon to create differentiation.

It would be easy to leave out say the focus joystick and dual SD Cards for example if it was a route Fuji wanted to go down.

I dont think they would leave out those, they are 2 different 'user' cameras imo. The XP2 you are paying for that VF and build, minor features like joystick and dual cards imo shouldnt be dropped and wont cost much to implement.

Got hit by the settings reset bug, battery was in the camera the entire time. Hopefully it'll be a one-off, although pretty poor that this got missed during testing (or added very late).

I doubt it, if anything it may even eclipse X-Pro 2. Fuji have a strong history of doing this. They really will have to 'go some' to improve on the X-T1 which is still an excellent camera. In fact, Fuji stated there wouldn't be an X-T2 unless they could introduce some outstanding technological developments.

Never going to happen, but in body stabilisation would immediately get me ordering, but a bit quicker af, two card slots and a larger sensor isn't that tempting.

Never going to happen, but in body stabilisation would immediately get me ordering, but a bit quicker af, two card slots and a larger sensor isn't that tempting.

IBIS wont happen, Fujis engineers have already squashed that one (mount isnt big enough apparently), larger sensor nope, image circle of the lens isnt big enough either.

I should have been clearer, I meant higher mp count, shame about no IBIS though

Are all the fuji lenses stabilised?

I believe all of the Zoom lenses apart from the 16-55 f2.8 are stabilised, none of the primes are though.

Just had an email from Fuji asking for my address so they can send the strap.

Cool, I confirmed the process with Park Cameras, they've passed my details to Fuji so should hear soon hopefully!... Not that I'll use the strap anyway!

I believe all of the Zoom lenses apart from the 16-55 f2.8 are stabilised, none of the primes are though.

The 16-55mm does have the Optical Image Stabiliser fitted. The OIS can be turned on or off as required. It's a brilliant little lens and extremely sharp.

The 16-55mm does have the Optical Image Stabiliser fitted. The OIS can be turned on or off as required. It's a brilliant little lens and extremely sharp.
No, that's the 18-55 f/2.8-4.0 you're thinking of.

XC 16-50 also has stabilisation which has to be enabled via the menu

Still no X pro 2. I called Calumet on Saturday and was told there was stock in their warehouse and should be in store early this week. I rang again today and was told 2 weeks ! I should have pre-ordered weeks ago :(

Still no X pro 2. I called Calumet on Saturday and was told there was stock in their warehouse and should be in store early this week. I rang again today and was told 2 weeks ! I should have pre-ordered weeks ago :(

Should've just gotten from wex it's been in stock since launch.

Should've just gotten from wex it's been in stock since launch.
Really ? I was gonna cancel the order and order form WEX but they're showing "awaiting stock"

If there any bugs might be a while before new stock arrives

I'm not sure what to do, they said they'd call me tomorrow and give me an ETA, they have a promotion on atm if you buy a camera over £500 you get £50 of any accessory. I opted for a Delkin 64GB UHS-II U3. I'll wait until after the call then decide.
Anyone have any experience of Delikn ? They get good to so-so reviews online.

I'm not sure what to do, they said they'd call me tomorrow and give me an ETA, they have a promotion on atm if you buy a camera over £500 you get £50 of any accessory. I opted for a Delkin 64GB UHS-II U3. I'll wait until after the call then decide.
Anyone have any experience of Delikn ? They get good to so-so reviews online.
In this case I would wait :)

A good day out today with the new X Pro 2. I started with the 23mm f/1.4 and I found I was enjoying that so much I hardly used the 35mm f/2 which I took out as well. Lovely image quality from this combination. I took about 60 images with it, here's the first. Don't worry I wont be posting all of them. In fact, let me know if you want to see any more, otherwise I'll leave it at that. Anyway, this is Acros + red filter, ISO 400, 1/1000 sec, f/8. It's the Transporter bridge at Middlesbrough and I've done virtually nothing to the image, slightly cropped and a little bit of contrast, otherwise just RAW converted to JPEG:

25599801506_f5d714f2f9_b.jpg

A good day out today with the new X Pro 2. I started with the 23mm f/1.4 and I found I was enjoying that so much I hardly used the 35mm f/2 which I took out as well. Lovely image quality from this combination. I took about 60 images with it, here's the first. Don't worry I wont be posting all of them. In fact, let me know if you want to see any more, otherwise I'll leave it at that. Anyway, this is Acros + red filter, ISO 400, 1/1000 sec, f/8. It's the Transporter bridge at Middlesbrough and I've done virtually nothing to the image, slightly cropped and a little bit of contrast, otherwise just RAW converted to JPEG:

25599801506_f5d714f2f9_b.jpg
I want to see more

Back