Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Never going to happen, but in body stabilisation would immediately get me ordering, but a bit quicker af, two card slots and a larger sensor isn't that tempting.

The quicker AF and dual card slot was what got me...

Very nice, sharp and wonderful contrast :)

Starting to get an idea of how to work with the RAW files from the X-Pro 2 now.

25029184983_39973f8375_c.jpg

It's a cool effect but I'd dial back the HDR a bit, you're getting a very obvious halo effect around the boat in the sky, also a touch too much sharpening IMO.

For many photographers HDR is a bit like 'marmite', you either love it it or hate it. Personally I'm not a fan of it preferring the natural look that the Fuji sensors so accurately manage to record.

For many photographers HDR is a bit like 'marmite', you either love it it or hate it. Personally I'm not a fan of it preferring the natural look that the Fuji sensors so accurately manage to record.
+1 on the above. The "look" of the Fuji sensor is , for me, is the main reason for using Fuji X cameras.

It's a cool effect but I'd dial back the HDR a bit, you're getting a very obvious halo effect around the boat in the sky, also a touch too much sharpening IMO.
I don't know why but comparing the image I posted above with what I see on Photoshop shows noticeable differences. Ther halos aren't there on what I processed on photoshop and the image looks a lot better than it does on here.

Here's one I took today. Definitely not HDR. I only took the 50mm f/2 out with me, this is acros, slight grain, ISO 200, 1/2200 sec at f/2. Looking west along the river Wear at Sunderland with the Wearmouth bridge in the BG:

25648760746_49095b4604_c.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share some initial thoughts and ramblings now I've had the camera for a week. I've not had chance to extensively test it, but have been handling it every day.

> the size is just right for me. A tad wider than the X-T1 but, because of the lack of hump, a bit lower also. Which makes it a cleaner shape. As is the X-En. So it goes in and out of a bag easier

> can't say I notice much weight difference with the T. I no longer have an E so cannot compare

> build quality is absolutely superb. Feels like I imagine a Leica feels, only having briefly handled them. The card door is snug and double-layered for waterproofing. Dials are nicely weighted.

> some of the buttons are a bit too flush with the body, especially the AFL

> the diopter adjuster is too easily knocked. Remedied this by the application of a sliver of duct tape.

> OVF is useful but not for me essential. Most useful when using the 55-200 so I can see whatever I want to shoot coming into range beforehand

> grip is almost big enough but not quite. Awaiting UK stocks of the extra grip, which will also give me an Arca plate. Why couldn't this be in-built?

> bought a second-hand Match Technical Thumbs Up as made for the Pro1. Fits perfectly and gives extra stability. It makes selecting ISO a little more awkward, but not unduly so

> actually seeing the ISO in the wee window can be difficult especially the higher speeds, when the point size of the lettering is smaller due to the increased digits

> operating speed is noticeably quicker than the T1, even though I only have it on "standard" performance mode

> battery life actually seems better than the T1, but that's just anecdotally as I've not made enough shots to confirm or deny this

> image quality is great. Cannot say why or how, but it just "looks" better. And obviously it gives more latitude for cropping.

> no noise issues so far

> shutter button rocks quite a bit. More noticeable if you fit a button extender, so I've taken it off.

> shutter sound is quite delightful, though not quite as nice as the Olympus E1, which is just like the sound of an angels knickers sliding to the floor ...

> not experienced the problems some have regarding camera resetting itself

> as a spectacle user the viewfinder is good but I would like an extended eye cup to prevent light pollution from the side

It is indeed, finally stopped walking now but had to stop for a pint to rehydrate.
A well earned pint I might add, but in my past experience beer actually makes GAS worse, dude you are an inspiration to us all (y)
Mine will be in my local Calumet shop tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be in Dublin for the six nations so I'll not get it until Monday. I was so looking forward to spending Saturday morning taking street shots of travelling Italian fans with my new toy :(

Just thought I'd share some initial thoughts and ramblings now I've had the camera for a week. I've not had chance to extensively test it, but have been handling it every day.

> the size is just right for me. A tad wider than the X-T1 but, because of the lack of hump, a bit lower also. Which makes it a cleaner shape. As is the X-En. So it goes in and out of a bag easier

> can't say I notice much weight difference with the T. I no longer have an E so cannot compare

> build quality is absolutely superb. Feels like I imagine a Leica feels, only having briefly handled them. The card door is snug and double-layered for waterproofing. Dials are nicely weighted.

> the diopter adjuster is too easily knocked. Remedied this by the application of a sliver of duct tape.

> OVF is useful but not for me essential. Most useful when using the 55-200 so I can see whatever I want to shoot coming into range beforehand

> grip is almost big enough but not quite. Awaiting UK stocks of the extra grip, which will also give me an Arca plate. Why couldn't this be in-built?

> bought a second-hand Match Technical Thumbs Up as made for the Pro1. Fits perfectly and gives extra stability. It makes selecting ISO a little more awkward, but not unduly so

> actually seeing the ISO in the wee window can be difficult especially the higher speeds, when the point size of the lettering is smaller due to the increased digits

> operating speed is noticeably quicker than the T1, even though I only have it on "standard" performance mode

> battery life actually seems better than the T1, but that's just anecdotally as I've not made enough shots to confirm or deny this

> image quality is great. Cannot say why or how, but it just "looks" better. And obviously it gives more latitude for cropping.

> no noise issues so far

> shutter button rocks quite a bit. More noticeable if you fit a button extender, so I've taken it off.

> shutter sound is quite delightful, though not quite as nice as the Olympus E1, which is just like the sound of an angels knickers sliding to the floor ...

> as a spectacle user the viewfinder is good but I would like an extended eye cup to prevent light pollution from the side
LMAO at angels knickers. Glad to hear the MT thumb grip fits the XP2, that'll save me a few bob !

I noticed that too, it rocks a lot more than my X-E2 or X-T10 (or any other camera I've owned). Not worried since I have a 3 year warranty but is strange that it has quite so much movement.

After resetting on day 1 I haven't lost my settings again so I'm hopeful that they will stay now.

Loving the camera, if you are on the fence then go for it :)

> no noise issues so far

Have to agree with almost all of that really, might have a look for a Thumbs Up actually, agree on the Grip, I actually have one of the Extra Grips (seem to have got the only one just about!) and it makes it much more comfortable, especially with a larger prime like the 16mm.

What lenses are we all using then? I've currently just the 16 f1.4 and 35 f2 but looking to add a couple, I think for now the 16mm is wide enough for me, I rarely went wider than 24mm on full frame but I might add either the 12mm Samyang or a 10-24 at some point.

Tempted to pickup the 23mm f1.4 lens as I've always like a 35mm lens, what would effectively be 24,35 & 50 mm covered off with fast primes should be a great travel kit, in the short term I'd also like to add some length, ideally I'd buy the 50-140 but I've half an eye on the much cheaper 55-200 for now which seems to get really good reviews as well.

Longer term I can see myself picking up a 16-55 as sometimes when I'm out specifically togging the extra flexibility of the zoom is very handy, that and having used one before I know the IQ is brilliant!, committing to full on Fuji though, the 24mp sensor is delivering IQ that is sufficient for me not to be carrying around a full frame DSLR, although the true test will come in a few weeks when I go on holiday, I'm looking forward to the X-Pro 2 and 2-3 primes in my Hadley Pro instead of lugging the D750, 18-35, 24-70 and 70-300!!!!

What lenses are we all using then? I've currently just the 16 f1.4 and 35 f2 but looking to add a couple, I think for now the 16mm is wide enough for me, I rarely went wider than 24mm on full frame but I might add either the 12mm Samyang or a 10-24 at some point.

Tempted to pickup the 23mm f1.4 lens as I've always like a 35mm lens, what would effectively be 24,35 & 50 mm covered off with fast primes should be a great travel kit, in the short term I'd also like to add some length, ideally I'd buy the 50-140 but I've half an eye on the much cheaper 55-200 for now which seems to get really good reviews as well.

Longer term I can see myself picking up a 16-55 as sometimes when I'm out specifically togging the extra flexibility of the zoom is very handy, that and having used one before I know the IQ is brilliant!, committing to full on Fuji though, the 24mp sensor is delivering IQ that is sufficient for me not to be carrying around a full frame DSLR, although the true test will come in a few weeks when I go on holiday, I'm looking forward to the X-Pro 2 and 2-3 primes in my Hadley Pro instead of lugging the D750, 18-35, 24-70 and 70-300!!!!

So when you get back from your hols Ill have a look in the classified. Couldve 'lugged' the D750 with G primes ;)

The 23 is amazing imo.

Last edited:
So when you get back from your hols Ill have a look in the classified. Couldve 'lugged' the D750 with G primes ;)

The 23 is amazing imo.

Nope.. I'm never ruling out another FF Nikon, if I had the money of course I'd have both!!! Its funny I was never totally sold on the 23mm when I tried it before but want to try it again!!!

Nope.. I'm never ruling out another FF Nikon, if I had the money of course I'd have both!!! Its funny I was never totally sold on the 23mm when I tried it before but want to try it again!!!

Yeah, only minor things holding me back from the XP2 is Id probably prefer the XT2 and because of the price, I struggle to see value in a £1350 APSC mirrorless body especially at the rate they depreciate.

Depreciation is nothing to worry about! I'm confident I took £400 worth of shots yesterday afternoon so I should be even so far :-o

New strap just turned up :)

Attachments

• 1457694931436.jpg
    1457694931436.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 1457694957402.jpg
    1457694957402.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 35
Ooh very nice

Attachments

• 1457695143194.jpg
    1457695143194.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 25
Tr the 60mm, if you don't mind f2.4. Focusses quite well on the Pro2 and is stunningly sharp. Light and compact, too. And cheap.

My lens line up is:

18,23,27,35(1.4),56,90 &
10-24,16-50,55-200

Spot the odd one out!

Damn, I thought you had more lenses than me, but that's not true!!

I have

Primes:- Samyang 8mm, XF14, XF23, XF35(1.4), XF56, XF60, XF90
Zooms:- XF18-55, XF18-135, XC50-230
And both 11 and 16 extension rings.

Damn, I thought you had more lenses than me, but that's not true!!

I have

Primes:- Samyang 8mm, XF14, XF23, XF35(1.4), XF56, XF60, XF90
Zooms:- XF18-55, XF18-135, XC50-230
And both 11 and 16 extension rings.

I've got two of the 27's and the 11mm extension if that puts me back up in your expectations!

I wasn't using the 8mm or 14mm after getting the 10-24 so they had to go.

Back