Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Thinking of getting one of these, looks like a handy bit of kit, and easy to use across a few cameras

LINKY

Thinking of getting one of these, looks like a handy bit of kit, and easy to use across a few cameras

LINKY

Looks like it will do the job, I'm going to hold off and hope that a 3rd party tailor made L-plate appears at a reasonable price. Hopefully one like I used on the X-T1 without any unnecessary bulk added to the front.

In fact I should really get around to selling this one, @twist want to help out with the 16mm fund? :D
DSCF0051.JPG

LINKY

Surely one of the big advantages of an Arca style grip is that you don''t phaff about changing it from body to body, just buy one for each body that you own (that's what I did), then it's easy to quickly swap bodies on tripod(s)

(BTW adjustability might be nice, but does it affect rigidity???)

Surely one of the big advantages of an Arca style grip is that you don''t phaff about changing it from body to body, just buy one for each body that you own (that's what I did), then it's easy to quickly swap bodies on tripod(s)

(BTW adjustability might be nice, but does it affect rigidity???)

I only fit one when I have the tripod with me, if I don't then I have it in a leather half case. ;)

To me, the F1.4 shots have better colour, or maybe it's just the subject ? The last shot seems to be suffering from the overblown reds I've read about in some XPro2 reviews ?

Think any differences in colour are down to subject and any tweaks I've made in lightroom. I was only shooting jpeg and these were in Velvia sim, considering it was velvia the reds in the original jpeg are not as bad as my edit on Flickr.
100% crop-
DSCF0341.jpg
Camera​
X-Pro2​
Focal Length​
35mm​
Aperture​
f/8​
Exposure​
1/900s​
ISO​
200​

Just received a pack of Fuji screen protectors & they are a good half an inch too short (in the width) has anyone experienced this & does anyone know what screen protectors fit the X-Pro2 perfectly?

Received the grip yesterday & I must say it is a great add on. The camera feels more secure with it on & the added swiss arca plate feature is great for my tripod needs.

Received the grip yesterday & I must say it is a great add on. The camera feels more secure with it on & the added swiss arca plate feature is great for my tripod needs.
Did you go for the Fuji grip or another ?

No buyers remorse, which is always a good sign especially at the price point.
Much prefer the RF style over the X-T1 but I had already realised that when I switched back to the X-Pro1. And coming from the X-Pro1 to the 2 obviously makes the improvements that much more noticeable. Can't see me changing anytime soon (apart from lenses obviously, always need new lenses:oops: :$)

That 16mm looks quite nice......:whistle:

I'm the same, haven't regretted the cost a bit which is lucky! Still have a bit of lens dilemma and weighing up a cheap 2nd X-Body (XE2) which I think would give me more confidence to just go with the primes.... oh and the 16mm is a great lens!

The X-E2 is a fantastic buy now after the latest firmware update. I actually considered just using two of those after selling my X-T1's. But I'm happy to use the X-E2 as a second to the Pro2.
I've sold my 18mm now so after I sell the 35 I'll be looking to get the 16 to replace it. If anyone spots a bargain just let me know, oos at the refurb shop at the moment.

The X-E2 is a fantastic buy now after the latest firmware update. I actually considered just using two of those after selling my X-T1's. But I'm happy to use the X-E2 as a second to the Pro2.
I've sold my 18mm now so after I sell the 35 I'll be looking to get the 16 to replace it. If anyone spots a bargain just let me know, oos at the refurb shop at the moment.

Yeah used 16mm lenses seem few and far between, I take that as a good sign though!

Just ordered a 16-55mm and a Fuji grip, hoping they'll be here for Easter, but probably not :(

Well I think the 16-55 is getting a reprieve, I took it with me today while I was out doing some long exposure coastal shots and the flexibility of the zoom and the WR makes it a winner for me I think, I won't use it all the time, it is a hefty bit of glass but when I'm out landscape with the tripod, filters, etc the size doesn't matter too much.

Got soaked twice today, did a bit of a trek starting at St Monans in Fife and ending at Belhaven Bay near Dunbar (almost exactly opposite St Monans...) heres one of the first shots I've looked at though, this is the harbour breakwater at St Monans, this was a nightmare, I only got a about 2 shots that weren't covered in rain spots with the weather!

St Monans Harbour Breakwater, Fife (B&W) by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Lovely shot there Chris!

Took both our X-Pro 2's out today (bought one for the missus as well) and still staggered by just how responsive it is, it's not just fast for a Fuji it is just blooming fast for any camera. Mostly shooting with the XF35 F2 and had a good chance to use continuous AF with high-speed continuous shooting and was very impressed, 95%+ success rate.

It's hard to quantify what makes it quite so special but it's just plain addictive to use. I took my Leica Q along as well and took 20 shots with it vs over 200 with the XP2 :) I can feel the Q may get sold and replaced with the XF16mm (with the change put towards some travelling).

My 16-55 arrived yesterday. It's an amazingly well put together lens, it is a beast, but it handles well on my xp2. I've a Fuji grip arriving Tuesday so I think this will make it handle even better. Unfortunately I can't get out with it today as I'm up to my ears with diy at my sons new house :(

Well I think the 16-55 is getting a reprieve, I took it with me today while I was out doing some long exposure coastal shots and the flexibility of the zoom and the WR makes it a winner for me I think, I won't use it all the time, it is a hefty bit of glass but when I'm out landscape with the tripod, filters, etc the size doesn't matter too much.

Got soaked twice today, did a bit of a trek starting at St Monans in Fife and ending at Belhaven Bay near Dunbar (almost exactly opposite St Monans...) heres one of the first shots I've looked at though, this is the harbour breakwater at St Monans, this was a nightmare, I only got a about 2 shots that weren't covered in rain spots with the weather!

Cracking shot Chris [emoji106][emoji106]

The XP2 resolution really shows and I love the look it gives. Will get one later on in the year [emoji3]

Great shot Chris, good lead in, nice full range of tones, and the water not too blurry. Slight tilt on the horizon but other than that "Very Nice".(y)

George.

Great capture. Really like it in B&W

Lovely shot there Chris!

Took both our X-Pro 2's out today (bought one for the missus as well) and still staggered by just how responsive it is, it's not just fast for a Fuji it is just blooming fast for any camera. Mostly shooting with the XF35 F2 and had a good chance to use continuous AF with high-speed continuous shooting and was very impressed, 95%+ success rate.

It's hard to quantify what makes it quite so special but it's just plain addictive to use. I took my Leica Q along as well and took 20 shots with it vs over 200 with the XP2 :) I can feel the Q may get sold and replaced with the XF16mm (with the change put towards some travelling).

I know what you mean, I'm loving shooting with mine and the speed is brilliant v the older X-series.. did miss the tilting screen though... roll on the XT2!

My 16-55 arrived yesterday. It's an amazingly well put together lens, it is a beast, but it handles well on my xp2. I've a Fuji grip arriving Tuesday so I think this will make it handle even better. Unfortunately I can't get out with it today as I'm up to my ears with diy at my sons new house :(

Its a cracker of a lens, just a little heavy on the XP2 body (better suited to XT1) but its worth it I think!

Nice shot @chrism_scotland but needs straightening :)

Drat, I tried to make sure it was straight!

Cracking shot Chris [emoji106][emoji106]

The XP2 resolution really shows and I love the look it gives. Will get one later on in the year [emoji3]

Thanks Gregg, I'm really delighted with how well the sensor works, theres still a bit of the "muddiness" that I noticed with the older bodies but that might be down to Adobe Camera RAW, I really need to re-try Irident and Photo Ninja again.

Great shot Chris, good lead in, nice full range of tones, and the water not too blurry. Slight tilt on the horizon but other than that "Very Nice".(y)

George.

Thanks George!

Great capture. Really like it in B&W

Cheers mate!!

Back