Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

In a moment of madness, after half a bottle of red, I bought a Konica film camera with a Hexanon f1.4 57mm lens attached. Much cheaper than the unattached lenses are fetching. Anyone used one of these on the X-Pro2 (or any other Fuji) with a degree of success?

Just started using the latest LR and PS versions with the X-Pro2. They seem to handle the files better than the previous versions that I was using and now the .Raf files (RAW images) can be taken straight into LR rather than going through silkypix first. Here's my first processed image done with the new software:

26483413752_ff328c0b11_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently on holiday in Lanzarote and had a nice wander around Teguise this morning with my X pro 2. Bit of an overcast morning but I've enjoyed using it for the first time in earnest. I only brought my iPad with me and unfortunately the Fuji app is being a b@stard and only lets me upload certain shots ? Anyway here's a few I've managed to get on my iPad., holiday snaps for sure, I can't wait to see what they look,like on y MacBook Pro retina.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
These all look very low res, not sure why ? It might be the price of alcohol here o_O

iirc you can set whether or not it reduces the rez for phone transfers in the camera settings

Has anyone bought the Fuji X pro 2 handgrip ? I bought one from WEX 23rd March, when I got it the plastic grip felt a bit wobbly, not as well made as the one I have for my XT1. I thought no more about it until I was on holiday last week, I was walking around taking some shots and I noticed something small falling from my camera. It was one of the two screws holding the plastic grip to the base, the other one was also missing ! I can't believe its falling apart in less than 5 weeks. I'm going to call WEX tomorrow and see what they'll do about it. Not impressed !

Has anyone bought the Fuji X pro 2 handgrip ? I bought one from WEX 23rd March, when I got it the plastic grip felt a bit wobbly, not as well made as the one I have for my XT1. I thought no more about it until I was on holiday last week, I was walking around taking some shots and I noticed something small falling from my camera. It was one of the two screws holding the plastic grip to the base, the other one was also missing ! I can't believe its falling apart in less than 5 weeks. I'm going to call WEX tomorrow and see what they'll do about it. Not impressed !

I'm sure you will have no problem from such a big retailer.

I'm sure you will have no problem from such a big retailer.
You'd think so but I called today and was bounced back and forth between Wex and Fuji, Fuji don't have them in stock but Wex do, but they won't send me one unless Fuji email them authorisation. In the meantime Fuji want photos of the (sic) missing screws ? I'm not impressed with either the build quality (5 weeks it's lasted) or customer service from both parties.

Last edited:

Admittedly mines not been off the camera but it seemed well enough built, seems strange that such a simple thing can break so quickly!

It didn't break as such, it seems the two little screws have managed to work their way loose and fall out. To me they seem to be very undersized look to be around 1mm which screw into an angle bracket inside the plastic grip. No sign of threadlock in the bracket. Not the most robust design I've ever seen.

I'm finding the X pro 2 files are taking an absolute age to import into Lightroom 6. It was slow before but now its ridiculous. I'm using a macbook pro retina with 2.6Ghz Quad core, 16Gb ram and 512Gb SSD, it's not a slow machine but it really seems to struggle at the moment. Anyone else experiencing this ?

I'm finding the X pro 2 files are taking an absolute age to import into Lightroom 6. It was slow before but now its ridiculous. I'm using a macbook pro retina with 2.6Ghz Quad core, 16Gb ram and 512Gb SSD, it's not a slow machine but it really seems to struggle at the moment. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Theres a big difference between Fuji X trans and all the other (bayer) cameras Ive used (with even more MP), so I can imagine a 24MP Fuji file being even more annoying.

A question for the XPro2 owners. I currrently shoot with a D800, mostly just portraits but the odd landscape when I am out and about. If I hired an XPro2 as a trial to see if I could swap to that in future, what are the standout lenses to try it with for candid portraits? From the options I see to hire, the 56mm f/1.2 and the 16-55 f/2.8 seem the obvious choice but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts.

A question for the XPro2 owners. I currrently shoot with a D800, mostly just portraits but the odd landscape when I am out and about. If I hired an XPro2 as a trial to see if I could swap to that in future, what are the standout lenses to try it with for candid portraits? From the options I see to hire, the 56mm f/1.2 and the 16-55 f/2.8 seem the obvious choice but wondered if anyone had any other thoughts.

Do you shoot mostly wide open or not? Prefer primes or zooms?

Thanks, will see what I can get from those!

The primes are exceptional, I've used the 16, 23 and both 35mm's great glass, also worth mentioning how good the 16-55 is too though stellar lens, i already miss the one I just sold!!!

The primes are exceptional, I've used the 16, 23 and both 35mm's great glass, also worth mentioning how good the 16-55 is too though stellar lens, i already miss the one I just sold!!!
Cheers, Chris! You don't fancy a kit swap for a week do you?

Back