Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

Good timing to get the subject in this position.

Thank you, I just had to wait around a bit... people kept arriving but then walking the other way round the fountain, then eventually this lady turned up

https://flic.kr/p/26Kik7r]
41840466905_a3a53375f5_k.jpg
[/url]Not Afraid of the Rain by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

I think the rain might of stopped today...

The chap in this photo will be happy :)

X-Pro2 with Cosmogon 58mm f2 lens @f5.6, uncropped.

Honeysuckle by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

I've recently bought a Vivitar (Komine) 55 f2.8 macro - I had one of these in the 70s on my veritable Canon TLb and not only was it a superb 1:1 macro, it also was a lovely 55mm prime. So, we'll see if I can make good use of it with my X-Pro1 and X-T2. Heritage lenses are good value - this one cost me just £30 which is amazing considering that the AIS to Fuji X adaptor cost almost as much!!

I've recently bought a Vivitar (Komine) 55 f2.8 macro - I had one of these in the 70s on my veritable Canon TLb and not only was it a superb 1:1 macro, it also was a lovely 55mm prime. So, we'll see if I can make good use of it with my X-Pro1 and X-T2. Heritage lenses are good value - this one cost me just £30 which is amazing considering that the AIS to Fuji X adaptor cost almost as much!!
That Cosmogon is a flaming heavy piece of glass and brass though! I fear for my toes should I drop it.

Nice gritty look to this photo, struck fear in my heart though.
Just been on the TAP website checking flights from London City out to Lisbon and back from Porto.

Hills are not our thing having lived mostly in London and more recently Cambridgeshire, flattest place in the world.
It will be worth it though I'm sure, reckon we will let the tram take the strain

Nice gritty look to this photo, struck fear in my heart though.
Just been on the TAP website checking flights from London City out to Lisbon and back from Porto.

Hills are not our thing having lived mostly in London and more recently Cambridgeshire, flattest place in the world.
It will be worth it though I'm sure, reckon we will let the tram take the strain

Porto is neither flat nor smooth...

If you’re in town and want to meet up feel free to drop me a line

Porto is neither flat nor smooth...

If you’re in town and want to meet up feel free to drop me a line

Thanks for the offer Adam, few or a lot of hills won't put us off, be nice to see something higher than a speed bump
Hoping to fly to Lisbon for two or three days then train to Porto for another few days before flying home.

Installed the new firmware. Phase detect in the dark definitely works better. I wouldn’t say I’m likely to use it but it’s nice to know that I can rely on the camera a little more now if conditions require it.

I could be talking out my rear and it may be a placebo effect going on.. who knows.

I don’t think this is much of a firmware upgrade, more so a slight addition to an already rounded out system.

Last edited:
Installed the new firmware. Phase detect in the dark definitely works better. I wouldn’t say I’m likely to use it but it’s nice to know that I can rely on the camera a little more now if conditions require it.

I could be talking out my rear and it may be a placebo effect going on.. who knows.

I don’t think this is much of a firmware upgrade, more so a slight addition to an already rounded out system.

Good to know about the phase detection, finding the enlarged lcd data quite handy.
Can use the viewfinder without glasses, but need them for the lcd, not anymore with the bigger characters

Good to know about the phase detection, finding the enlarged lcd data quite handy.
Can use the viewfinder without glasses, but need them for the lcd, not anymore with the bigger characters
That’s not something I’ve come to need as my sight is still bang on *touch wood*. Accessibility features like this are one of the many things I love about Fuji as it’s clear they do care about their customer base.

What kinda money would a good condition XP2 body sell for me wonders ?

Reckon on here about £700, that's what I would want if my one was for sale.
No replacement as yet so prices should stay fairly stable

Thought some of you here might enjoy this:

Nice to see someone re-review an older model with all the hype over shiney new ones going on

Thought some of you here might enjoy this:

Nice to see someone re-review an older model with all the hype over shiney new ones going on

Got about half way through this earlier before being interrupted. Great camera. And 2 card slots! :woot:

Got about half way through this earlier before being interrupted. Great camera. And 2 card slots! :woot:

He has a way with words this guy, at the 8min mark he makes some great points about cropping, pixel peeping and viewing images technically vs artistically. It could be used in multiple arguments on this forum :D

everyone on the Fuji X-T thread is posting autumn colour just now and I'm doing my usual rounds as well. One of them is this one taken with the 50-140. I suspect most people won't like it but the thin layer of red leaves caught in the sun sandwiched between front and rear defocussed areas attracted my attention. more than the others I took. Wonder if anyone agrees or would you all just delete it?

XPR29518.jpg

Last edited:
Back