Official Fuji X-Pro 2 thread

I really want that 56 1.2! It'll have to wait a while though, would also love the 16 1.4, not sure which I'd actually choose first

not seen many from the APD. I see what all the fuss about the bokeh is now! I have to say I've now abandoned my X-Pro and Fuji system for the Nikon Z6 after a lot of tests and heart-searching but it wouldn't surprise me if I return in some shape or form. The Fuji 90mm in particular will be hard to replace.

the evf is a real killer for me. i hope the x-pro 3 has a much larger evf with better eye relief.

I'd prefer if they done away with the OVF side of it and just ramped up the res on the EVF

same here, it clicks on and off too often when im using it in portrait orientation. not many other complaints though tbh. built really well, and the buttons lay out is superb.
if they are going to use that xt3 sensor i guess it needs to be released this year.

I liked the OVF of the X-Pro2 -- at least in theory! I found that, quite apart from being able to see what was coming into the frame, it was helpful for a quick overview of a scene for selecting a telephoto crop. Also the small EVF corner within the OVF could give you the best of both worlds. Any yet I didn't make use of the features as much as I could have done for some reason and I might have just been happier with a better EVF like in the X-T3/H1. I was in the end split between moving up to one of these cameras or diving back to Nikon, last seen with a D700. It was a close call but for landscape and low light, the bigger sensor edged it in the end.

Then it becomes an X-E3!! The OVF is one of the USP of the Pro series.

I only had the xpro1 but found it redundant, even short lenses covered half of your view so I only ever used the evf. The V2 might be a lot better as suggested above but I'm much more tuned to an evf now. I prefer to see what I'm going to get not guesstimate. Surely there's more to a pro2 over an xe3 bar this?

I only had the xpro1 but found it redundant, even short lenses covered half of your view so I only ever used the evf. The V2 might be a lot better as suggested above but I'm much more tuned to an evf now. I prefer to see what I'm going to get not guesstimate. Surely there's more to a pro2 over an xe3 bar this?
The difference in build quality between the two is like night and day.

The difference in build quality between the two is like night and day.

Do you think they might add a tilt LCD to a pro 3? It's one of the main things I preferred about the xt1, that and I tend to prefer centred evf

I must say that graphite pro2 you have is a looker though

Do you think they might add a tilt LCD to a pro 3? It's one of the main things I preferred about the xt1, that and I tend to prefer centred evf

its seems to be the way they are going. although the lack of flippy screen does give a sense and feeling of the camera being more of a solid build.

Last edited:
its seems to be the way they are going. although the lack of flippy screen does give a sense and feeling of the camera being more of a solid build.

Oh Gawd no, not a flippy out screen, just a simple tilt up and down would be much more suitable for the pro. They could make the LCD thinner to keep the overall form factor the same. That and a better evf and I guess the sensor and AF system from the T3 is what most would want I imagine. Though others would argue they preferred the look of the pro1 files, it definitely had it's own unique character, it produced very different files to my XT1 I remember. They were warmer/richer and for whatever reason sightly cleaner at higher ISO

Last edited:
Oh Gawd no, not a flippy out screen, just a simple tilt up and down would be much more suitable for the pro. They could make the LCD thinner to keep the overall form factor the same. That and a better evf and I guess the sensor and AF system from the T3 is what most would want I imagine. Though others would argue they preferred the look of the pro1 files, it definitely had it's own unique character, it produced very different files to my XT1 I remember. They were warmer/richer and for whatever reason sightly cleaner at higher ISO

thats what i meant. the current xh1/t2/t3 versions work great.

thats what i meant. the current xh1/t2/t3 versions work great.

I thought you took me to mean the 'fully articulated acreen' [I still don't get that description, as it is not fully articulating by any means, doesn't swivel up or downward without being flipped out.

Even the XT type will add a little thickness to it though, I'd prefer to have it but long term xpro users might not

The GFX 50R is a range finder style and has a tilting screen so here’s hoping :)

Another beauty! Treasure her being that age! I tried a few shots earlier to get used to the XH1, but my daughter is 11, and that is the amount of seconds she stayed interested for :D

Thank you.

Don't be fooled into thinking that she stands and poses on demand. I've become an expert in negotiations and, well, quite good at bribery. :)
I manage to get a few moments before we move onto the next spot. I'm having to work harder for the shots as the focus doesn't get there anywhere near the speed of the a9, but the proces is fun.

She is growing up fast and I'm so glad I have photography to be able to document these early years.

Looking at pulling the trigger on an XP2, but I see that there’s speculation that an XP3 is likely to appear around October.

I’m not so worried about getting the latest and greatest. It’s more about not paying over the odds for an XP2 if prices are going to take a tumble later this year.

I see Fuji Refurb store is doing XP2 at £949.

Just can’t make up my mind whether to pull the trigger now or wait until the autumn.

Looking at pulling the trigger on an XP2, but I see that there’s speculation that an XP3 is likely to appear around October.

I’m not so worried about getting the latest and greatest. It’s more about not paying over the odds for an XP2 if prices are going to take a tumble later this year.

I see Fuji Refurb store is doing XP2 at £949.

Just can’t make up my mind whether to pull the trigger now or wait until the autumn.

yeah i'd expect the pro 3 to launch Autumn this year. i think it'll be made in Japan and command a higher price tag than the xt3.

Personally, I'd wait. I bought an X-T2 second hand when I thought the used price had levelled out after the T3 went on sale, but the T2 price tumbled further - you're now lucky to get £500 for one. I've given up on all this chasing the latest and greatest.

Buy Jonathan’s at a good price and see if the rangefinder style is for you. If so, buy the XP3 and keep the XP2 as a 2nd body. That’s my plan, my XP2 is my all time favourite camera.

Buy Jonathan’s at a good price and see if the rangefinder style is for you. If so, buy the XP3 and keep the XP2 as a 2nd body. That’s my plan, my XP2 is my all time favourite camera.

I already have an X-E2s so I’m a rangefinder aficionado. Will probably wait until XP3 arrives and snap up an XP2 when prices tumble.

A steal that is, really puzzled as to why nobody has snapped it up. Prices on the XP2 are not going to fall to anywhere close to that for a long time yet.

Back