OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

Thanks Nick. Will be posting some pics later.

Cheers,
Mart

A little toy to be playing with:

xd7002.jpg

Need to decide on what to replace the leather with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, presumably you've previously checked out cameraleather.com?

Here's today's arrival, a Canon Sure Shot A-1:

IMG_0443.jpg

Going off to sunnier climes for Christmas and fancied a waterproof camera to take with me. It's in virtually mint condition with an unused strap/case and original instruction booklet. Tested it out in the sink and it looks good to go.

[Apologies for the quick iPhone snap, talk about saturated!]

Crikey that's colourful!

There are some very nice but also very pricey options on cameraleather.com, but my preferred alternative requires me to buy a rather large sheet which costs £55. It would cover many, many cameras though. I'll have to think about it.

I got this off ebay for 30 quid.
Wish I'd got one when they were new as it's got all I need for a film camera.
It can be set in aperture priority, or fully manual, and has exposure lock.
I had some prints back from it, and they look very sharp, and the negs look nicely exposed so I'm putting some Elite Chrome in for the next film change.

ATB
Garry

X300 by gvp1, on Flickr

Nice, presumably you've previously checked out cameraleather.com?

Here's today's arrival, a Canon Sure Shot A-1:

IMG_0443.jpg

Going off to sunnier climes for Christmas and fancied a waterproof camera to take with me. It's in virtually mint condition with an unused strap/case and original instruction booklet. Tested it out in the sink and it looks good to go.

[Apologies for the quick iPhone snap, talk about saturated!]

I used to have one of theses,took it around the world a few times,and it never let me down,and it got some stick,and lovely photos as well :)

I used to have one of theses,took it around the world a few times,and it never let me down,and it got some stick,and lovely photos as well :)

It's a Sureshot Sleek in a different housing. I've got the Sleek, and it takes very good pictures. I like the 32mm focal length as well.

No picture yet, but Parcelforce have just dropped off my new-to-me Mamiya-Sekor C 65mm f/4.5 :D

It's a Sureshot Sleek in a different housing. I've got the Sleek, and it takes very good pictures. I like the 32mm focal length as well.

It's also known as the Prima AS-1 in Europe, the Autoboy D5 in Japan and I think it was the Sure Shot WP-1 in the states which came with a red grip instead of grey.

Glad to hear the optics are up to scratch, the shots I saw on flickr with it all looked pretty good.

Rolleinar 1! I want to take some portraits on the Rolleiflex. Now to find people to take portraits of...

I won't bother with a picture as we all know what it looks like but I have received one of the Ilford special offer Holga's from SWMBO for Xmas.

Andy

Just got my Wacom Bamboo touch and pen tablet, just can't wait for kids to go to bed to watch the tutorial :)

Hmmmm, I suggest more water with it sir :D

Certainly diluting it might help with the navigation of forum sections, now is this a 35mm or medium format tablet? :LOL:

My sincere apologies, I searched new toy thread and ended up here, it does have similar colours as my EOS600 if that helps :D
I'll get my coat and again, sorry,
Best wishes
Cliff

just got myself a canon 100mm f2.0 . I guess I'll stick around with the canons after-all . really wanted to get the pentax k5 before the cashback ends but guess I'll just get myself some nice canon primes.

I only wish that 135mm future looked a bit brighter :(

and still haven't installed my plustek scanner to have my shots as the external crappy china cdrom broke. 2:1 I'm loosing in - buy cheap, buy twice battle :(

I brought an old classic Nikon lens over christmas,an 35-70mm F2.8 its in lovely con.

Looking forward to giving it a spin :)

Two for me, A rather nice Yashica MAT 124g complete with leather case, lens hood and even the UV filter.
Plus a Horizon Kompakt for some fun

A rather nice Yashica MAT 124g complete with leather case

I have one of those and they are great BUT word of warning regarding the case, just be careful if your using the camera with case and a strap. The case is meant to hold the camera in by two metal sliders. They were carp on mine and the camera fell out while I was walking. So now I don't use the Yashica case.

I have one of those and they are great BUT word of warning regarding the case, just be careful if your using the camera with case and a strap. The case is meant to hold the camera in by two metal sliders. They were carp on mine and the camera fell out while I was walking. So now I don't use the Yashica case.

As with most TLR never-ready cases and straps, they are completely impractical and are only nice to have as a set. The cases need taking off every 12 shots, and the straps can dry out, weaken and then split. It's not keeping with the vintage of the camera at all, but when I shoot with any TLR it goes in a modern Lowepro case and the strap is a modern Op/Tech neoprene strap.

Thanks for that link freecom, made me laugh reading some of those comments!

Last edited:
Certainly fun to use!

Looking forward to the arrival of the remaining bits of kit now then it's time to get developing!

Awww first camera in the article is a Pentax MX, my current fave :( Massive hipster.

[pedantic] It's a Pentax ME actually! Lucky that, because I too have an MX as my main 35mm shooter and I would've become a hipster for sure (y)

Back