OFFICIAL I HAVE A NEW (FILM RELATED) TOY THREAD!!

I'm off to Amsterdam next week and was trying to decide which medium speed film to take with me in case of sunshine. My local supplier for fp4 is out of stock so I've gone for some Acros 100. I've never used it before so I am both nervous and excited! I ordered some xtol to develop it in as that combination looks like a winner!

Very nice little camera, I've had the B, the C and the CL as well as a Vitoret and they all take really nice contrasty shots.

Welcome aboard by the way, especially to the F & C section. We are the friendliest bit of the forum but we are quite musty smelling due to age.:LOL:

Looking forward to seeing the results, which version is it by the way?

Andy

It's a CL, I think an early one as the meter is on the far right of the top piece and there is no needle in the viewfinder.

My local camera shop can develop and scan to CD for £3.99, which I think is very reasonable (I intend to shoot B&W and have ordered a C41 process B&W film).

Longer term I plan to get a changing bag and tank and try developing myself, then scanning onto the computer. I am hoping it will bring the developing cost per film down a bit from £4 :)

I'm off to Amsterdam next week and was trying to decide which medium speed film to take with me in case of sunshine. My local supplier for fp4 is out of stock so I've gone for some Acros 100. I've never used it before so I am both nervous and excited! I ordered some xtol to develop it in as that combination looks like a winner!

Acros + Xtol is awesome. (y)

I just had a Fuji 250mm delivered and it was posted on Monday, arrived at Heathrow on Tuesday and arrived with a £40 bill :crying: today. Luckily the lens only cost £150 (inc shipping) and even including the Duty etc it is still a great deal.

The 6.3 or the 6.7 ? if its the latter I will have to go and cry in the corner :crying:

The 6.3 or the 6.7 ? if its the latter I will have to go and cry in the corner :crying:

You're okay, it was the 6.3 which is fine for me as I only go up to 5x7. It is in fantastic condition though and being a Copal 1 makes it all the better.

The Fuji's are great lenses I just have the 210 with the inside lettering and keep hoping to get the 250mm f6.7 one day.

Well now, a bit of good fortune today. A chap at work mentioned last week that he had a few bits of dev kit that he didn't want and would I like it. Expecting a few trays, maybe a Paterson tank or some squidgee tongs I said 'go on then'. So today I met him for an exchange on the car park and he pulled out a holdall with this in.......

Paterson-Dev-Kit by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Well you could have knocked me down with the proverbial. A Paterson orbital colour print processor for sheet film (not much use to me tbh, yet) and the Paterson colour darkroomwith pretty much everything included from the original kit except the chemicals. No bloody idea how to use it or where I'm going to put it but I will find a way.

He even let me keep the holdall which also looked minty just like all of this. :D

Andy

Looks like a nice little setup Andy

Yes in very nice nick, only does 35mm but it will be good to practice on.

On my way to consistent and exact results from my shooting with this badboy. Jobo CPE2 with lift with all the bottles/ holders and a few thermometers. £111 delivered. Just need to grab a film drum asap. Looking forward to summer!

photo.jpg

On my way to consistent and exact results from my shooting with this badboy. Jobo CPE2 with lift with all the bottles/ holders and a few thermometers. £111 delivered. Just need to grab a film drum asap. Looking forward to summer!

photo.jpg

:clap: congrats! been looking for a CPE2 with lift my self but only seen them go for £200+

About 150 sheets of Ilford multigrade 16x12 inch paper, 100 of which are gorgeous matte fibre based.

About 200 Sheets of grade 4 paper in A4 size

Working at a charity shop is pretty sweet.
Super-Takumar 105mm F2.8 with caps, hood and Hoya Skylight filter in case, all genuine for a small fee.
'Canon close up lens 250D' My manager gave it to me saying she was going to throw it out but 'Canon' sounded 'photographic' so she though I can find use for it. It's useless to me but I was astonished about how much it's worth. Will be for sale soon.

It hasn't arrived yet but I've just bought a Zenit E, which will be my first film SLR! Seller's dubious pic:

$T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihq!IBRqGgoBFRQ~~60_12.JPG

Zorki 4K with Jupiter 8-50 f2, delivery on Thursday/Friday.

*rubs hands together*

Wheni said X-ray viewer, I didn't realise it was able to hold 4 full x rays. Anyone want to lend me a 10x8 camera so I can shoot some slide to display on it? :love:

Wow, I am looking for a light box but possibly something a little smaller :)

Kinda might have just coerced PMN into buying a RB67...

:nuts:

He's pure evil that Hooley......

He made me buy a Fuji GW690...and me a poor orphan child/urchin as well.:crying:

He can have the contents of my wallet as compensation, some fluff, a bus ticket and half a pack of chewing gum, will that do?

Last edited:
Looking good Alf. They are capable of great results. Used mine using hyperfocal distance settings. Tripod mounted and f16.

I have used it look HERE and I bought a light meter a week ago and now I am on frame 12 of a colour film.

Just got this fom the Classified on here (cheers Toon29) looking forward to having a play with It this weekend

Another Film Camera! by Alan Dow, on Flickr

That lens should give you sharp pictures, as Russian lenses are popular at the moment.
When I see all the different gear people are buying/using, I think over so many years I must have been in my own little world of just my equipment and never thought of anything else until the last few years. :eek:

Keep them apart, if they breed the offspring could take over the world (of photography).

Shooting in stereo then? :p

That lens should give you sharp pictures, as Russian lenses are popular at the moment.
When I see all the different gear people are buying/using, I think over so many years I must have been in my own little world of just my equipment and never thought of anything else until the last few years. :eek:

I think I've got the bug good and proper now! Starting to have difficulty in choosing which camera to take out! :)

Back