Official Olympic Torch route thread

7275080876_ecdc7f7665_b.jpg

Two nice shots there Alan(y).....looking forward to it coming through Llandudno/Colwyn Bay tomorrow on its journey through North Wales.

Some photos today from Chester:

The torchbearer:
7296592412_5c7b923594_c.jpg

Closeup of the torch:
7296603920_03e333345e_c.jpg

Lighting another torch:
7296616398_f216864fc0_c.jpg

The crowds in Chester after the passing of the torch:
7297222390_8fc6321444_c.jpg

Some really great shots from everyone so far! The atmosphere at the run is amazing, especially considering the actual seeing of the runner lasts only a few seconds, if you get a chance you should definitely go to see it and get some photos (y)

I followed the torch around Shropshire on Wednesday, had a great day, did 5 locations and got a great mix of pictures. My day was topped by meeting the Aunt and cousins of one of the runners in Pant. They were so emotional to see her. Sent them some pictures and they were overwhelmed. Just shows we take pictures....but to others they mean much much more.

1. Rhostyllen nr Wrexham

DSC_6289.JPG

2. Has anybody got a light

DSC_6323.JPG

3. Brimming with pride

DSC_6344.JPG

4. Two Flames

DSC_6366.JPG

5. A shinning light

DSC_6370.JPG

6. Nearly there...

DSC_6443.JPG

A few more

7. A proud Aunty

DSC_6421.JPG

8. In safe hands

DSC_6424.JPG

9. Cressage

DSC_6531.JPG

10. Flagging

DSC_6553.JPG

11. Spot the torch

DSC_6612.JPG

If its coming near you, get your gear out and get some pictures, its an amazing atmosphere :)

my modest efforts....Ballycastle, Northern Ireland

1. the torch and runner
DSC_0153.jpg

2. this chap has really gotten into the spirit of things

DSC_0039.jpg

From Street & Glastonbury, Day 4:

0060d6bb.jpg

a0531a4f.jpg

10e6bfa0.jpg

That last one isn't really part of the run. The young lady did do a leg, and went on to do this call. There were around a dozen photographers and three film crews on top of Glastonbury Tor (You have to walk up, lugging your kit, and it was a nice hot day. My, there were some sweaty snappers up there!) Possibly the footage will be used for credit sequence for TV when the time comes?

And has anyone been strapped to the back of the media wagon in the rain yet? That must be...fun! Pleasant enough on a nice day, if bumpy, but there's no protection whatsoever, and once you're on, you're on!

luciengrey said:
hope you enjoy, I know I missed the focus on a couple of the shots on the blog, but the torch was fine I think.

What settings did you use? Just wondering why the flame is not showing in the picture? Thanks

Last edited:
Torch in Alloa.

Geese a light, Jimmy!

3T5G9341TalkP.jpg

Hard-working togs......

3T5G9366TalkP.jpg

From sunny Stakeford in Northumberland this morning. Not my images, my sisters but she won't mind me sharing. People were still lining the roads. :)

b4d757c1.jpg

ce7f8265.jpg

And some of mine from a slightly less soggy Blyth.
Pants one of the torch bearer but the others are ok.
Huge turn out too despite the weather.

e3a8a660.jpg

a8ff3a99.jpg

0b5d927e.jpg

7f306d0d.jpg

5355c9e0.jpg

We had an early morning start while on the Isle of Lewis to see the Stornoway leg of the torch relay. Started at 6.30 AM ish and finished at 7.30 AM.

Monday 11/06, didn't get back home to post until now.

Olympic Torch - Stornoway by barrysprout, on Flickr

wait until it hits Rochdale, it is generally always wet! The scenery en route ain't particularly well mapped out either but I'm hoping to get something!

The torch passed through Heywood (nr. Rochdale) today. There were big crowds which made it difficult and the runner (Peter Warden) passed very quickly.

IMG_99951.jpg

From the olpmpic runners page LINKY
Peter competed in the 1964 olympics as a 400m Hurdler and has coached athletes of all levels for 50 years from school children to Olympic athletes, he has given his time to help others succed. Peter's effots have gone unrecognised for most of those 5o years. but if you ask Kriss Akibussi ( former 400m Hurlder who the 3 most infulencail people in his athletics career are Peter Warden is one. Peter would be proud and hournered to be able to take part in this historic event. All he does he does for the love of athletics and not reward.

Last edited:
Back