Official Talk Leica thread

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
There are plenty of apps for recovering files from apparently dead memory cards - there's a good chance you'll be able to get most of them off it.

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
There are plenty of apps for recovering files from apparently dead memory cards - there's a good chance you'll be able to get most of them off it.
Yes, but I was so disappointed, that I destroyed the KODAK card ... ---

The data loss was not so great (the flowers are still standing in the neighbourhood), and all the other pics I had stored on my HDD.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes, but I was so disappointed, that I destroyed the KODAK card ... ---

The data loss was not so great (the flowers are still standing in the neighbourhood), and all the other pics I had stored on my HDD.
Ah OK, too late now then! Once a card shows any signs of failure I would destroy it too - no point risking lost photos later.

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Wiesbaden wildlife (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 4/18 f 5,6; crop) :

L1022186_DxO-z18-56-c.jpg

I played around with the Distagon in Wiesbaden for a day to find out if I should buy a Leica Super-Elmar 3,4/18. The Distagon is not offered anymore by ZEISS
and ZEISS told me there are no plans for a successor ... ---

There are a few enthusiastic reviews of the Super-Elmar, but I have found none by owners of both the Distagon and the Super-Elmar.

Maybe, there are owners here in this thread -

Before spending 1500 - 1800 € (used) I want to make sure I get clearly visible better performance.

Attachments

Last edited:
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Wiesbaden wildlife (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 4/18 f 5,6; crop) :

I played around with the Distagon in Wiesbaden for a day to find out if I should buy a Leica Super-Elmar 3,4/18. The Distagon is not offered anymore by ZEISS
and ZEISS told me there are no plans for a successor ... ---

There are a few enthusiastic reviews of the Super-Elmar, but I have found none by owners of both the Distagon and the Super-Elmar.

Maybe, there are owners here in this thread -

Before spending 1500 - 1800 € (used) I want to make sure I get clearly visible better performance.
Can you hire one for a few days ?
Test it out?
I was looking at an 18mm in amsterdam (online) for just over 1k.. leica brand I think...
KameraExpress
But I don't have it nor have I tested it... Think its new @ 1200 euro though.

Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Can you hire one for a few days ?
Test it out?
I was looking at an 18mm in amsterdam (online) for just over 1k.. leica brand I think...
KameraExpress
But I don't have it nor have I tested it... Think its new @ 1200 euro though.
Hi, I could go to a shop selling Leica in Wiesbaden, and try it on a walk.

However, I must return it and make my decision before going to a restaurant, because after this I might be too enthusiastic ...

(The lens in your link is for the TL, not the M. The best price I have seen for the Super Elmar was 1450 € on ebay ...)

Wiesbaden ...(Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 4/18 f 8) :

L1022193_DxO-z18-8tp.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, wildlife in my lavender ... (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 f 2,8 ; crop) :

L1002141_DxO-z35d-28-c.jpg

L1002144_DxO-z35d-28-cp.jpg

L1002147_DxO-z35d-28-c.jpg

L1002143_DxO-z35d-28-c.jpg

On the mini-screen of the M9 the bumble-bees looked disappointing. After cropping they looked a little better.

Taking pics like these with the M9 is not much fun. My SONY A7R2 with tilt screen, higher resolution and AF lenses is more suitable for this.

Attachments

Last edited:
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, for comparison purposes only. If anyone should feel offended by showing these pics here in this thread (SONY A7R2 - SZ Sonnar 1,8/55 FE f 2,8; crop) I shall delete them right away:

DSC06582-a7r2-3-s55-28c.jpg

DSC06583-a7r2-3-s55-28-c.jpg

DSC06586-a7r2-3-s55-28-c.jpg

DSC06591-a7r2-3-s55-28-c.jpg

DSC06603-a7r2-3-s55-28-c.jpg

DSC06613-a7r2-3-s55-c-28.jpg

(With more patience and diligence on my side, I might have taken better pics with my Leica gear, but with the SONY it was simply easier.

I would find it very difficult to be dogmatic about which equipment to use. I take which works best (for me) ... --- )

Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, these should bring back fond memories of Wiesbaden, Lindsay :) ... --- (Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 4/18 f 5,6)
They sure do! Viel Spaß noch mit dem Leica - Ich freue mich mit einem 111c im Moment