Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, SCHILLER and his Muse (Leica M9 - Summarit 2,5/50):

L1015383_DxO-L50summ-c-tp.jpg

L1015384_DxO-L50summ-tp.jpg

With a Muse like that, one stays up late at night, and must write drama and poetry, I suppose ... ---:)

Fortitude of Love by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

another from the 7artisans taken some months back, although I've returned to using M glass this past two weeks

(after a while with the 7a glued to the M9, putting the 50 cron back on makes it feel sooo light!)

Hi, a lamppost on a bridge in Frankfurt/Main (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25, f 2,8):

L1015584_DxO-z25b-28-tp.jpg

(Before this, I was in Frankfurt with my SONY A7R2 and the ZEISS Batis 2/25. The focal length is the same, the Batis is in a different league, though.

It is a Distagon construction, with performance to match. However, it is big and cumbersome ... --- )

Hi, Frankfurt/Main, from the Eiserner Steg (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25, f 2,8):

L1015586_DxO-z25b-28-tp.jpg

(The original ZEISS lens shade (for the 21 and the 25mm Biogon) is very practical. Because it is wide, one can attach the lens cap easily!)

The MTF curves for the 25mm Biogon:

https://www.zeiss.de/content/dam/ca...-lenses/datasheet-zeiss-zm-biogon-2825-de.pdf

and the Leica Elmar 3,8/24 ASPH (I also have):

http://www.summilux.net/m_system/objectifs/ElmarM24Asph-fiche.pdf

I shall try to find if there are any differences ... ---

Last edited:
Hi, I was pleased to find my R>M-adapter again. So, I took a pic with Leica M9 - LEITZ Makro-Elmarit R 2,8/80, f8:

L1015648_DxO-L60r-8-tp.jpg

L1015648_DxO-L60r-8-c-tp.jpg

It was a retro-experience, without distance metering, and so not very much fun. --- I found using R lenses with live view on the SONY A7R2 easier.

So, many M10 owners in this thread use LEITZ R lenses, I assume ... ---

Q

52871792_10161757198755227_6149963310365147136_o.jpg

That will be fun to photograph!

News in on the Q2, excited!

• Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. (11 elements in 9 groups, including three ASPH elements)
  • 4K video: 30 / 24fps, C4K: 24fps, full HD: 120/60/30 / 24fps
  • ISO speed: 50-50000
  • Shutter speed: 60 to 1/2000 seconds (mechanical shutter), 1 to 1/40000 seconds (electronic shutter), 1/3 step Flash synchronization speed: 1 / 500th second
  • Continuous shooting: 10 frames / second (high), 5 frames / second (middle), 3 frames / second (low)
  • Rear liquid crystal: 3.0 type 1.04 million dots
  • Number of storable pictures: about 370 pictures
  • Memory card: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-II compatible)
  • Size: W130 x H80 x D92 mm
  • Weight: 718 g (including battery), 637 g (body only)

Read more: https://leicarumors.com/#ixzz5h0FiBNko

That will be fun to photograph!

News in on the Q2, excited!

• Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. (11 elements in 9 groups, including three ASPH elements)

• 4K video: 30 / 24fps, C4K: 24fps, full HD: 120/60/30 / 24fps

• ISO speed: 50-50000

• Shutter speed: 60 to 1/2000 seconds (mechanical shutter), 1 to 1/40000 seconds (electronic shutter), 1/3 step Flash synchronization speed: 1 / 500th second

• Continuous shooting: 10 frames / second (high), 5 frames / second (middle), 3 frames / second (low)

• Rear liquid crystal: 3.0 type 1.04 million dots

• Number of storable pictures: about 370 pictures

• Memory card: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-II compatible)

• Size: W130 x H80 x D92 mm

• Weight: 718 g (including battery), 637 g (body only)

Read more: https://leicarumors.com/#ixzz5h0FiBNko

Any guess on the price Dan ?

Any guess on the price Dan ?

£4250 is my guess based on chatter

I just hope I can walk into a store on the day of the announcement and buy one... I read that Leica were not going to make the same mistake as the launch of the Q with limited supply.

Last edited:
£4250 is my guess based on chatter

I just hope I can walk into a store on the day of the announcement and buy one... I read that Leica were not going to make the same mistake as the launch of the Q with limited supply.

Mmmmm....just ordered the Q-P...might send it back. See what happens Wednesday

Hi, for sweet confessions during the Carnival in Mainz (Leica M9 - Leitz (Leica) Summicron 2/35 pre-asph, f2):

L1015777_DxO-L35cron-2-tp.jpg

Hi, the Carnival is over! (Leica M9 - Leitz (Leica) Summicron 2/35 pre-asph, f2. crop):

L1015763_DxO-L35cron-2-c-tp.jpg

My 35 Summicron is called King of Bokeh by some ... --- I would say, it has a very good one. But my Distagon 1,4/35 has a good one, too. My 1,2/35 Voigtländer Nokton
has onion rings ...

Maybe, we could see a few Summilux or Noctilux examples here ---:)

Attachments

• L1015763_DxO-L35cron-2-tp.jpg
    L1015763_DxO-L35cron-2-tp.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 7
Dapper by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

The above is a 50mm F1.4 ASPH 'lux on a M240 which Leica loaned me for a short while, the former I wanted but couldn't afford and the latter I was quite ambivalent about and also couldn't afford (no offence intended to M240 owners)

The following you've seen already (apologies) are the 7artisans 50mm F1.1

The Lost Dog by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

at F1.4 (I think!)

City Horse by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

at F1.1

I know for a fact there are better lenses out there :-D but for what the 7artisans cost me, and what not buying the 50 ASPH lux did for my overall budget made me a happy bunny.

All IMO / YMMV of course

Thanks for the LUX-samples, Adam! (y) I shall use another lens with a good bookeh, the ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50, again. This is a little tricky to use because of focus-shift, however. ---

Leica M9 - Elmar 3,8/24, f 3,8:

L1015723_DxO-L3824-38-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Park Cameras have told me I will receive mine tomorrow.

So jealous, I'd preordered in New Zealand but no word on delivery as yet and I'm considering asking them to hold it for a few weeks as I can claim back 15% of the price due to flying overseas next month.

Would love your feedback when you get it, loved my original Q but health issues forced me to sell it.

Hi, Leica M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50, f1,5:

L1015809_DxO-z50s-15-tp.jpg

f 2,8:

L1015810_DxO-z50s-28-tp_bearbeitet-1.jpg

The Sonnar has a good bokeh, I think. I cannot compare it to the 50 Summilux, however. :sorry: But 1,4 vs. 1,5 is within manufacturing tolerances, I would say ... ---

Isn't the Q2 'zoom' option just 'digital zoom' as per other cameras which is basically a crop of the image from the sensor (hence the high resolution sensor)?

Yes, it's just a digital crop - you do get frame lines in-camera though to visualise the crop and it auto soft-crops it when you import the RAW into Lightroom.

You can still retrieve the 28mm view afterwards if you decide

Yes, it's just a digital crop - you do get frame lines in-camera though to visualise the crop and it auto soft-crops it when you import the RAW into Lightroom.

You can still retrieve the 28mm view afterwards if you decide

Cheers. Having the higher resolution sensor certainly helps with that but I wasn't sure if the camera did anything else (other than the overlaid frame lines).

Cheers. Having the higher resolution sensor certainly helps with that but I wasn't sure if the camera did anything else (other than the overlaid frame lines).

Well i'd like to magnify the view, but it's not a 'zoom lens'.

Can't remember the exact but it's something like

50mm = 16MP
35mm = 30MP

Well i'd like to magnify the view, but it's not a 'zoom lens'.

Can't remember the exact but it's something like

50mm = 16MP
35mm = 30MP

It's cropping a digital readout from the sensor, which is permanently displayed in the EVF, so it's only a software function so maybe it could be added in a firmware down the line? Wonder if there is a concern that the lower resolution crop would degrade quality when shown in the high resolution EVF?

Actually, does your A9 show a cropped view in the EVF when shooting in APS-C mode (which is basically what the Q2 is doing)? I think my A7 changed the EVF to the cropped view.

Last edited:
It's cropping a digital readout from the sensor, which is permanently displayed in the EVF, so it's only a software function so maybe it could be added in a firmware down the line? Wonder if there is a concern that the lower resolution crop would degrade quality when shown in the high resolution EVF?

Low resolution crop of 16MP? versus a high resolution EVF 3.6MP?

Back