Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, Leica M9 - ZEISS Distagon 4/18, f 8, full image crop:

L1016454_DxO-z18-8-c-tp.jpg

L1016454_DxO-18-8-tp.jpg

I did not use my monopod. The Distagon rests nicely on its shade. So, one only has to find a place where to place it.

Tea Dance - Vichy France

no we did not participate - we just sampled "the waters" plus a few glasses of the other stuff!!

M8 + Summarit M 35 f2.5

tea_1.jpg

Tea_2.jpg

M8 + Summarit 35mm - 2 images stiched, (I'll try anything)
I'll miss the place when we leave

image is not that sharpe, (a little worst on here than my LR), but why bother!!
pano_SE.jpg

Last edited:
Just acquired a brand spanking CL and loving it.

Is there a recommended aftermarket battery?

TIA.

PROBABLY the usual suspects from 3rd party companies, eg Ex-Pro

I looked on the Leica forum for you and APPARENTLY

Panasonic BMW-BLC12 exactly have same specifications with Leica BP-DC12.And it's price is much lower than Leica BP-DC12.

So MAYBE that’s a half way house between cheaper than Leica but not taking a big risk with a ‘non-OEM’* option (although that said I’ve been using two ex-pro batts with my fujis for 4 years without miss-hap)

*apparently Panasonic make Leica’s batteries (and some say many of the cameras too )

PROBABLY the usual suspects from 3rd party companies, eg Ex-Pro

I looked on the Leica forum for you and APPARENTLY

Panasonic BMW-BLC12 exactly have same specifications with Leica BP-DC12.And it's price is much lower than Leica BP-DC12.

So MAYBE that’s a half way house between cheaper than Leica but not taking a big risk with a ‘non-OEM’* option (although that said I’ve been using two ex-pro batts with my fujis for 4 years without miss-hap)

*apparently Panasonic make Leica’s batteries (and some say many of the cameras too )

Thank you, it's all a bit of grey area for me I'm afraid.

CL and Q use the same batteries...!

But hears a funny thing, the battery that came with the CL is....7.4v 1000mAh, yet the CL manual states 7.2v 1200mAh....?

The Panasonic BMW-BLC12 is 7.2v 1200mAh as stated in the CL manual.

Can someone please explain the slight differences, and does it make any b****y difference.

Upshot is I'm ordering this one, same rating as called for in the manual, 7.2/1200
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANSMANN-Panasonic-Equivalent-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00K4XYEQO

Wex sell exactly the same model, which gives me a little more confidence.

Thank you, it's all a bit of grey area for me I'm afraid.

CL and Q use the same batteries...!

But hears a funny thing, the battery that came with the CL is....7.4v 1000mAh, yet the CL manual states 7.2v 1200mAh....?

The Panasonic BMW-BLC12 is 7.2v 1200mAh as stated in the CL manual.

Can someone please explain the slight differences, and does it make any b****y difference.

Upshot is I'm ordering this one, same rating as called for in the manual, 7.2/1200
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANSMANN-Panasonic-Equivalent-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00K4XYEQO

Wex sell exactly the same model, which gives me a little more confidence.

Just bought these from eBay for my Q (listing number)

Thanks Trevor, I'll change my order.

I've used Ex Pro before with success, on my Oly's, but for some reason couldn't find them for the CL.

My new CL
The bug has well and truly bitten, the Leica bug that is.
Just returned from the Botanic Garden of Wales, where we are members, with the CL card containing 75 images. All I can say is.... it's a dream and a shear pleasure to use with the 18-56.
Ha....who needs IBIS.
On a normal garden visit I would usually have nabbed about a quarter of that number with my Oly gear....there's just something about the CL, as previously mentioned...it's a dream......loving the range finder style and a EVF I can actually use with specs.
I shot jpgs in vivid, and RAW, the quality of the SOOC jpgs is amazing, and the vivid is beautiful.
I'm truly over the moon, so much so so that I have arranged to PX 'all' my Oly gear for the Leica 55-135 and a few quid in cash, paid into my bank.
DPD collect the Oly gear on Tuesday....free of charge.
I know it's not the most profitable way to shift gear, but as SWIMBO pointed out, it gets rid of it all in one go with no haggling and postage problems.
Some pics to follow, when I've come down that is.
Suppose it's like a RR really, does the same as a Fiat....but differently.....no disrespect to Fiat owners.

Most importantly I throughly enjoyed it.

Back