Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, LOTI, (-US, -ERA) in Mainz-Kastel (Leica M9 - Leitz/Leica Summicron 2/35 pre-asph #3440333 f 2,8 crop ) :

L1019923_DxO-L35c-c-tp.jpg

L1019914_DxO-L35c-c-tp.jpg

With LOTUS, I have linguistic problems. Which is the correct plural ending? Like dominus, or portus, or opus ???

Non scholae, sed foro discimus. (Licet ridere ... :D )

Maybe, one should take the easy way out, using LOTUS cars, because lotus is not a Latin word only lotos exists in classical Latin (from Greek).

But who wants an easy solution, if there is a complicated one? - Leica lovers understand me ... --- :)

Last edited:
OK having had a Q since launch I now have an M10-P and 35 Sumi sat in a box on my desk for my birthday, not allowed to open for a month! I was thinking of booking some training with the Leica Akadami in London, just to get me through the learning curve/setup, has anyone else used them?

justin44

Hi, LOTI, (-US, -ERA) in Mainz-Kastel (Leica M9 - Leitz/Leica Summicron 2/35 pre-asph #3440333 f 2,8 crop ) :

View attachment 257833

View attachment 257831

With LOTUS, I have linguistic problems. Which is the correct plural ending? Like dominus, or portus, or opus ???

Non scholae, sed foro discimus. (Licet ridere ... :D )

Maybe, one should take the easy way out, using LOTUS cars, because lotus is not a Latin word only lotos exists in classical Latin (from Greek).

But who wants an easy solution, if there is a complicated one? - Leica lovers understand me ... --- :)

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious :)

Lotuses maybe?

OK having had a Q since launch I now have an M10-P and 35 Sumi sat in a box on my desk for my birthday, not allowed to open for a month! I was thinking of booking some training with the Leica Akadami in London, just to get me through the learning curve/setup, has anyone else used them?

justin44

I looked at the Akademie before buying mine, but in the end bought it, watched a few YT videos and read a few reviews.... the rest is kind of easy. The brilliant thing is the menu system, coming from Nikon/Fuji it's just so simple and I just added the most used things in the favourites which pops up first. Admittedly I don't use JPG at all, only RAW so no idea how to get the best from a JPG.

The Akademie does have some really good bite-size courses they run, sadly most are late afternoon/evening which is no good for me as I'm not local.

Give me a shout if I can be of help:)

I got a new phone yesterday as the old clunker seemed to be on its last legs.

Usually I pick the cheapest phone that has what I need. (dual SIM - the joys of living in 2 countries)

The store had a sale phone that said leica on the box... So I stretched the budget a bit (plus a ton more storage ram processor & all that other cap I don't normally care about)

I have to say the camera seems great for a phone

(this is a screenshot as the original file was to big to upload here)

Screenshot_20191018_111540.jpg

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious :)

Lotuses maybe?

Oi!

I did over 100k miles in my Elan SE but the later Elise was like a high maintenance GF and demanded constant attention and devotion. It was just silly little things with nothing engine related or serious mechanically going bang.

I don't know about plurals, we (northern England) say Lotus's :D

Last edited:
Oi!

I did over 100k miles in my Elan SE but the later Elise was like a high maintenance GF and demanded constant attention and devotion. It was just silly little things with nothing engine related or serious mechanically going bang.

I don't know about plurals, we (northern England) say Lotus's :D

i think that joke was coined around the time of the esprit... Ford used to be Fix Or Repair Daily :D

There were a few of those I remember, LOTUS, Found On Road Dead and Fix It Again Tony come to mind :D

leica typ 240 mp + nikkor 105mm macro + novoflex adapter
L10087__moon by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

The moon was really big. Well bigger than normal. But when taking a photo of the moon...
Anyways, camera on a box on a stool to get a picture over the balcony and steady (no tripod yet).
Stacked several photos... Perhaps HDR treatment might be better... maybe I will play tomorrow evening...

As an aside, I took a photo of the wall to see if there was more sensor dust. Aparently a lot! I have been using the blower but it is not shifting. Best to pop by the leica store?? Ask them to clean again? Or risk cleaning by buying a pen recommended by leica..? (the one with the sticky end) ?

As an aside, I took a photo of the wall to see if there was more sensor dust. Aparently a lot!

1.)I have been using the blower but it is not shifting.

2.)Best to pop by the leica store?? Ask them to clean again?

3.)Or risk cleaning by buying a pen recommended by leica..? (the one with the sticky end) ?

Hi,

ad 1) You simply blow the dust around - at best ...

ad 2) The easiest solution. - Do it, if convenient.

ad 3) The sticky pen is the last resort. Before that, use swabs, and isopropanol.

This is what I used. Anyone (like me) can do this ... :)

Back