Official Talk Leica thread

M9 with Nikkor H C 50/2 first outing, love the glow you get from light sources

I recently bought a new Sony lens, the 24mm f2.8, and it's an amazing lens and it seems to be very resistant to flare and ghosting and loss of contrast etc but using lenses like this and older ones which are affected makes me think that just sometimes the older ones can give a result which is maybe closer to what we see as our eyes don't have the latest super duper lens coatings that new lenses have and we sometimes get dazzled or can't see clearly, especially if you wear glasses. I think this can work well like in that wedding video I posted earlier where he used an old lens that flared a lot but I think it can work with some still pictures too.

Glad you're getting a different look and enjoying it :D

Last edited:
For those that might care…

here’s a major m11 specs leak

obvious highlights are

64 iso
alloy top plate for black (530gram) and traditional brass for silver
off sensor metering even in rangefinder mode
Mech shutter to 1/4000 ES to 1/16000
different raw resolution modes (18/36/60 mpix)
Bigger battery (m240 size)
body same size as m10
no more removable base plate
3 gb buffer

some other stuff

definitely the most modern M yet… I look forward to having one in 2026ish when the prices secondhand are more my budget!

obvious highlights are

64 iso
body same size as m10
3 gb buffer

some other stuff

definitely the most modern M yet… I look forward to having one in 2026ish when the prices secondhand are more my budget!

Stop It.

:D

Long lens compression emphasises parking congestion, courtesy of the Leica DG-Vario-Elmar 100~400mm / Panasonic G9...

Cars parked in Exmouth G9 P1012154.JPG

obvious highlights are

64 iso
body same size as m10
3 gb buffer

some other stuff

Hi, a few interesting features for me : high res, high (electronic) shutter speed, bigger screen.

Missing features for me: IS, tilt screen, EVF

Functional equivalence to modern mirrorless cameras can be achieved by VISOFLEX and using a monopod.

Sorry, for being only mildly excited ... ---

Hi, a few interesting features for me : high res, high (electronic) shutter speed, bigger screen.

Missing features for me: IS, tilt screen, EVF

Functional equivalence to modern mirrorless cameras can be achieved by VISOFLEX and using a monopod.

Sorry, for being only mildly excited ... ---

we need to see some sample files first I think, besides it costs over eight large (in €) which is way beyond my budget, I didn’t even spend that much on my (secondhand) m9p AND m10 combined

we need to see some sample files first I think, besides it costs over eight large (in €) which is way beyond my budget, I didn’t even spend that much on my (secondhand) m9p AND m10 combined
Way over my budget for a camera as well Adam and anyway I'm happy with my M9s (all 3 together cost less than a new M11) (y)

You are right. It is early days. The production ramp-up must be managed, micro-code upgrades will (have to (?)) come, and SW support must come.

And how much of the innovation will show in real life usage of real owners, paying with their own money, not internet hype-wave-surfers or influencers.

It may sound silly, but I am happy with my 2 M9s and my complementary systems (SONY and NIKON). The 8 K € are no problem.

The only thing is, I do not mind spending money. I hate wasting money.

This may be due to spending 30 years marketing and selling capital goods. It made me thrifty ... ---

I only got the m10 last May, waaaay to soon to get body GAS....

Lens GAS, damn that mother****** to hell and back :ROFLMAO: - I swear if I could I'd have about six 50mm lenses by now

I could do with upgrading my laptop... I keep toying with the usual thoughts, is it finally time to go Mac or stick with windows and get so much more for so much less and I keep doing the maths in lens... like but if I buy that, then that's like getting that CV 28 I want, but if I go the other route, I could get the 28 AND the 40.... Hmmm maybe my laptop's fine after all !!!!

I only got the m10 last May, waaaay to soon to get body GAS....

Lens GAS, damn that mother****** to hell and back :ROFLMAO: - I swear if I could I'd have about six 50mm lenses by now

I could do with upgrading my laptop... I keep toying with the usual thoughts, is it finally time to go Mac or stick with windows and get so much more for so much less and I keep doing the maths in lens... like but if I buy that, then that's like getting that CV 28 I want, but if I go the other route, I could get the 28 AND the 40.... Hmmm maybe my laptop's fine after all !!!!

I think I have 18 50/55mm lenses including two modern ones.

m11 - if they did 6k euro with trade in used m10 -> 4k ... ie 2k to pay.. then I might be tempted ;) but I'm betting its a higher price and unaffordable atm..
Like you said - laptop probably needs upgrading first and current m10 is nice enough :)

Do you think they will go the way of apple and change the evf so m10 evf wouldn't work and you'd need to buy a newer better (and more expensive) evf?

Hi, low-res pics ... (M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2,8/25 f 4) :

L1026821_DxO-z25b-4-f.jpg

Crop :

L1026821_DxO-z25b-4-c.jpg

M11 : There are many good technical reasons for buying, but there is still some uncertainty (for me).

Pricing is wisely done by Leica. - Customers take their time before buying, which leads to a steady stream of orders, without supply-chain disturbances ...

The little Panasonic FX55 with its Leica Elmarit zoom lens can be found for peanuts these days but it's still a capable piece of kit. I really should consider buying another...

House on Grand Junction Canal Northampton FX55_1000393.jpg

Sue's egg and sausage face Long Buckby Wharf FX55_1000432.JPG

FX55_1010096.jpg

m11 - if they did 6k euro with trade in used m10 -> 4k ... ie 2k to pay.. then I might be tempted ;) but I'm betting its a higher price and unaffordable atm..
Like you said - laptop probably needs upgrading first and current m10 is nice enough :)

Do you think they will go the way of apple and change the evf so m10 evf wouldn't work and you'd need to buy a newer better (and more expensive) evf?

Apparently the new evf will work on the old cameras ie m10 vintage, and also the old evf works on the m11

But it's all rumours at the moment but not long to wait to know for sure

Apparently the new evf will work on the old cameras ie m10 vintage, and also the old evf works on the m11

But it's all rumours at the moment but not long to wait to know for sure
It’s rumoured to be around £600 quid or so as well :oops: :$

I’ll stick with the one I have - that cost me a frightening £400 odd quid second hand!

It’s rumoured to be around £600 quid or so as well :oops: :$

I’ll stick with the one I have - that cost me a frightening £400 odd quid second hand!

that makes me feel better about paying £330 secondhand for mine (I’ve used it like 7 times in 4 months )

i bought the handgrip secondhand for £200. Today I saw a tatty one in the local store for €110

For me.. the M isn’t about an EVF… OMWV

that makes me feel better about paying £330 secondhand for mine (I’ve used it like 7 times in 4 months )

i bought the handgrip secondhand for £200. Today I saw a tatty one in the local store for €110

Hi, the VISOFLEX looks like a roof-rack on a PORSCHE 911. If you need the functionality, buy a Cayenne (or a camera from other companies ... ). ---

Nice bokeh with an old lens ... (M9 - Summarit 2,5/50 f 2,5) :

L1027017_DxO-L50s-25.jpg

I use mine quite a bit to be honest, predominately out in the woods when I want to make sure I nail focus wide open. Maybe it’s my age, but I do find it useful when I’m faced with a busy scene.

I’ve never bothered with much else, mine came with a thumb grip which is useful and I rarely take this off. Only other add on I’d like is an standard L bracket for tripod use but there doesn’t appear to be one available anywhere that’s not a stupid price.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I couldn't see it anywhere...

I don't think I'd be buying a RF to shoot with the back screen, or on a tripod with flash but each to their own.

I do think a bit much is made of pixel peeping 60mp pictures and seeing motion blur. I think it's better to keep the end use in mind, that being final picture size and how it'll be viewed.

Last edited:
The advantage of a camera in your pocket: an American C17 Globemaster taking off over Swindon, seen while I was waiting for a bus on an ordinary working day (Panansonic TZ40 / Leica Elmarit 30X Zoom)...

C17 Globemaster over Swindon Panasonic TZ40 1010968.JPG

Last edited:
Got to try out the M11 today (was gallery hopping around London) and it’s nice, the black version is notably lighter. Rangefinder patch is a little different now as well, the corners have been rounded off on the patch. To be honest I was more smitten with the black paint MP + 35 APO I was playing with though!

Hi, have a nice weekend ! ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Ultron 2/28 II f 2 ; crop) :

L1027105_DxO-v282-2-c.jpg

Attachments

• L1027105_DxO-v282-2.jpg
    L1027105_DxO-v282-2.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Gardener working on a display in Kitzbuhel's town centre (Leica M3 / 50mm Summicron)

Gardener in Kitbuhel Austria Leica M3 56600021.JPG

Hi, M9 and VOIGTLÄNDER Ultron 2/28 II :

DSC02420-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

DSC02418-a7-s35-c.jpg

The new Ultron is a nice lens. Very well-made (engraved numbers), metal, compact and good to use, as far as I can say after a few days.

It may well become my favourite 28mm M mount lens (out of 4 in total).

Above you see a screw-in metal hood. Another one, bayonet-fitted, is on its way ... ---

Last edited:
Hi, from an M11 video :

it looks as if adapting M mount lenses is not much better with BSI sensors only, but at 11:54 ff a dual filter technology is mentioned to achieve best performance :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q8eWJ2avQI&t=824s

(I was thinking about a SONY A7iii, which has a BSI sensor ... )

And BSI vs. non-BSI :

Last edited:
Back