Official Talk Leica thread

It is done. M10 arrives tomorrow. An offer I couldn't turn down on eBay last night after some good communication with the seller. Came with an extra battery, too which means I don't have to swallow the extortionate fee for one. Quite excited to get into the world of digital Leica after having several film M's over the years.

Hi, Valentine roses ...

M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50 f 1,5 :

L1032254_DxO-z50s-15.jpg

M9 - Summarit 2,5/75 f 2,5 ; crop :

L1032248_DxO-L75-c.jpg

To some, this may look like an exercise in advanced esoterics ... But the comparison shows that you can get a nice bokeh with a slow lens - with a longer FL.

Hi, in my cupboard ... (M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50 f 2,8 ; crop) :

L1032262_DxO-z50s28-c.jpg

L1032264_DxO-z50s-28-c.jpg

L1032265_DxO-z50s-28-c.jpg

I bought my ROLLEI 2.8 GX in 1989, before my Leica M6. It was - and is - a beautiful machine I did not use much; 5 or 6 rolls of film. This is why I hesitate(d) buying a FUJI GFX.

Before taking this decision I would build a bulk-and-weight equivalent, with my NIKON D850 and my ZEISS Macro-Planar 2/50.

And after a week of daily use I would decide ...

Last edited:
Hi, in my cupboard ... (M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50 f 2,8 ; crop) :

View attachment 415324

View attachment 415325

View attachment 415326

I bought my ROLLEI 2.8 GX in 1989, before my Leica M6. It was - and is - a beautiful machine I did not use much; 5 or 6 rolls of film. This is why I hesitate(d) buying a FUJI GFX.

Before taking this decision I would build a bulk-and-weight equivalent, with my NIKON D850 and my ZEISS Macro-Planar 2/50.

And after a week of daily use I would decide ...
Lovely looking camera Immo.

Torn between a couple of cameras to use for travel photography, one of which is the D-Lux 7. The only thing that concerns me is that I may find the 24-75 fixed lens restrictive over time, which is why my other choice is the Olympus E-M10 III simply because I can go with a 14-140 lens. Does anybody have experience with the D-Lux 7 for travel and street photography with the odd landscape thrown in?

Torn between a couple of cameras to use for travel photography, one of which is the D-Lux 7. The only thing that concerns me is that I may find the 24-75 fixed lens restrictive over time, which is why my other choice is the Olympus E-M10 III simply because I can go with a 14-140 lens. Does anybody have experience with the D-Lux 7 for travel and street photography with the odd landscape thrown in?
Sorry - not used that one.
Possibly visit a leica store and talk with the sales people. I have found almost all to be friendly and helpful. Maybe test the camera in the store/just out the front door and see whether it is easy to use, handles/weight is ok, picture quality looks ok etc...

Hi, from my adapting days (2015) ... (SONY A7R2 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 ) :

DSC01048-a7r2-1-z35d-14.jpg

Quite a while back. The IQ is good, I think. A rule of thumb for adapting M mount lenses to mirrorless cameras was : longer FL lenses lead to better IQ.

Things have changed. There are cameras now with a thinner sensor stack than the SONYs from NIKON, PANASONIC or LEICA SL.

Why do I not get one of those and resume adapting again ? I suppose it would be the same as with the SONYs: after a long M mount testing period I would end up buying
native lenses.

The only lenses I still adapt today to my SONYs are my 12mm and 15mm VOIGTLÄNDERs ... ---

Back