Oh B*ll*cks!

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
One of the problems working for the Military is you have to work with what you're issued. Mostly this is OK but as some of will know I've been trialling various bits of kit and forwarding recommendations as to the next kit issue.
Went to pick up my new kit today and was dismayed to find that instead of the expected 17-55 f/2.8 Nikkor that we'd specified, I've still been issued the 17-35 f/2.8 and the useless 24-85 f/2.8-4. Cost was cited as the reason - hmmm... buy a £1500 lens and a £700 lens instead of just one £1200 lens...makes perfect sense to me.

Also the 2GB Sandisk Extreme III (122x write-speed) cards somehow transmogrified themselves into Kingston 2Gb 50x write-speed cards...
Ar$e...
I'll just use my own cards as per bloody usual...

Oh, oh! The Best Bit? Issued four KATA waterproof covers for cameras and lenses. Waterproof? In Afghanistan? With My Reputation? What were they thinking?

Arkady said:
Oh, oh! The Best Bit? Issued four KATA waterproof covers for cameras and lenses. Waterproof? In Afghanistan? With My Reputation? What were they thinking?

Ahahahahahaha, ROFLMAO:LOL:

lolololol

One of the things that impresses me about Arkady is his ability to spell trialling correctly :D

Nowt wrong with the Kingston cards, ungrateful sod :p

One of the many benefits of a Public-School education is that we were regularly beaten with hot kippers during English Grammar lessons til we got it right...

Nothing wrong, nothing wrong? - 50x write speed - I might as well draw the scene with a pencil...

Arkady said:
Nothing wrong, nothing wrong? - 50x write speed - I might as well draw the scene with a pencil...
They'd forget to give you a sharpener :LOL:

i have absolutely no idea what your on about chaps!

I can just picture you in the middle of a battle zone swearing you head off as you have to change lenses ;)

No - I'll just do what I have to do now: pairs F&M back and forth til I frame it right. Massive embuggerance though...

I NEVER change lenses outdoors in Afghan or Iraq to spare the dust Gremlins.

you could always ask the Afgans to come a little closer while you take a pic or two ?

or get the better lens i suppose.........

MyPix

Get the better lens? You mean buy one? Ye Gods Man, are you mad?

lol, sounds like somebodies saving up to buy themselves a lovely new shiny sub-based missile system.

either that or your supply team are just stupid.

Guess you'll just have to file a report as to how useless the equipment you've just been given is......

Gandhi said:
lol, sounds like somebodies saving up to buy themselves a lovely new shiny sub-based missile system.

either that or your supply team are just stupid.

Guess you'll just have to file a report as to how useless the equipment you've just been given is......

Yes...(or just pay for all the ammo we're using in Afghanistan - £250,000 for a Hellfire missile)

Yes...

And Yes.

Back