Oh no, not another £20

But each time you add an e-device no matter how good the security, you are adding another risk.
The Bank is at risk of being hacked by some smart arse,
add "home" on line banking and and that's 2 ways they *may* get your money.
Add pay by phone and that's 3 ways you are at risk...
As you ( or someone else) said awhile back its a calculated risk, and I prefer to keep mine to a minimum.
Fully agree, hence I don't like handing over my debit card details, nor do I like carrying cash and be mugged. :)

Fully agree, hence I don't like handing over my debit card details, nor do I like carrying cash and be mugged. :)

I've always carried cash...never been mugged.
You're more likely to be mugged for your shiny iPhone these days than you are for cash.

I've always carried cash...never been mugged.
You're more likely to be mugged for your shiny iPhone these days than you are for cash.
Theft from person is and has been reducing steadily, this is in part due to the significant increases in security on the devices especially iPhone where it is just not worth it anymore.

Theft from person is and has been reducing steadily, this is in part due to the significant increases in security on the devices especially iPhone where it is just not worth it anymore.

You're still more likely to be mugged for tech rather than cash.

Be interesting to know if there are fewer iphones being stolen with the new tech, couldn`t find my phone the other day and thought it may have been nicked but then thought what use would it be to anyone. Could use a few bits for spares I suppose but how many people are going to do that/know who to sell stolen phones to- can only sell so many as spares only on ebay:)

But each time you add an e-device no matter how good the security, you are adding another risk.
The Bank is at risk of being hacked by some smart arse,
add "home" on line banking and and that's 2 ways they *may* get your money.
Add pay by phone and that's 3 ways you are at risk...
As you ( or someone else) said awhile back its a calculated risk, and I prefer to keep mine to a minimum.

According to my wage slips, I get severely mugged every week before the money gets to the bank. :(

I don't like handing over my debit card details,
Nor do I hence I use the CC sparingly
nor do I like carrying cash and be mugged. :)
I carry a little cash, I may want to buy a packet of mints or something, I'm not risking / trusting a DC transaction for less than a quid.
But as we both agree, its all about minimising the risk, and I'm happy not to trust technology, any more than is absolutely necessary :)

Last edited:
I might have to start getting my money over the counter, rather than cash machine. Then I can ask for fives and tens :)

When I first found out about contactless cards I hated the idea, especially when a cashuer took my friend's card from her and scanned it
without asking, we both wondered what was going on !
Now I have one, I do have to say I find it much easier to pay with for small amounts
But it seem RBS cash machines which advertise they are comaptible with all cards
don't like mine

Had the opportunity to do a little research at work today. In yesterday's takings, 75% of the notes were 20s, 22% were 10s and 3% were 50s. Not enough 5s were taken in to be counted. It may also interest to know that cash made up only 41% of takings.

Had the opportunity to do a little research at work today. In yesterday's takings, 75% of the notes were 20s, 22% were 10s and 3% were 50s. Not enough 5s were taken in to be counted. It may also interest to know that cash made up only 41% of takings.
Must be a shortage of fivers. I very rarely seem to have any.

Back