Oh no! Not another 365! My take on 2009 - From Poland, with love!

Day 161 of 365

161_JU7F7474.jpg

Just playing with lighting! Nothing special...bare flash behind and a shoot through brolly to the left of the camera!

Day 162 of 365

162_JU7F7481.jpg

Life is like a box of chocolates! In my case, an empty box....Roses don't last long when I'm around :D

Last edited:
How did you get the camera in the choccy box?

remember, I'm not that thick :D

BB code and smileys in one post :woot:

Day 163 of 365

163_JU7F8858.jpg

Messing with a prop...a boring day :(

Day 164 of 365

164_JU7F8114.jpg

Work today...lovely and sunny, nice easy day!

Day 165 of 365

165_JU7F8841.jpg

... and again!

Day 166 of 365

166_JU7F8851.jpg

Some dodgy lighting here...but what's the background? Is it a wall? No it's the sky....I had a mad race home to capture some of the remnants of the storm we had today, but I got here and the clouds had all buggered off :(

Weekends really do kill this 365...but I do try and keep up! I've got 3 band shoots over the next 4 days though so definite daily updates!!

Day 167 of 365

167_JU7F9104.jpg

Too many to choose from today, most are in portrait orientation, and that'd be a crime 167 days in...keep it in landscape Phil! The band is Enter Shikari, the location HMV Basement in Manchester (it was WARM!). Shot at f2.8, ISO3200...and a random shutter speed :D

I'll be opening a thread of it's very own for the pick of the bunch :)

Last edited:
Phil your a scary chap you know that? :p :LOL:

Anywho nice updates, do like 155 not too sure about 156 :D. Just as an aside last I heard there are barn owls in the vale not sure whether they are passing or permanent.

Phil your a scary chap you know that? :p :LOL:

Anywho nice updates, do like 155 not too sure about 156 :D. Just as an aside last I heard there are barn owls in the vale not sure whether they are passing or permanent.

I've been called worse :D

I had heard of one that used to be sighted at the Vale, towards the M60 bridge...this was some time ago though. How about your sightings? This is one is a bit of a drive away...up in Astley/Leigh...drop me a message if you want to know more :)

Just done a big catchup :) Well done for keeping going! You are one busy chap :) Erm...not sure what else to say really, apart from I can see why I started to loose comments on my 365 now :p great to follow but really hard to comment on :(

Really like that one!
Looks a bit lighter than most of the places I end up in...

The back of the stage was lit beautifully! The problem was that there was bugger all lighting on the front of the band..hence why I had to up the ISO severely :(

Thanks (y)

Day 168 of 365

168_JU7F9615.jpg

All this music talk makes me want to.....SING :D

Day 169 of 365

169_JU7F9588.jpg

2nd band shoot of the week today! We had loads of fun, and ended with a Reservoir Dogs style shot :D It was my first time using all my Pocket Wizards etc in anger...I love 'em!

I've been called worse

I had heard of one that used to be sighted at the Vale, towards the M60 bridge...this was some time ago though. How about your sightings? This is one is a bit of a drive away...up in Astley/Leigh...drop me a message if you want to know more

Leigh`s a bit to far for me unfortuantly........last I heard of the vale owl was a couple of months ago so maybe its still there....might give it a look.

Tomorrow I might be checking near Buxton there being a few disused quarries that have filled with water.....might get somewhere with a few waders if i`m lucky.........then again I might have to get a Fathers day present :bang:

Leigh`s a bit to far for me unfortuantly........last I heard of the vale owl was a couple of months ago so maybe its still there....might give it a look.

Tomorrow I might be checking near Buxton there being a few disused quarries that have filled with water.....might get somewhere with a few waders if i`m lucky.........then again I might have to get a Fathers day present :bang:

Bit far for me to go regularly...been twice, but I think I'll stick to the ones at my dads in Suffolk...unless the Vale proves fruitful! :)

Ben Hall has an article in one of the magazines at the moment...he took one of their writers to 2 locations, one somewhere in the Peaks, and one...a disused quarry on our side of the Peaks, I'd love to know which it was! I've been OS map and Google Earthing a lot recently!

There is a quarry up near Buxton (to the South East if I remember correctly) called the Blue Lagoon....might not be any bird life but it looked gorgeous! Just found it...Harpur Hill quarry :)

Day 170 of 365

170_JU7F9885.jpg

Tired or still singing? Tired it is...very early morning tomorrow...work...*sigh*

Day 171 of 365

171_JU7F9495.jpg

Day 172 of 365

172_JU7F9509.jpg

I spent the weekend photographing football with fellow member SimonTALM, and Lee (not sure if he is on here?)...both cracking blokes and am looking forward to working with them again! :)

Day 173 of 365

173_JU7F0014.jpg

The pigeon lady of Krakow! Yes...I'm in Krakow, Poland (again...3rd time in 7 months!). I'm currently borrowing someones Wifi, as I bought my Macbook with me. We woke up a bit late, but luckily my dad got us to Stanstead on time, and we got from the drop off point to the Gate 83 in as little as 16 minutes...leaving us 4 or 5 minutes before the gate closed! Phew! :D

Anyway, we're here now..it's warm but a bit grey! Still, it's great to be away for a few days! We're headed up to Warsaw on Wednesday for a night, before coming back for our flight on Thursday!

Last edited:
Day 174 of 365

174_JU7F9749.jpg

Did somebody say beetroot soup with a boiled egg in it? Yes please! :D

Day 175 of 365

175_JU7F9791.jpg

A fancy bit of editing (ed. A lightroom pre-set non?) today! A 3 hour train ride ended in Warsaw...it felt a bit erm...modern at first but eventually got to the Old Town. It's a beautiful place, I tried to capture a timeless photo free from all the tourists and modern bits like signs...I think I succeeded! :)

Looks like you had a nice cheap time ... AGAIN :p

Like 173 nicely edited :)

Looks like you had a nice cheap time ... AGAIN :p

Like 173 nicely edited :)

Cheers matey! Warsaw is gorgeous...must revisit soon! :)

Some cracking photos there, but where do you find such flight deals???

Thank you very much! :)

I've flown with Ryanair each time, taking advantage of their 1p/£2.50/£5 flight offers they occasionally have! Although it is a case of hand luggage only, and none of the fancy extras and so on. Moneysavingexpert.com also has a neat flight checker on there that scans all the budget airlines for European destinations! Cheapest I can find for Krakow now is about £30...still pretty cheap considering though :)

Day 176 of 365

176_JU7F9865.jpg

Back into Krakow today for the flight home...the city gave us a leaving present in a free perfomance! No idea who it was or what it was for, but it was entertaining none the less :)

More updates to come soon! :D

Day 177 of 365

177_JU7F9890.jpg

Mustn't doze off....mustn't doze off....

Day 178 of 365

178_Raw00104.jpg

Day 179 of 365

179_Raw00198.jpg

Horsing around this weekend...got a bit wet too :(

Last edited:
Day 181 of 365

181_JU7F9892.jpg

Today...I struggled somewhat to move my joomla based website over to another server, 6 hours it took! I'll be happy if I never have to see another database in my life. Ever.

Back