OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

That’s a great set, love number three ;)

I bought a super wide lens (Sigma 15-30D) and I was looking for an excuse to use it. So into some woods near Chepstow.

The exposure level seemed to go a bit weird when I was inside the woods with the camera over-exposing compared to anywhere else. Normally I need about +3 but it went down to 0EV. I have a strong suspicion that the place was flooded with reflected IR light from all directions. If so then IR portraits under a woodland canopy might be interesting.

White balance was done using red oxide primer, which seems to work quite well to balance the colours to a neutral black and white.

IR Trees_03.JPG

Last edited:
Great processing Jak, Nice tonal range, Ideal subjects for infra-red (y):cool:
Thank you Toonie :)
I made some adjustments in Affinity and then Silver Effects Pro :)

I do all my raw processing in Photoshop, I haven't tried Affinity yet .but it looks to be very capable software in the right hands Jak (y)

I do all my raw processing in Photoshop, I haven't tried Affinity yet .but it looks to be very capable software in the right hands Jak (y)
And considerably cheaper!

Tell us more Jamie, camera, filter etc? ;)

I'm getting reacquainted with my B&W digital camera and am pleased with the results...
Not full IR, but a full spectrum mod with a red filter..

Lovely place.
Knottsm2.jpg

A few of my Infra-red snaps recording my life cruising the rivers & canals.

Attachments

• Blisworth.jpg
    Blisworth.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 12
  • Braunston-1.jpg
    Braunston-1.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Braunston-2.jpg
    Braunston-2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Braunston-3.jpg
    Braunston-3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Braunston-4.jpg
    Braunston-4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Cosgrove.jpg
    Cosgrove.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 13
War memorial tower North of Bath. Would have been a great view from the top.
Monument 7.JPG

Felling after ash dieback.
Ash Dieback 10.JPG

Last edited:
Stowe near Milton Keynes. A really great NT property for photographs.

Going for the dark house on a hill feeling for the Temple. You can do short stays in this place and it is a lot prettier than this picture portrays:

Stowe IR 4.JPG

A selection of busts of the greatest British people. In case you needed inspiration.
Stowe IR 3.JPG

The sceptic in me says where is the string, but I can't see it. Definitely spooky.

OK I own up how it was done. I tied a clear fishing line to the mug and then around a tap and back to myself behind the camcorder. So now it appear to be moving by itself and not me pulling on the fishing line :clap:

Now you know you can try the same trick on your friends/family

Last edited:
Back