okay, so I can...

Name
rob
Edit My Images
Yes
...post here and in the forum discussion section, but no bugger'll tell me why I can't post an intro in the welcome forum.

One begins to feel that one is not, in fact, welcome here.

Welcome to TP.

There are quirks on this site that will never be solved....

...such as why people insist on having arguments about whether Canon or Nikon is the best....

...of course it's Nikon!!! ;)

What is the problem when you try and post? Any error message?

And welcome to the forum :) Im also new, and have already received plently of advice and inspiration. Enjoy your stay (y)

EDIT: In response to Pat :canon:

Thanks for the welcomes, guys, all be it in the wrong section:)

I have tried countless times today to leave an intro message and each time I hit 'submit reply' I'm told that I need to have registered in order to post. Yet it seems I can post anywhere that I don't need to introduce myself.

And as for Canon v Nikon, well, here's what happened to me:

When I was first into photography almost thirty-odd years ago, I had an Olympus OM10 (after a coupla Prakticas). Nikon was the aspirational but too expensive camera.

Aftera too long a break I recently got back into it and after some research decided on a eos500.
This really tugged at my heartstrings cos there was that direct competitor, the D5000, but I felt that the Canon might be better despite that still alive aspirational emotion.
Anyway, went into Jessops and tried the Canon. Something inside me made me try the Nikon too and it felt so much more comfortable in my hands.
Further research and the D90 ticked all the boxes plus a couple of extra ones for me.

So, nothing against Canon, you understand, but...

If you go into User CP and remove the reference to Nikon in your 'Camera Bag' then I think you'll be able to post in the Welcome Section.

Many thanks for the advice, 2blue4u, I'll give it a bash.

Oh, and by the way, unless you started supporting the Mighty Blues before 1968 you ain't as blue as me(y)

hi rob welcome to the forum (they are a bit nutty here)
I am also very new !

well, that didn't work, so it would appear that the suggested removal of the Nikon preference was nothing more than a cunning ruse by a Canon preferer.

And, hey, an extra six years over me.(y)

Not sure about you but I'd give the late 70s and early 80s a miss any lifetime.

hi rob welcome to the forum (they are a bit nutty here)
I am also very new !

Cheers Rachel. My family know me as Bob but I prefer Rob...though I couldn't really give too much of a toss if I'm called Bob.

Hi and welcome to TP..yes some on here are a bit nutty the others are just total nutters..

Well you're here now - that's all that matters...and with the right camera as well...

There's only 1 reason that people argue about Canon and Nikon and that's because they haven't tried a Sony.:bonk:

...post here and in the forum discussion section, but no bugger'll tell me why I can't post an intro in the welcome forum.

One begins to feel that one is not, in fact, welcome here.

welcome...ps i am not a bugger but do try my best
cheers:puke:

Back