old man

shihan

Suspended / Banned
Name
J.W. van *** Bos
Edit My Images
Yes
During a walking through the streets of Zaandam, I met this old man of 84 years (a former Circus-owner) and we had a interesting talk. I made some pictures on poster-size for him as a sort of reward for his willingness to pose and the stories. He was astonished and thepictures hang now on the wall of his appartment in the olders-home!

oldman.jpg

Shihan;)

I really like this. There is a lifetime behind the face, very expressive. I'd clone out the messy bits on the bg. Otherwise a great pic(y)

I'd clone out the messy bits on the bg....

It looks like he has already... there's a lot of jaggies round the head, and hat especially. You can see the white halo from selecting and retouching.

Overall though, it's a very good picture - just a bit more time cleaning up round the edges is all it needs! (y)

It looks like he has already... there's a lot of jaggies round the head, and hat especially. You can see the white halo from selecting and retouching.

Overall though, it's a very good picture - just a bit more time cleaning up round the edges is all it needs! (y)

Well spotted min, I nivver noticed at.

I would rather take a portrait of a senior citizen than of a baby... the senior has much more character!

:Agree: with reddeathdrinker,
Looks like the origional was a good photo but the PP spoils it a bit.

I love older people telling me stories of their lives....had a ww2 pilot telling me about his time during the war the other day at work....must have chatted for close on an hour!!

lovely shot, can see he has a lot of character :)

The photo it nice, you've captured a great expression. The post processing, however, is terrible and completely ruins what could otherwise be a great portrait

EDIT: Ooops I've just noticed you've been banned so you won't be seeing my constructive crit now. Ho Hum! :LOL:

Last edited:
Back