Old photo reproduction

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?
I have a very sentimental old b&w 10x8 photo of my recently passed away parents which I would love to reproduce in order to frame. It’s a bit dog eared & marked here & there so some clever scanning & photoshopping would do the trick I’m sure.
I would have a crack myself but I’m just starting out in photography & don’t have the resources, or the skills.
Anybody know of a pro service who can do this.? Or is there anyone here who would like to have a go? I would obviously pay my way.
Cheers
Marc

I suspect a lot of members will willingly help you. I have dropped you a PM with my email address. Please send me your photo by reply. I am sure others with more expertise will do a better job but I will do the best I can.

Same here. I'm no expert but would be happy to spend some time on this for you.
As above I'm sure there a plenty of forum users whom would like to help you out with this

Gaz

Hi
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?
I have a very sentimental old b&w 10x8 photo of my recently passed away parents which I would love to reproduce in order to frame. It’s a bit dog eared & marked here & there so some clever scanning & photoshopping would do the trick I’m sure.
I would have a crack myself but I’m just starting out in photography & don’t have the resources, or the skills.
Anybody know of a pro service who can do this.? Or is there anyone here who would like to have a go? I would obviously pay my way.
Cheers
Marc

I know it's a long shot, but you don't have the original negatives do you... If you do, I'd be happy to go back to the negatives (provided they're either 120 or 35mm format - I don't have a scanner that'll work with larger format film than that), scan it and clean up any dust spotting, and get you the best possible TIFF file I can drag out of it for you... No dog ears or time induced colour fades - just a "new-old" original but in digital format.

I'll also be happy to offer my help. I'm sure there are much more advanced restorers around but I've had success with old family photos, up to 100+ years and some in very poor condition indeed. It's amazing how much detail can be rescued from even an extremely faded print with appropriate scanning and processing. Better still, of course, if you have original negatives or slides. I'm London based, you anywhere near?

I'll also be happy to offer my help. I'm sure there are much more advanced restorers around but I've had success with old family photos, up to 100+ years and some in very poor condition indeed. It's amazing how much detail can be rescued from even an extremely faded print with appropriate scanning and processing. Better still, of course, if you have original negatives or slides. I'm London based, you anywhere near?

I would like to thank all of you for your offers of help I really appreciate it. At the moment I only have the original print, as a one off, no negative I’m afraid. & I don’t have the resources to scan onto a file format I can email. I’m hoping you can bare with me while I sort this out. Obviously as it’s the only copy i have I’m reluctant to post, though I’m happy to deliver by hand locally I’m in Bracknell. Please allow a bit of time to sort this & Get back
Cheers
Marc

Last edited:
I would like to thank all of you for your offers of help I really appreciate it. At the moment I only have the original print, as a one off, no negative I’m afraid. & I don’t have the resources to scan onto a file format I can email. I’m hoping you can bare with me while I sort this out. Obviously as it’s the only copy i have I’m reluctant to post, though I’m happy to deliver by hand locally I’m in Bracknell. Please allow a bit of time to sort this & Get back
Cheers
Marc

Not sure though possibly there are other TP members living in or near Bracknell who have scanning facilities???

In the absence of someone here I wonder if you reached out to the local digital group of the RPS, they hold their meetings in Wokingham (used to be in Bracknell some years back when I was a member)

Link here http://rps.org/special-interest-groups/digital-imaging/digital-imaging-thames-valley and down the page is the local organiser and his email link.........I would be fairly sure someone in that group has a scanner and hopefully would help once you explain the problem.

As I say this is a "just in case" based on your need to not lose sight of that precious photograph.

Back