Old Scene Revisited

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
My apologies for any minor shocks caused by my posting out of Wildlife and Nature Forum. ;)

A lot of you will remember this shot from well over a couple of years ago. I must have had more enquiries about prints from this one than any other shot, but in a monumental cock up, I managed to delete the RAW file and save the original TIFF as an 800 pixels web version! :LOL:

Conditions have never been quite the same since, until I looked out of the window this morning. Needless to say, I grabbed the camera and legged it out there and got a few shots. 20 minutes later the mist had lifted considerably and the atmosphere was gone, but I think I've managed to duplicate the earlier shot pretty well.

three1.jpg

The foreground tree had been felled since the last visit which gave me the opportunity to try this different angle on the shot.

stumpy.jpg

Yes - the RAW file is safely saved! Taken with the 1DMK2 n and 17-40L.

very good and atmospheric. A change from your "norm".

(you've got lots of dust goobers... cleaning time)

Looks pretty much like one of your normal shots to me CT :shrug: Maybe a closer crop would help though :LOL:

CT pic.jpg

:LOL: @ Grendel

Yep Paul ..cleaning time definitely. (y)

I really like the first shot, it has a lot of atmosphere to it, reminds me of the sleepy hollow movie

The second shot seems to have a vignette type thingy about 1cm around the foggy area, did you use the dodge tool around the edge on this one or is it my bloody monitor again ?

The slight vignette was intentional, but it's a very hasty edit and may disappear when I get round to doing the job properly. :)

My apologies for any minor shocks caused by my posting out of Wildlife and Nature Forum. ;)

I think where you got lost was, you turned left at motorsport instead of right :D
Well captured (first &) second time around (y)

When I saw the title, I was hoping it would be this shot. Funnily enough, I thought of this shot this morning when I saw the mist and frost - how spooky is that?! Not so keen on the stump in the 2nd shot, but love the original. I'd very happily have that shot blown up huuuuge and hung on my wall.

The first shot is a real cracker.:clap::clap:
not sure about the second though, sorry(y)

Back