Oldest lens being used on DSLR

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I was just looking at Nikon history and found that the F mount is 50 years old this year, in february actually. So there could well be some very old lenses being used on modern DSLR cameras.

What is the oldest lens that anyone is using on a DSLR....

I'll start off with my oldest, my Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8 F2.8 G IF-ED with the ripe old age of nearly 2 years and several minutes older than the nifty fifty which in turn is several minutes older than the 18-200 :LOL:

I did have the AIS 85mm f2 but puddleduck has it back now.

Pentax K f/1.8 55mm which must be about 33 years of age. A mere pup, cos I don't have any M42 stuff.

I use my dads 26yo Nikkor 300 af on my D60, no problems apart from the af doesnt work

Just got my father-in-laws old Russain 300mm Prime Leica lens - fully manual lens :help: - working on his Konica Minolta digital camera via an adapter ring, think it's 20 - 25+ years old, but still very good. (y)

im not sure but i dont think you can use non ai lenses on dslr's , ( nikon )or even some of the earlier film cameras ...anything from 1977 and ai should mount and be usable to some degree though.

im not sure but i dont think you can use non ai lenses on dslr's

Depends on the lens.

The D40 / D40x and D60 will take pre-AI just fine due to a quirk regarding no AF motor.

I have an old 35 F2 and a mark1 180 F2.8,no idea exactly how old they are..........:shrug:

im not sure but i dont think you can use non ai lenses on dslr's , ( nikon )or even some of the earlier film cameras ...anything from 1977 and ai should mount and be usable to some degree though.
You can (according to Ken) on some - so ones from the late 50's could be used.

I think I'm right in presuming you could put a '30's Leica lens on the digital Leica with a (common-place) M-mount adapter too.

I've got a couple of Oly Zeiko lenses from an OM1..., I've used them, and I reckon they are probably 30 odd years old.

i have a 35mm 2.8 Elmarit R that is my walk about lens and the hand written receipt is dated

I've got some really old ones.

Perhaps my favourite is a Kiron 28mm f/2.8 which must be about 25 years old - I got it as "old new" stock and it even has the warranty paperwork from Kino Precision, long defunct.

Actually looking around I've got several lenses from the 70s - love the build quality and feel - they all still work great too, which is why "How old is it?" questions in the Classified for lenses barely a year old makes me chuckle :)

My E series 50mm although maybe not for too much longer

Back