Oldies, but goodies...

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Playing around with my new 5DmkII tonight, banged out these.

I have these 3 cameras knocking around my office. No real reason except the Brownie Flash and bellowed Brownie were found at my Grandparents, so it reminds me of them.

The OM10 I bought on eBay for about £30 and have so far ran just a single roll of film through it - need to get it processed but it's such a hassle! Made me realise how lucky I am to be from the digital-era!

Just sharing anyway. :)

101008-175153_-2_-3Enhancer.jpg

101008-175618_8-2_9Enhancer.jpg

101008-180440_2_3Enhancer.jpg

101008-180546_49_50Enhancer.jpg

101008-180817_19_20Enhancer.jpg

How I lusted over an OM-10 as a kid - never had one though :(

Just reminded me too of the glaring omission on DSLR lenses of the DoF scale - it (or a digital equivalent and God knows why they don't include one as its only a simple bit of maths) would save so many questions on DoF and Hyperfocal focussing :)

DD

They're really lovely to hold. Just solid and lovely. :)

And yes, the distance scale is useful - but not very.

I really don't know why digital cameras can't come with a hyperfocal distance display!

I really don't know why digital cameras can't come with a hyperfocal distance display!

That's just it though - there is absolutely no reason they can't - it'll be some committee decision not to include it and everyone's gone the same way - shame :shake:

DD

Would like a black one!

You know the "Q" button on Canons? Brings up a variety of info on the LCD... Would be good to have a distance scale that could tell you where you've focussed and how much front-back will be in focus. Couldn't be hard!?

... and have so far ran just a single roll of film through it

That's how it begins. Then you see that lovely grain and the feel of the winder and the click of the shutter and next thing you're selling the furniture on ebay for a gallon of ID-11.

Back