Olympics

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
I'm surprised there's no Olympics thread, so thought I'd start one.

All Olympics based thoughts welcome.

Isn't the women's Rugby 7s good?

I'm a convert.

When we had the Olympics in 2012 I thought trying to fit such an enormous event into an already overcrowded city would be a disaster, and I was 100% wrong. The logitics worked and I really enjoyed watching it and I have started watching the current games.

The Men's Road Race today was brilliant and we have a new World Record holder in the swimming.

Great stuff.

Dave

Really don't care much for it, but love the winter olympics. Did, however, watch the last 20km of the men's road race.

Impressive display from the women sevens team. can't wait for the mens sevens, have been looking forward to that for some time. Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday this week, and reasonable times too between 5pm and 1030pm

Adam Peaty...good lad! :)

Just tried watching the Foil Fencing.....What on earth is all that about!

I caught it by accident and it was great to see some fencing on the television; I was most impressed by Richard Kruse's sportsmanship. As to what it is about... Physical chess? Accuracy and fitness? It is timed down to 1/25 of a second between hits, so VERY fast reactions. And, of course, a wonderful history stretching back centuries, although I confess to foil being my least favourite weapon. Long ago when I was fitter and thinner I fenced for the Welsh student team, for the Royal Navy and Combined Services.

Bit spoilt for me that it's on at such an unsocial hour, catch what I can though.

Enjoy the Archery and looking forward to the Table Tennis, both sports you don't get to see very often

Have to say i am loving the Olympics again. Watching a mis mash of sports i never normally watch. Fencing yesterday, diving and shooting today. now watching a human rubber band bouncing and tumbling round a mat.

I caught it by accident and it was great to see some fencing on the television; I was most impressed by Richard Kruse's sportsmanship. As to what it is about... Physical chess? Accuracy and fitness? It is timed down to 1/25 of a second between hits, so VERY fast reactions. And, of course, a wonderful history stretching back centuries, although I confess to foil being my least favourite weapon. Long ago when I was fitter and thinner I fenced for the Welsh student team, for the Royal Navy and Combined Services.

I’ll bow to your superior knowledge; because it remains a fog to me I’m afraid.

Currently watching the closing stages of the women's 7 a side rugby.

I'm seriously impressed.

With Tom Daly and the skeet shooter both being from the West Country, we've been inundated with repeated showings of the winning bronze medal dive and a clay getting popped, not to mention the divers falling in the water (shades of Little Jim!)

The 7s rugby has been very good to watch so far. Wish I'd seen the Chinese weightlifter live on tv lift more than 3 times his body weight in the C&J.

BBC Sports website has a catch-up feature., so you may be able to find what you've missed.

The 7s rugby has been very good to watch so far. Wish I'd seen the Chinese weightlifter live on tv lift more than 3 times his body weight in the C&J.

Bit spoilt for me that it's on at such an unsocial hour, catch what I can though.

Enjoy the Archery and looking forward to the Table Tennis, both sports you don't get to see very often

Isn't the women's Rugby 7s good?

I'm not a rugby man, but Australia's Charlotte Caslick could 'turn' me.

tstdem3wiwwmh9zfbcm5.jpg

I'm not a rugby man, but Australia's Charlotte Caslick could 'turn' me.

...because what she looks like is clearly the most important thing.

I've been really enjoying the gymnastics - watching the men's all around now. Backing Uchimura for the win :)

I saw the headline, but didn't bother reading the non story. Apparently, 4th is the worst place to finish and Britain are good at it :D

Not apparent to many.
So it's not a medal, but surely better than, say, 10th.
I'd love to see the nay-sayers do better.

I've never watched rugby in my entire life, but I'm glued to the Rugby 7's.

My thoughts exactly :), even more so now i have seen the pool colour!

You will both be ok tonight, you have Eastenders, Celebrity Big Brother, Britains Benefit Tenants and Home & Away of course.
Enjoy

You will both be ok tonight, you have Eastenders, Celebrity Big Brother, Britains Benefit Tenants and Home & Away of course.
Enjoy

I can do better than that, I have an off switch on mine (y)
Its just a shame that they aren't all fitted with off switches and people aren't obliged to watch any old crap the TV companies deem to put on.

At least the limpiks aren't a repeat :D

New OR for GB in cycle time trials qualifying :)

Fingers crossed for the next rounds / final

Back