Olympics

Happier - there's more of an uncarved one!

So 2nd in the medal table with an increase on the London medal total.

What I find impressive is we won Gold in more sports than any other nation.

GB & NI Gold in 16 different sports
U.S.A Gold in 14 sports
China Gold in 9

Never having purchased a lottery ticket in my life I cannot claim to have helped, all you TP people who play the lottery give yourselves a pat on the back. Well done.

What's the horse going to do with it. It has no concept of what it is and, most importantly, it can't eat it!

I guess the medals that have been awarded to service animals over the years better be collected back in then; after all, the animal has no concept if what it is......:rolleyes:

well done Team GB you have done us proud and anything that gets the Aussies rattled certainly goes down as good news in my book.

Try riding a horse - come back and discuss. o_O

It's simple - horse riding is a skill, in the same way as archery, cycling, yachting, rowing, photography. They all rely on the skill of the operator, but the quality of the equipment has some bearing. How good a photo does your camera take when you're not available to control it?:thinking:

As to the quality of the bike - you've short memories if you can't remember the turning point in British cycling. It wasn't down to a new fitness regime. Everyone else turned up on a 'bike' that looked the same as it had for 100 years, and Chris Boardman turned up on this...
Chris-Boardman-in-action--002.jpg
That bike was a work of art. He showed up to the club time trial on the road version once and blitzed the 10 miles in 20 minutes. Such a lovely guy. After the Olympics he came to a track meet at our track and brought that bike and the medal. I've a lot of time for Chris. Our team now owe him so much. He was the spark.

We had a boss party in the club office that first time he wore the yellow jersey!

I guess the medals that have been awarded to service animals over the years better be collected back in then; after all, the animal has no concept if what it is......:rolleyes:

Jeez, you could start an argument in an empty room!

Where did I say they shouldn't receive medals? But let's be honest, giving medals to animals is more about easing human conscience than being of any benefit to the animals.

Jeez, you could start an argument in an empty room!

Not every post that disagrees with another is an argument by nature....blimey!

ITV going off air for an hour from 9:30 this morning to encourage the nation to go out do something sporty.

A fairly pointless exercise for them really (no pun intended).
Those lacking sporty inclinations will surely just flip to one of the hundreds of other brain cell killing channels.

I wonder how much money they'll be saving by shutting down for the hour? BBC had the Olympics, C4 have the Paralympics, ITV have an hour off!

Maybe they're carrying out some technical work and simply disguising it with these worthy intentions.
I remember as a teenager, BBC being off air for a couple of hours whilst they switched transmitters. :)

Could well be.

Back