Olympus EP-1

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
It is stunningly gorgeous and no doubt those Zuiko lenses are pin sharp but £600+ for a camera with no viewfinder and the inherent camera shake that holding the thing at arms length inevitably brings

£600+ is list price, expect street price to bring in down in line with the Panasonic G1.

Also, the pancake kit comes with a viewfinder, while camera shake from extended arms can be done away with proper technique.

£600+ is list price, expect street price to bring in down in line with the Panasonic G1.

Also, the pancake kit comes with a viewfinder, while camera shake from extended arms can be done away with proper technique.

Viewfinder or flash not both at the same time and what technique can stop your extended arms getting very shaky after a full days shooting.I know the G! has an electronic viewfinder but I think that is a better answer than none at all

Viewfinder or flash not both at the same time and what technique can stop your extended arms getting very shaky after a full days shooting.I know the G! has an electronic viewfinder but I think that is a better answer than none at all

I think you're missing the point of the new Pen. It's designed to be as compact as they can, hence doing without the optical VF and built in flash, and as it's hardly a brick you're arm's not going to be dropping off by carrying it all day. The technique to using an LCD to shoot with is little different to a viewfinder, you just have the screen a couple of inches in front of your face rather pressed against yourt eye socket. You can still tuck your elbows in to get a nice stable base and I've no idea why people presume that you have to strecth your arms out when using a screen.

I for one am happy that they've not tried to shoe horn an inadequate optical VF in, and if I'm shooting with flash it's easy enough to shoot from the screen so no hardship there.

Back