OLYMPUS LENSES ON PANASONIC BODIES

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
Yes
Being a comparatively recent convert from Pentax, I now have 2 Panasonic bodies (GX8 and G9) with several Panasonic lenses.
However, my 2 most recent purchases have been the Olympus 12-40mm and 40-150mm f2.8 Pro lenses (both of which are excellent).
I recently watched a Cameralabs video where Gordon Laing made a throwaway comment about Olympus and Panasonic lenses working better on their respective manufacturers bodies.
Can I assume he was talking about using, for example, older non stabilised Pana bodies with non stabilised Oly lenses?

I know I can't use the function button on the Oly lenses on my Pana bodies, but apart from that, in view of your experience, has anyone noticed any significant differences in lens performance and results?

I await with interest any comments. Thank you.

You're correct about the stabilisation differences.

There are some small bits of functionality that only work on "native" (as in same manufacturer) lenses. Like olympus focus stacking and the pro-capture. Also OIS + IBIS. e.g. EM-1ii + oly 300mm/12-100 or the Panny G80/G9 + Panny 100-400/12-60/etc

You're correct about the stabilisation differences.

There are some small bits of functionality that only work on "native" (as in same manufacturer) lenses. Like olympus focus stacking and the pro-capture. Also OIS + IBIS. e.g. EM-1ii + oly 300mm/12-100 or the Panny G80/G9 + Panny 100-400/12-60/etc

I think the Panasonic DFD is only compatible (or at least works better) with Panny lenses.

I have a couple of OMD bodies with oly primes but my two zooms are LUMIX-Pan lenses.
I just turn the on lens stabiliser off when using them and haven't had a problem just using the Olympus IBIS.
What I can't say is if the Olympus lenses work with Panasonic stableised bodies.
Sorry not much help ☹️:(

Back