Olympus mju-ii battery life plus any other info please

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just got back from the Whitby Goth weekend where I found a Olympus mju-ii for 4 quid from one of the charity shops that we always do a tour of, I'm hoping it works and have ordered a couple of batterys from ebay to give it a try. How long ( I know it's hard to say exactly) can I expect a battery to last ? The camera is a black version and I wondered if there was any difference between the colours and are there any little quirks I need to look out for ?

Cheers all

I've just got back from the Whitby Goth weekend where I found a Olympus mju-ii for 4 quid from one of the charity shops that we always do a tour of, I'm hoping it works and have ordered a couple of batterys from ebay to give it a try. How long ( I know it's hard to say exactly) can I expect a battery to last ? The camera is a black version and I wondered if there was any difference between the colours and are there any little quirks I need to look out for ?

Cheers all

It'll depend on how much you use it (and whether you use the flash - I think the mju ii flash is automatically activated in low light unless you remember to switch it off manually). The Olympus Superzoom that I have still works fine on the battery I put in it two years ago, but it's probably only had a about four rolls through it.

Cheers Nige, I will most likely use it more than any other camera as I can carry it with me at all times rather than just when deliberately going out doing photography as I do with most of my other cameras. The small amount of zoom should make it a little more useful than the other point and press cameras I have plus it is a little smaller.
This is of course presuming it works o.k

Cheers Nige, I will most likely use it more than any other camera as I can carry it with me at all times rather than just when deliberately going out doing photography as I do with most of my other cameras. The small amount of zoom should make it a little more useful than the other point and press cameras I have plus it is a little smaller.

It'll probably do you fine in that case. I do the same thing - I usually have my Sure Shot Telemax in my pocket just for those random photo opportunities that arise when you're out and about on non-photo business. The Sure Shot's had the same battery in it for 18 months now and is still going strong.

I've had my mju II for several years and only changed the battery once... my OH had a mju I and I don't think that battery ever got changed in 10 years!

i thought the m11 was a fixed 35mm lens?

O.k so I quoted slightly wrong the camera ( it was still in the suit case at that point) It is the mju 35-70mm zoom !
mju.jpg

Back