Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Bargain time ,just bought a Omd-em10 mk2 from SRS micro systems for £299 brand new , AND there’s £65 cash back on that bringing it down to £234 . Couldn’t resist it at that price ,will know tomorrow :banana::banana::banana:

Bargain time ,just bought a Omd-em10 mk2 from SRS micro systems for £299 brand new , AND there’s £65 cash back on that bringing it down to £234 . Couldn’t resist it at that price ,will know tomorrow :banana::banana::banana:
Yup that's the sale of the century there ;)
I paid £275 for a lightly used one in January but I took it to Amsterdam, Japan and Lisbon in the mean time so I'll not moan too much :)

Yup that's the sale of the century there ;)
I paid £275 for a lightly used one in January but I took it to Amsterdam, Japan and Lisbon in the mean time so I'll not moan too much :)

They're still at that, up to just over £300 used [like new] on MPB, so great deal indeed, to get full warranty and a brand new, pristine body. I'd get one myself if I had spare funds

stretching the limits cause I bought another lens on Monday 45-150 panasonic , but it couldn't be left at that price , spotted one on e/bay from SRS last night for £349 with cash back ,so I though I would have a look at there website to see what other offers there were ,and I was reading the specs when the page went down around midnight ,next think it pops up with a £50 reduction bringing it down to £299 ,phoned this morning to verify it was genuine and bought it on the spot ,plus having bought from SRS before I know there a genuine u.k company

the old-10-mkii has just turned up ,battery on charge ,put in for cash back ,pity it comes with a disc as my i.mac doesn't have a reader

the old-10-mkii has just turned up ,battery on charge ,put in for cash back ,pity it comes with a disc as my i.mac doesn't have a reader

Nice one, if its the manual you can download it.

Nice one, if its the manual you can download it.[/QUOTE

yep done that already mike , but like you im old school and prefer a book in my hands . its quiet a complex little beast though init :runaway::runaway::runaway:

I found this an interesting little video,didn't teach me a lot but raised the question in my mind does anti shock mode hinder action shots.

How is your head this morning after all that studying ;)

Why, when I view .orf thumbnails on my pc, do the .orf files produced by my em5 mk1 show an image, whilst the .orf files produced by my em10 mk2 do not?

Why, when I view .orf thumbnails on my pc, do the .orf files produced by my em5 mk1 show an image, whilst the .orf files produced by my em10 mk2 do not?

The 10mk11 must need a later codec, i dont bother i use fastone for viewing

@mikew Just downloaded fastone. On first look it seems excellent.

I just added photoshop as an edit program, view full screen and right click to edit in another program.

Does this thread include the Pen-F or is there a separate thread for Pen models ?

I’m after a half case for mine and hoped someone could recommend one....

Hi Guys, A friend is selling his OM-D E1 mk1 for £320, is this one of those bite his hand off moments?

Hi Guys, A friend is selling his OM-D E1 mk1 for £320, is this one of those bite his hand off moments?

if it was £299 yes :) thing is you can get them for 370ish with a warranty second hand when they come up on wex etc

What's the condition on it? They range from £369 [good] all the way to £464 [like new] on MPB depending - If you got him to let it go for £300 and it's in good nick you got a bargain I say. Still a very nice camera, and one that could be fun to adapt some old FT lenses too.

What's the condition on it? They range from £369 [good] all the way to £464 [like new] on MPB depending - If you got him to let it go for £300 and it's in good nick you got a bargain I say. Still a very nice camera, and one that could be fun to adapt some old FT lenses too.

It is still the second best all-round m43 stills camera there is (unless long exposures are your thing).

yep done that already mike , but like you im old school and prefer a book in my hands . its quiet a complex little beast though init
There's an eBay seller who will ship you the full manual printed and coil bound - not just the quick start guide - for about a fiver.
I got one and it's quite handy. I think they print on demand from the PDF - they have lots of other camera manuals listed
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-...706457&hash=item3ad485be2a:g:4ysAAOSw4GVYSYqR

The earlier Olympus cameras were included in the Camera Codec Pack that Microsoft made available for Windows 8.
My E-PL5 .orf files show thumbnails but not the E-M10 or E-M10 Mkii.
That pack was included in Windows 10 but has never been updated :(

It's something I think Olympus could resolve but they don't seem interested.

Back