Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Refresh me pls which camera that and lens?

I've got the EM1 with the pro lens at the moment for the weekend on the trail. And bleeping hell it really is a nice camera and such a sharp lens too can can focus quite close too which I am so amaze about.. If I want too bothered about the AF tracking put AF tracking to one side ie C-AF. Will I get the same sharp image on a em5 and a em10

Just click on the image and it will take you to Flickr and all the info is there, it's the EM10 by the way.

It's the same sensor so yes you will (well actually the one in the EM1 is different but the image quality is exactly the same unless you are into long exposures).

Yep, e-m10 and a panasonic 20mm some bloke lent me...I forget his name..seems nice though as he said I could keep it for free :)

Can't get over how lovely this em 1 is or is it the lens I don't know the image are so sharp...

I have decided already it OMD but which is a matter of what as at the same time I like to recup some money too so like try spend as little as I can and out some cash toward something else...

More testing tmr and Sunday woop woop

Well, that was interesting- I personally would hate it, but the end result for landscape style looks very good.

Yes it's Marmite, Nutella... from that sort of stable but (and it's a big but) it's difficult to criticise the output.
It's fair to say the guy from The Camera Store is not a huge fan of the Sigma operationally (and I can see that point of view) but when you get familiar with the operational quirks it's not a bad camera to use at all.

Has anyone got the cheaper Kit Lens that comes with the OMD is it 12 - 50 Lens and anyone with the PZ lens that comes with the EM10 how are they???

But can those lens get good images? I am normally a Prime person to be honest. I defy be getting the 45 1.8 and though about another prime and just a body..

Again today I couldn't find the button to get to the quick menu on the EM10 again lol I know where it is on the EM1

MFT is great for primes. Check out the 45/1.8, 25/1.4 and the 75/1.8. Lovely, all of them. The 20/1.7 is special too, as long as you don't expect fast focus in poor light (I never had any issues with it in good light).

Are all those Oly apart from the 20/1.7?

The 25 is Panasonic.

You've already had an MFT camera - did you not research lends then? *puzzled*

Last edited:
That why I am asking pal

I wasn't trying to be sarky, honest, but what you think counts a lot - you have had so many opinions in the last couple of pages I'm pretty sure their opinion has covered this already so it comes down to what you think and what your standards are...

I wasn't trying to be sarky, honest, but what you think counts a lot - you have had so many opinions in the last couple of pages I'm pretty sure their opinion has covered this already so it comes down to what you think and what your standards are...
That why I am going to have a good think this weekend while with the EM1... IF I can get the same image i.e. static and Landscape portrait with all cameras I might get the EM10 with a few primes...

If I think I won't use the C-AF enough to justify the higher price I will forget it and hope for the best I get some good ones on the EM10 I guess just take loads in C-AF and hope there some good ones there since it for hobby I don't need to be Sure I have to get the image right like the pro do for weddings etc

Yes they're all equally as sharp. The detail they capture is imo, on par with the best dslr's out there.

If you click the picture above it will take you to Flickr which will display the exif details such as camera, lens, settings etc. So, e-m10 and Panny 20mm f1.7 for the above shot of his son. No wonder he looks miserable, you've made him move to a s*** hole and you're sticking a camera in his face! Oh, and he has you for a dad. Enough for anyone to look like that.

:giggle:

If you're going for primes, no point paying for a load of zooms you don 't want. MPB have 2nd hand EM5's for c. £350. Just sayin'...

What amaze me how close we can focus with this lens the 12-40 .. are most of the oly lens like that?

MFT is great for primes. Check out the 45/1.8, 25/1.4 and the 75/1.8. Lovely, all of them. The 20/1.7 is special too, as long as you don't expect fast focus in poor light (I never had any issues with it in good light).

-£sssss ;)

Yes they're all equally as sharp. The detail they capture is imo, on par with the best dslr's out there.

If you click the picture above it will take you to Flickr which will display the exif details such as camera, lens, settings etc. So, e-m10 and Panny 20mm f1.7 for the above shot of his son. No wonder he looks miserable, you've made him move to a s*** hole and you're sticking a camera in his face! Oh, and he has you for a dad. Enough for anyone to look like that.

:giggle:

Git. And it's a poop hole that I've dropped plenty of squidders on. He doesn't know he's born. On the upside, his Playstation was wired up before we even had a cooker. #gooddad

Last edited:
If you're going for primes, no point paying for a load of zooms you don 't want. MPB have 2nd hand EM5's for c. £350. Just sayin'...

I did though about a EM5 for it 5 axis as that what the EM1 got and i have found it quite impressive for low shutter speed really does work well...

EM10 I like for the Wifi as EM5 doesn't have it... But I not tried the feature yet so till I have tried it i might not be bothered... Also the built in flash on the EM10.

I not mentioned it yet while I was sat in starbuck having a coffee after picking the camera up having a play a guy there was saying he into M43 and he says Panasonic GF7 and GX7 are great cameras too ARGH but I don't think they have a good IS like the OMD

I not mentioned it yet while I was sat in starbuck having a coffee after picking the camera up having a play a guy there was saying he into M43 and he says Panasonic GF7 and GX7 are great cameras too ARGH but I don't think they have a good IS like the OMD
Panasonic put their IS in the lenses, not the bodies.

The GX7 has in built stabilisation.

OMD bodies are awesome, but the Panasonic Leica lenses from what i have seen seem to offer something extra imo.

The button for the scp is on the right hand side of the viewfinder on the 10.

How do the panny lens work with the Oly do they behave ok..

So it Oly Body Panny lens best of both world I suppose. But I have found that the Oly 12-40 lens lovely but £800 The Oly 45 1.8 is pretty nice too

How do the panny lens work with the Oly do they behave ok..
Some issues reported by some users;
High ISO banding with the 20mm
Rattle snaking with the 25mm

Also, you may need to disable one of the IS systems if both lens and body have it.

Otherwise, all dandy.

Back