Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Just an average shot here ( but I had had several shandy tops first ) but it demonstrates the e-m1 IBIS ability.

O25, ISO 4000, 0.8 seconds handheld

orbs by damianmkv, on Flickr

Just looking at HDEW who have the M5 MK2 at £685 and the EM1 at £575, pretty sure the EM1 is still the premier camera in olympus range so can we /should we expect the M5 MK2 price to drop below the M1 eventually?

More likely that they'll replace the E-M1 with a mkII version to include the sensor-shift 40Mp mode amongst other improvements.

More likely that they'll replace the E-M1 with a mkII version to include the sensor-shift 40Mp mode amongst other improvements.

Hopefully they will, as they need to keep moving with m4/3 which they did not with 4/3.

There was an interview with an Olympus representative published on dpreview just after the release of the E-M5 MkII in which they confirmed they were working on improving the sensor-shift technology for future cameras, so I'd expect that to appear in a new top-of-the-range camera.

Just looking at HDEW who have the M5 MK2 at £685 and the EM1 at £575, pretty sure the EM1 is still the premier camera in olympus range so can we /should we expect the M5 MK2 price to drop below the M1 eventually?

Would be interested to how HDEW do theses prices ?,have they a special relationship with Olympus ? :)

Can we keep this thread free of grey import chat please? Let's not get it locked.

Hi to all the M5 MK2 users, are any of you using the Grip with the body, I tried one today without the grip and feel that I could not use it without the grip. Unable to try as shop did not have them in stock.

There's some very good cashback, offers and trade in bonuses available on the EM-1 at present. What are peoples thoughts on this versus the new EM-5 mk II?

There's some very good cashback, offers and trade in bonuses available on the EM-1 at present. What are peoples thoughts on this versus the new EM-5 mk II?

There's quite a few posts on this in the thread, I know I've posted at least twice :)

I've just bought an em1 & 12-40 f2.8 I don't want to use the supplied strap with the Olympus branding.
What straps are you guys using ? I'm considering the Peak Design wrist strap.

I use a Joby wrist strap.

Edit: Sorry I was in a rush!

Heres the link (link) - I actually ordered via flubit at £11.71, although I might use bespoke now as they regularly beat flubit's prices.

I like this one in part because of the security - it tightens as soon as any weight is on it, which makes it harder to remove which given the value of the items on it is a good thing, for me two seconds of inconvenience at the end of the day or when I have to take it off (often not until the end of the day!) massively outweighs the convenience of easy release, which to my mind is easy release to anyone.

Last edited:
I've just bought an em1 & 12-40 f2.8 I don't want to use the supplied strap with the Olympus branding.
What straps are you guys using ? I'm considering the Peak Design wrist strap.
I really like my peak design strap, its very easy to use day to day

Ok strictly speaking not an EM but an E-P5 PEN instead....

Just thought I share a few from the Talk Photography Mega Meet 2015.

_6060268

Just had my first outing with my new omd 10 around budapest really enjoyed using the camera but ended up losing my 37mm lens cap, which was really poor in design, looking to replace with an alternative as original cost is £13 way overpriced, anyone bought a decent replacement, maybe one with a retaining strap.

To save me trying to find the manual, can anyone tell me how to review shots through viewfinder on my E-M5 ?

Err, put your eye to the viewfinder and press the playback button (as long ass it's the same as the E-M10).

You do have to start with your eye there and keep it there. As soon as you move away the camera reverts to the screen and when you go back to the EVF, it drops playback mode.

Back