Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Very good set @Billy, I've had a bit of a mess around with those modes but nothing too serious, it's good to see what they can do, thanks for posting

Very good set @Billy, I've had a bit of a mess around with those modes but nothing too serious, it's good to see what they can do, thanks for posting
It was very nice to see the firework shots developing on the screen so I could close the shutter at the right time.

I had another play with Live Time & Live Composite at Blackpool's firework championship last night, I did find it a little laggy for shooting fireworks, I shot off the beach but it was very windy and the tide was coming in fast, here are a few of the pics.
Excellent

It's funny, I much prefer the silver EM5/10/ii but think it looks terrible on the EM1.
snap! its looks higher class on the 5/10 but on the 1 it looks tacky and cheap to me-dont know why:D. hopefully the mk11 is a great camera, if the high rez hand held gets sorted well it could be a nice feature. that combined with in camera focus stacking would be great-i think they would get me to upgrade my mk1 omd-e 10, well that and improved snr at higher iso

You two are just meanies :(

It's funny, I much prefer the silver EM5/10/ii but think it looks terrible on the EM1.
I've always preferred silver over black, I've had ever X100 model all in silver but I got the X100T in black (for a change) kept it 2 weeks and sold it to buy the silver version. I was in Jessops today and the E-M5 MK II was out in black, my silver looks far better.

Been thinking about my full frame itch and I'm wondering if its more of a lens issue. Thinking i might get rid of the 12-40 and getting the 17 & 45 1.8's might help with the faster shutter speeds and DOF i require. I did love the 45mm 1.8. If that works i would also look at adding the 75mm.

FF lenses are pricey :eek:
this is a strong point of m4/3 for me even the higher prices lenses are great quality per pound. the 12-40 pro is wonderful for the cash, and the primes are amazing value for money.

this is a strong point of m4/3 for me even the higher prices lenses are great quality per pound. the 12-40 pro is wonderful for the cash, and the primes are amazing value for money.
I have the 45mm f/1.8, I would love the 75mm f/1.8 but my pocket ain't that deep.

I have the 45mm f/1.8, I would love the 75mm f/1.8 but my pocket ain't that deep.
the 75 isnt cheap but compared to a top of the range full frame 85mm or 135mm its not a bad price. the 25mm panny/Leica is great and 2nd hand its a lot of lens for the dosh

Last edited:
the 75 isnt cheap but compared to a top of the range full frame 85mm or 135mm its not a bad price. the 25mm panny/Leica is great and 2nd hand its a lot of lens for the dosh
I know Panasonic lenses fit but what about the Leica 25mm lens, is it a straight fit & will it auto focus etc?

Sigma 30 1.4 is also great - mine was less than £240 new. It's not o25 size though

I know Panasonic lenses fit but what about the Leica 25mm lens, is it a straight fit & will it auto focus etc?

It works as any other m43 lens, which is to say it does. Nice rendering too although a little big for my liking (it's not massive or particularly heavy but just seems a bit big for what it is compared to the Oly).

edit: oh, as with many Panasonic lenses on Oly bodies it can be prone to purple blobs - my PL25 is terrible shooting wide open into the sun :eek:

Last edited:
yep works great, i must say i have never had the purple blobs talked about by nawty above. the rendering is just lovely, i don't use that length glass very often but when i do it just makes me smile-it makes my photography look better than it is:p

TBH, the only Panasonic lens I have had a slight issue with was the superb 7-14 F4, which did cause very unsightly purple blobs in any areas of high contrast or light sources in the frame on both my OMD bodies (EM1 and EM5 II - now sold). So much so in fact, although it was a brilliant lens - tack sharp, relatively fast (F4), and very small and light, I just couldn't live with it's short comings and so replaced it with the Olympus 7-14 F2.8 (which is a beast, but not really any better optically - except the 1 stop better max aperture))

Some big announcements there about the new em1 beating aps-c cameras for AF, looking at the Olympus event

Last edited:
I'll try and summarise what's happening but may miss some bits

18fps with c-af, or 60fps with sequential shooting for the mk2, 121 focus points

Pro capture will start taking the shot with half push of the shutter button so you should never miss a shot

Last edited:
No mention of price unless it was whilst I was battering my router to pieces

Pro capture will start taking the shot with half push of the shutter button so you should never miss a shot
Yes. Olympus introduced that feature in one of their Camedia compacts in the late 90's. I was quite amazed at the time. It only produced 1.3 Megapixel images back then though.

Gavin hoey has had the new 25mm over the weekend he says it's amazing.

Steve Huff has put up a review of the 50mm and the pictures look amazing.

The EM1ii looks fantastic too, my wallet is flinching badly.

Back