Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Olympus manuals aren't great tbh. Whenever I get a new camera I tend to go through every menu function and see what each does. Sad but true ;)

You need to go to the spanner menu and set Rec View Off.

And there was me going through the cog. DOH!!

I found it straight away after looking in the spanner. It was on 0.5 seconds. Thank you so much. Buy yourself something nice. I insist :D

I've bought the Pan 25mm from John Lewis. Will pick it up later :)

------------------------

Olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii image stabilization. Will it work on a Sigma or other non Pan Oly lenses?

------------------------

Olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii image stabilization. Will it work on a Sigma or other non Pan Oly lenses?

I'm looking at my own question thinking, did I really just ask that :LOL:

------------------------

Cracker of a lens, love mine. I used it on an old em5 and it was great, you do indeed benefit from the IBIS. I was able to hand hold and get sharp images at 1/4 easily with that combination, [as long as 1" with a little patience] and the em10 II has even beter IBIS afaik.

Better test with new EM5II and 12-40, at Cambridge botanical gardens. All out of the camera apart from resizing, apart from the last one which was also cropped a bit.

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Think a macro lens is next on the cards... What the IQ like between the 30mm and the 60mm? 30mm would probably suit my preferred focal length, effective 120mm seems a bit close to me, plus effective 60mm would make a nice portrait lens too.

Better test with new EM5II and 12-40, at Cambridge botanical gardens. All out of the camera apart from resizing, apart from the last one which was also cropped a bit.

View attachment 122888

View attachment 122889

View attachment 122890

Think a macro lens is next on the cards... What the IQ like between the 30mm and the 60mm? 30mm would probably suit my preferred focal length, effective 120mm seems a bit close to me, plus effective 60mm would make a nice portrait lens too.

60mm equivalent is not overly useful for macro photography of ‘stuff’ so the 30mm isn’t something I would consider buying, most macro ‘togs look for a longer lens as it gives them more working distance. The 30mm is more designed for photographing print/art.

Couple of bird photos to show with the new camera and zoom lens.

Very nice, that is a great little lens once you can cover some distance, I just found it a tad short for what I need. Impressive ISO 1600 on the Great Tit pic and great sharpness on the Jackdaw[?]

The 60mm macro would be a great portrait lens also, you may have to pull back a bit when shooting but you'll get more pleasant shallow DOF because of the focal length. It will give you much more breathing/working space for macro work too, much better for bugs and flower detail than the 30mm, where you would be almost touching your subject. The 30mm is apparently slightly sharper, but the 60mm is the more sensible choice, also it's 2.8 > 3.5

Where is off? My eyes are bleeding reading the manual :LOL:
Olympus PDF files don't render properly on my eReaders and they are as you say eye bleedingly difficult to read on my phone.

I was recommended to this seller over at the e-group forum.
Having the full manual not just the quick start as a printed book made it much easier to digest well worth £5.49
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-...NUAL-GUIDE-HANDBOOK-171-PAGES-A5/252673637930

The seller has lots of other cameras covered too and added the Mki when I asked him to :)

Olympus PDF files don't render properly on my eReaders and they are as you say eye bleedingly difficult to read on my phone.

I was recommended to this seller over at the e-group forum.
Having the full manual not just the quick start as a printed book made it much easier to digest well worth £5.49
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPUS-...NUAL-GUIDE-HANDBOOK-171-PAGES-A5/252673637930

The seller has lots of other cameras covered too and added the Mki when I asked him to :)
I have the manual pdfs for all my cameras on my iPhone and iPad, they work fine (y)

I have the manual pdfs for all my cameras on my iPhone and iPad, they work fine (y)
I can view them on my iPhone 6 - but they aren't formatted for digital screens so the index and contents don't link if you "click" on the entries.
The illustrations are really awkward to pinch and zoom around - try Page 18 "Shooting" for instance that shows the rear screen and all the icons it can display.

I have them on the phone for reference out and about but if you want to study the manual properly - which I've done once - the £5.49 is worth the money.

They are totally unusable on my Nook or my Kobo

Anyone come across this possible problem with the EM5mk2?

Very slow to switch between playback and shooting mode. 5 or 6 seconds.

Was out in London Thursday night for a walkabout with the camera and since then it's been very slow.

Haven't tried any remedial procedures yet.

Thought I might upgrade to the latest version of firmware and format the card in camera for starters.

Anyone come across this possible problem with the EM5mk2?

Very slow to switch between playback and shooting mode. 5 or 6 seconds.

Was out in London Thursday night for a walkabout with the camera and since then it's been very slow.

Haven't tried any remedial procedures yet.

Thought I might upgrade to the latest version of firmware and format the card in camera for starters.
Have you tried different cards?

Does anyone use any Sigma lenses with their MFT. 19mm, 30mm, 60mm?

If so do you have a photo to show please.

Does anyone use any Sigma lenses with their MFT. 19mm, 30mm, 60mm?

If so do you have a photo to show please.

No, but I have thought about getting the 60mm. I didn't up until now because I was planning on getting the 60mm macro, but now I have a Raynox that turns the 100-300 lens into an excellent macro option. The 60mm would be more for portrait and the odd landscape/mid tele shot then, for the price it's worth having. The 19 and the 30 are both too close to the 25mm I have already, so I see no point, even as cheap as they can be got for used.

No, but I have thought about getting the 60mm. I didn't up until now because I was planning on getting the 60mm macro, but now I have a Raynox that turns the 100-300 lens into an excellent macro option. The 60mm would be more for portrait and the odd landscape/mid tele shot then, for the price it's worth having. The 19 and the 30 are both too close to the 25mm I have already, so I see no point, even as cheap as they can be got for used.
The 60 macro is a cracking lens I think, very versatile and I for one wouldn't be without it in my bag. The controls on the lens are a bit weird and you need to get used to them but an excellent lens. Not had the Sigma 60mm so can't comment on that.

When I upload a photo to flcikr or facebook it titles the photo, OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA.
Is there a way to get rid of this?

where it says caption.
I dont do that and it still doesn't show up on mine, maybe because I upload from apple photos

where do you mean, doesn't say it to mine. you mean near the camera info or under the photo heading title
If I upload to flickr in the description under the file name it always says Olympus Digital Camera which I always have to manually delete.

Back