Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Last edited:
Thats fab Jeff. One of my favourite seabirds, the head is so striking. I see you're still managing to edit and post in your tent (y)
No came home early steve ,weather was the pits ..never been so cold, selling the tent bought a caravan LOL

No heatwave there?
Definetly not it was bloody freezing with a bitter north easterly wind , I honestly could hardly hold the camera my hands were freezing . Even worse at night we had thick duvets with blankets on top and still had to have a fan heater on all night too . Took 3 nights of it and the missus said sod this for a lark ,so we went out and bought a caravan once that was finalised we packed up and came home ,caravan being delivered this week .

I especially like the details in the wings....... another wonder of nature :)
.... That's exactly why I went for the shot.

Also, another wonder of great camera gear :D

Amazing! I so want this lens....
.... Cheers! I have had this lens for nearly 3 years now and find it very flexible and reliable at all focal lengths including max'd out at 2000mm (35mm equivalent) with MC-20 mounted and built-in TC x1.25 enabled. And in all weathers! I have yet to either hear or read a bad word about this lens - Unless you count some people bitching about the cost.

I hear that OMDS have changed where it is being manufactured and so it's logical to think and hope that supplies of this lens will improve.

HAVING FUN! by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Very enjoyable pages on Flickr, Dave!

Just back from a week in the Yorkshire dales this holiday was a walking/hiking holiday so no long lens and birding As we were close to the Lake District we decided to climb the Old man of Coniston as well here's a few from the trip all taken on the OM10 mark 2 and the Panasonic 12-32mm Had chance to use the Mindshift Rotation rucksack which was fantastic as a walking/photo rucksack 22ltr and managed to fit in the camera bit the OM10 12-32 attached to body and the 35-100 panasonic Olympus 35mm 45mm lenses

Never profess to be a landscape photographer but didn't harm trying to improve my skill set would love to go back on my own when I could indulge in the landscape but being a family holiday many of these were shot on the run as my lot don't understand the creative side of photography :(:(:(:(:(

Valley of Desolation by Terry Warne, on Flickr

Murker 1 by Terry Warne, on Flickr

East Gill Force by Terry Warne, on Flickr

ribblehead Viaduct by Terry Warne, on Flickr

Old Man of Conistion 2 by Terry Warne, on Flickr

Climber Gordale Scar by Terry Warne, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just back from a week in the Yorkshire dales this holiday was a walking/hiking holiday so no long lens and birding As we were close to the Lake District we decided to climb the Old man of Coniston as well here's a few from the trip all taken on the OM10 mark 2 and the Panasonic 12-32mm Had chance to use the Mindshift Rotation rucksack which was fantastic as a walking/photo rucksack 22ltr and managed to fit in the camera bit the OM10 12-32 attached to body and the 35-100 panasonic Olympus 35mm 45mm lenses

Never profess to be a landscape photographer but didn't harm trying to improve my skill set would love to go back on my own when I could indulge in the landscape but being a family holiday many of these were shot on the run as my lot don't understand the creative side of photography :(:(:(:(:(

Great set. Not been to the VofD for ages as dogs aren’t allowed. Muker is 45 minutes from home, and Ribblehead about 15.

Great set. Not been to the VofD for ages as dogs aren’t allowed. Muker is 45 minutes from home, and Ribblehead about 15.
Your very lucky Stephen to live so close to such stunning scenery

The trouble is, you tend to take it for granted after a while
Same where I live in Somerset Stephen I think we all succumb to "local blindness" when it comes to where we live I am lucky that the Somerset levels is a great wildlife location and we do have some fantastic other landscape locations in the westcountry

The trouble is, you tend to take it for granted after a while

Same where I live in Somerset Stephen I think we all succumb to "local blindness" when it comes to where we live I am lucky that the Somerset levels is a great wildlife location and we do have some fantastic other landscape locations in the westcountry

I am slightly different I live between the coast and the Lake District and I can't be bothered to further than either for Landscapes/Seascapes.

Last edited:

Super set terry

.... The shutter speed you selected on the East Gill waterfall is perfect!

Fabulous viaduct shot but for me personally it really needs a train on it [Says Robin who is a keen railway enthusiast].

.... The shutter speed you selected on the East Gill waterfall is perfect!

Fabulous viaduct shot but for me personally it really needs a train on it [Says Robin who is a keen railway enthusiast].
Hi Robin agree Ribblehead viaduct needs a train to give scale to the sheer size of the viaduct where's the flying Scotsman when you need it!! As I mentioned had to shot on the run for most of my Yorkshire photos just I got back to the car the two train shuttle was going over the viaduct if only had more time to have waited for a train

Hi Robin agree Ribblehead viaduct needs a train to give scale to the sheer size of the viaduct where's the flying Scotsman when you need it!! As I mentioned had to shot on the run for most of my Yorkshire photos just I got back to the car the two train shuttle was going over the viaduct if only had more time to have waited for a train
.... Yeah, but better to have got the really nice set of pictures you got rather than leave the camera at home.

If you're really interested East India Line went through Settle an hour or so ago so should have been across the viaduct this morning.

If you're really interested East India Line went through Settle an hour or so ago so should have been across the viaduct this morning.
Wish I could have been there Stephen alas back in Somerset

Disappointing walk around the wetlands yesterday, saw very few birds and those that I did were high in the trees like this cliff chaff and willow warbler

chchaff by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

wwarbler2 by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Did come across a few Damselflies though and this one posed nicely while I took it photo :)

dmslfly by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, a bit of advice from anyone withe the Olympus 300mm f/4. I have purchased one from new, but the focus ring seems a little 'loose' and 'rattly'.
It all works properly, just wondered if this is normal as this bit of the lens doesn't seem up to par with the quality of the rest of the lens.

The only thing I find with it is that the focus ring can be pulled backwards too easily, making me wonder why I am struggling to focus.

Hi, a bit of advice from anyone withe the Olympus 300mm f/4. I have purchased one from new, but the focus ring seems a little 'loose' and 'rattly'.
It all works properly, just wondered if this is normal as this bit of the lens doesn't seem up to par with the quality of the rest of the lens.
The manual focus ring on mine......the MF clutch action on mine is positive in its action and the rotation is smooth and seamless.

I cannot say I have noticed anything in regard to "loose" and "rattly".

Back