Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

I don't know why but i've been looking at getting back to olympus and looking at om1 mk2 with the 12-40f2.8 mk2 lens combo.
Trying to see if there's any good deals at the moment, anyone know of any? best I can find is clifton cameras £2589 12 months interest free.
Anyone beat that or think there will be more deals next weekend with the bank holiday?

0% credit card over 18 months

Sorted.
Id thought of that but none available to me, ive checked.

On omsystems own site I see the bundles actually got £200 off at the moment bringing it to £2499, problem there is that it's pay up front on a card or i do have the paypal 0% pay it all in one go in 4 months which is doable I guess. Was really hoping for a 0% deal at 12 to 18 month really :-/

Just went back to Cotswold cameras and noticed while they dont do finance they do paypal and their bundle is only £2019 beating even hdew.
That seems a very good deal. Having searched for a discount code i see theres none to be had which would have been nice.

I also see from forum posts both good and bad reports about them :-/

Just went back to Cotswold cameras and noticed while they dont do finance they do paypal and their bundle is only £2019 beating even hdew.
That seems a very good deal. Having searched for a discount code i see theres none to be had which would have been nice.

I bought my OM-1 mk2 and the 12-40 f2.8 mk2 from Cotswold Cameras. All went well and had my new system within a week. I used PayPal with no issues.

I’ve used them a couple times. All good.

My first ever "Geoff". This was a 26 shot focus bracket handheld with natural light put together in Helicon. Not a perfect stack but im pretty pleased how its turned out considering the size of the moth and the high iso (10000). Om1 + 90mm macro

Albonia Geoffrella, Dorset by Pete, on Flickr

That is lovely

Hi, excellent pics in this thread ! (y)

A few taken with my dear old OLYMPUS Pen Ep-1 - Pana 1,7/20. I like using it now and then. I handles beautifully, and has a nice shutter sound ... :

P5253748.jpg

P5253752-c.jpg

P5253795-c.jpg

P5253732-c.jpg

P5253811-c.jpg

Has anyone here gone from the Olympus EM 1 Mk 3 to the OM1 Mk 2? I have a Canon set up but use my Oly for doc projects. I am pondering taking my oly system to Tokyo for a week rather than the Canon because of the weight. Thoughts, please.

Has anyone here gone from the Olympus EM 1 Mk 3 to the OM1 Mk 2? I have a Canon set up but use my Oly for doc projects. I am pondering taking my oly system to Tokyo for a week rather than the Canon because of the weight. Thoughts, please.
Anybody?

I’ve just gone from an em1 mkiii to an om1, only had a day or so to play, but I found the auto focus far quicker (no doubt helped bt the object detect setting) and the whole menu system seems far more intuitive. Different batteries in the two cameras though ! On the whole very pleased with my upgrade.

I went travelling with an OM-1 and a borrowed 10-100 lens, which was a great combination. (I also had my 300mm with me, for the eclipse, but that didn't go out and about) The combination worked very well. So glad I didn't take the Nikon kit. (Like Olly B I'd upgraded, but from a MKii. OM-1 much easier to get set up.)

Last edited:
I went travelling with an OM-1 and a borrowed 10-100 lens, which was a great combination. (I also had my 300mm with me, for the eclipse, but that didn't go out an about) The combination worked very well. So glad I didn't take the Nikon kit. (Like Olly B I'd upgraded, but from a MKii. OM-1 much easier to get set up.)
Was that the 12-100 mm f4.0?

Last edited:
I put my em10 mk2 on a gorilla pod the other. Attached it to my back patio door at the top. The blue tits were fledging and I wanted a good close up as they popped their head out to go.
I used the remote app on the tablet and before I sat down I checked for the 5th time all was secure in the camera department. Just as I sat down the whole thing came down. Straight onto the patio slabs. The back screen twisted, dent in the camera, dent in the 60mm sigma lens.
After shouting some rather lovely words to the universe I got the camera and some pinch pliers and straighten the arms on the screen best I could. That shuts now. Nothing I can do about the dent in the corner of the camera or the large dent at the front on the lens.
The good news is, it all works. For a camera and lens that feel lightweight and not much to them they took a hit like a champ.
It could have been a lot worse but (y) up to Olympus and Sigma for surviving that fall :cool:

The thing that broke that couldn’t be fixed… Gorilla pod. Smashed to bits.

I know it's not in the title, but I'm loving the ep7 and the tiny kit zoom. I have the 12-40mm 2.8 pro, but I wanted to see how the kit zoom performed on the 20mp sensor and it's a blast. Like a compact camera, but m43 sensor. It's not exactly insanely sharp, it doesn't get as close as the pro lens, it doesn't let in as much light... But it's so damn small! I was thinking I'd sell it, but it's actually quite fun, and helps me not worry so much about sharpest kit - instead, I focus a bit more on composition. Below is a geranium herb with campanula, shot on a driveway of all places. The background fell into shadow naturally so it just sort of worked. The pro lens would have let me blur the foreground a bit more, which would look better but I don't think it's overy distracting. And yes, I know it's just a flower photo :) but I snap things that connect me with family.

1000009331.jpg

Hi folks, sorry to bother you.

I'm looking at options for a do it all, chuck in the bag, camera that I can take everywhere I go. Out on the mountain bike, camping, fishing and general walking around.

I've stumbled on the OM 10 MK4 and the ep7. They look small and I'd just use the stock lens. I have a FF system I'm happy with.

Does anyone here have any general thoughts on these two options? Both around £750 currently. I know they are not weather sealed but just thought I'd ask here first.

Many thanks.

Hi folks, sorry to bother you.

I'm looking at options for a do it all, chuck in the bag, camera that I can take everywhere I go. Out on the mountain bike, camping, fishing and general walking around.

I've stumbled on the OM 10 MK4 and the ep7. They look small and I'd just use the stock lens. I have a FF system I'm happy with.

Does anyone here have any general thoughts on these two options? Both around £750 currently. I know they are not weather sealed but just thought I'd ask here first.

Many thanks.

If they're the same price, the em10 has an evf.

The ep7 I picked up with the kit lens for £550 from OM system, which was considerably less than the om10. So if they're the same price, the em10 is probably the slightly better bet overall, and it's still super small. :) others will have their opinion.

Back