Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

The grip really balances the 40-150 perfectly and I find it makes the camera sit more comfortably against my body too. That said, I don't normally use it.

I have the Oly HLD-7 which I picked up cheap in Tokyo, otherwise I'd have no qualms of getting a Meike or suchlike
I managed to pick up a HLD-7 for £110 new so very happy with that.

Guys just a small update since my defection to Sony, before I decided on Sony I did test a few Nikon before and found them hard work in Low Light due to lack of 5 Axis ok the Lens have VR but not great, most often than not blurry even in Mirror up mode. Anyway I can report that after 3 weeks using the A7RII it its everything I imagined it to be, kinda an em5ii with 42meg of pixels

Do I miss my Olympus, sometimes and most recently the lack of Intervilleometer and live comp, Sony have Apps you have to buy to get the same Effect. They have a bracketing app but at present only allows 3 shots, so no good for Macro
Weight wise I have not noticed and it doesn't feel much heavier than an em5 with 12-40 pro,

Lens wise im covered I have sony FE native primes and Canon glass working in Harmony, I bought the metabones V4 so I could use Canon Glass. Only thing now missing is a long reach 400mm, but im saving up for the Sony G 70-400.
Snapped up a 50mm F1.4 Samyang Prime on Amazon price mistake so save over 100 :)

Im waiting now for Panasonic and Olympus to announce the new bodies, I really want either the Em1II or a Lumix FZ2000 or FZ1000 MK2

Last edited:
Guys just a small update since my defection to Sony, before I decided on Sony I did test a few Nikon before and found them hard work in Low Light due to lack of 5 Axis ok the Lens have VR but not great, most often than not blurry even in Mirror up mode. Anyway I can report that after 3 weeks using the A7RII it its everything I imagined it to be, kinda an em5ii with 42meg of pixels

Do I miss my Olympus, sometimes and most recently the lack of Intervilleometer and live comp, Sony have Apps you have to buy to get the same Effect. They have a bracketing app but at present only allows 3 shots, so no good for Macro
Weight wise I have not noticed and it doesn't feel much heavier than an em5 with 12-40 pro,

Lens wise im covered I have sony FE native primes and Canon glass working in Harmony, I bought the metabones V4 so I could use Canon Glass. Only thing now missing is a long reach 400mm, but im saving up for the Sony G 70-400.
Snapped up a 50mm F1.4 Samyang Prime on Amazon price mistake so save over 100 :)

Im waiting now for Panasonic and Olympus to announce the new bodies, I really want either the Em1II or a Lumix FZ2000 or FZ1000 MK2
Yep, I wish my D750 had the 5-axis IBIS from my EM5-II, the Olly IS is by far the best I've used. That being said I gain at least couple of stops in ISO performance on the D750 so it's swings and roundabouts I guess, although the Olly IBIS still amazes me at times, like being able to handhold 40mm (80mm eq) at 1s :eek:

Has anyone any suggestions for a protective case for the em-1? I'm looking for protection when carrying it in my photography bag not to stay on when in use.

A "Protective case for when its in your photography bag".

Sounds to me like you just need a better camera bag! Maybe try some padded dividers?

I have the Olympus Wrapping Cloth. The cheaper predecessor of this one : www.getolympus.com/us/en/rainproof-multi-purpose-wrapping-cloth-cs-35.html
I cover my EM5ii with it when it's over my shoulder, so it's less visible. And it protects it from abrasion when in another bag. It's very quick to put on. And is very pocketable when off. It fits well with 90mm long lenses attached too.

Last edited:
A "Protective case for when its in your photography bag".

Sounds to me like you just need a better camera bag! Maybe try some padded dividers?
Lol, I have a good bag with dividers but I meant something like a neoprene cover just to stop it rubbing or if it moves around that's all. It's probably me being paranoid but I just like to protect all my kit as much as possible.

I sometimes put it in a rucksack along with coats and gloves when I'm out. So a bit of protection is useful when on the bus/bike/walking and I stop at a cafe.

I sometimes put it in a rucksack along with coats and gloves when I'm out. So a bit of protection is useful when on the bus/bike/walking and I stop at a cafe.
Yes good idea but I found a neoprene cover on fleabay which will do the job, it's a neat pouch type affair with fastener so im happy with that. Op/Tech 8201114 if anyo e else is interested.

Pretty good, my son ( he's 12 ) used it at the car meet and he got some good shots ( he uses a d3100 usually ).

Could do with some better weather to try it out more

I was just reading the Robin wong review, I must say, based on that and a quick glance at this other review there's nothing really making me want to rush out and buy it.

I was just reading the Robin wong review, I must say, based on that and a quick glance at this other review there's nothing really making me want to rush out and buy it.

Yep, that just saved me a grand I can put towards a lens or something. Roll on the EM1ii.

I need some advice on a new bag. It will be to house my OMD EM10 with the Olly 12-40 on the camera and the Panasonic 35-100. I have some other cases including a backpack and two small Kata bags. One will tale the 10 with the 12-40 and the other will take a lot more.
What I would like is a messenger type bag that is not too wide so that it can be easily carried all day on holidays.
I have seen the ONA Bowery and the Think Tank Retrospectives. I did not really want to pay those prices, if, there is something else out there that would fit my needs. Only stipulation is I do not want a leather bag
thanks in advance
Steve

I've got the Domke F-803. For my needs it's almost perfect. Fits my EM10, 14-150mm, 14-42EZ, 18mm f1.8, 45mm f1.8 along with spare batteries/ charger etc if needed. I was after a narrow messenger/satchel type bag and I've been really impressed.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by the PEN-F. Perhaps I was expecting a bit too much, or maybe I'm holding it to higher standards because of where they priced it, but there doesn't really seems like any new progress here. The sensor doesn't sound like a significant jump forward (although lets wait for some proper tests), and everything else already exists in other bodies (near enough), so it seems like they took all the best bits of the lineup and shoved it in a PEN body, which is no bad thing, I was just anticipating something new on top. Can't see the price holding high for long.

As the pen-f is £1000, the e-m1 mk2 will be £1500 then ? As Ming says, that's D750 money and some

As the pen-f is £1000, the e-m1 mk2 will be £1500 then ? As Ming says, that's D750 money and some

Yeah, but the D750 isnt 1k in the UK. Just like the Pen wont be 1k elsewhere. Still expensive though, makes the X pro 2 look cheap.

I need some advice on a new bag. It will be to house my OMD EM10 with the Olly 12-40 on the camera and the Panasonic 35-100. I have some other cases including a backpack and two small Kata bags. One will tale the 10 with the 12-40 and the other will take a lot more.
What I would like is a messenger type bag that is not too wide so that it can be easily carried all day on holidays.
I have seen the ONA Bowery and the Think Tank Retrospectives. I did not really want to pay those prices, if, there is something else out there that would fit my needs. Only stipulation is I do not want a leather bag
thanks in advance
Steve

I went to Cardiff today and visited three camera shops as well as the usual electrical outlets, John Lewis etc. Saw plenty of the usual suspects but most shops had Lowepros in abundance.
Camera Centre had the best choice and I saw three bags in there that caught my eye.
The first was a Tamrac Zuma 3 http://www.tamrac.com/products/zuma-3
Which they were asking £20 for, reduced from £40
Secondly a Crumpler Light Delight 4000 which was £50 http://www.cameracentreuk.com/crump...ulder-sling-bag-dusky-brown-4110-401-5648.php
Thirdly a Tenba DNA 8 at £68 http://www.cameracentreuk.com/p0/tenba/552.htm

I preferred the Tenba with the Tamrac in second place. The Tamrac was a little bit bigger than I needed but at £20 I can take some extra gear if needed or a snack and a drink. I bought the Tamrac to be getting on with and even if I sell it I won't loose much

Just thought I'd update you all

Thanks
Steve

thanks in advance
Steve

Lowepro Urban Reporter 150, what I've bought after not wanting to sell a kidney for an ONA or a retrospective. Mines due tomorrow.

Ha, cheap at half the price!

Typically I saw 4 available at a reasonable price last week but now can't find one for love nor money (without paying over the odds) knew I should have weighed in instead of waiting for stuff to sell

me neither, only just got it. But I am now planning on selling my two kit lenses that came with my OMD EM10. Hopefully getting the Pana 35-100 to partner with the 12-40 as soon as the seller gets back from a trip next week

I'm really pleased with my 35-100, it's great

Back